Is the manager's job on the line

KingKirk

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

If the season ends on a whimper I think he might put the feelers out for a job in England. We won’t be able to afford to sack him and he won’t want to have a sacking on his CV this early on either.

The likes of Derby, Leeds and Middlesbrough are all decent sized clubs in the Championship who get good backing from their owners and they might all be looking for a new manager come the Summer and if they are I think he might try and get one of those jobs.

They will focus mainly on the strides he has made in Europe because they view Scottish football poorly and view it as a good job he has done. I could see him getting offered something at the end of the season

10 minutes ago, gersfc86 said:

That is nonsense.  We don't have the quality. It's quite simple really. 

If that theory was true that teams have us figured out then surely teams in England would figure out how to play against Liverpool's system aswell.  4-3-3 Salah and Mane cutting inside and full backs providing the width etc 

The we don’t have the quality argument stood up when we were playing people like Harry Forrester and Josh Windass..it doesn’t stand up any more after significantly increasing our wage bill by giving Morelos, Tav, Jack, Davis, Defoe and McGregor new deals, investing 7 million on Kent and a reported £20,000 a week four year deal on Aribo.

19 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

The we don’t have the quality argument stood up when we were playing people like Harry Forrester and Josh Windass..it doesn’t stand up any more after significantly increasing our wage bill by giving Morelos, Tav, Jack, Davis, Defoe and McGregor new deals, investing 7 million on Kent and a reported £20,000 a week four year deal on Aribo.

We invested 7 million on kent yes but we need to invest 7 million on another 3 players minimum if we are going to have a squad of genuine quality. 

So therefore the lack of quality argument does stand up!

11 minutes ago, gersfc86 said:

We invested 7 million on kent yes but we need to invest 7 million on another 3 players minimum if we are going to have a squad of genuine quality. 

So therefore the lack of quality argument does stand up!

Sorry mate but I’m not buying it. He’s even said himself that this was the season we had to challenge and we’ve blown it.

Just now, GazzasOrangeFlute said:

Got a funny feeling that last nights defeat might awaken the sleeping giant.

Fucking painful knowing we have a good squad but they are just not showing the true potential they have.

I mean we cannot get any worse. 

I thought the Hearts result would awaken the sleeping giant...

43 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

If the season ends on a whimper I think he might put the feelers out for a job in England. We won’t be able to afford to sack him and he won’t want to have a sacking on his CV this early on either.

The likes of Derby, Leeds and Middlesbrough are all decent sized clubs in the Championship who get good backing from their owners and they might all be looking for a new manager come the Summer and if they are I think he might try and get one of those jobs.

I’m starting to think that too..

Would a guy like Gerrard like to be our manager when they completed 10 in a row.

44 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

He’d be well suited for Leeds - they blow up after Christmas, too!

1 minute ago, GazzasOrangeFlute said:

Got a funny feeling that last nights defeat might awaken the sleeping giant.

Fucking painful knowing we have a good squad but they are just not showing the true potential they have.

I mean we cannot get any worse. 

We’ll awaken in April when it’s mathematically impossible to win league and go on a 6 match winning streak.

If Gerrard does consider leaving I would hope the job is offered to Beale.  Beale seem to have passion for this club, he knows the players and the tactics, let him take over.  I don’t think I could cope with someone else coming in and starting all over again,  and I doubt the club could afford it TBH.

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Sorry mate but I’m not buying it. He’s even said himself that this was the season we had to challenge and we’ve blown it.

I don't think we have blown it. We have a midfield 3 which is as far I'm concerned very poor.  I didn't expect us to win the title with that midfield. It needs major work in the summer.  People go on about Jack but he is overrated as far I'm concerned.  Davis I have never rated as a player. Arfield works hard with limited ability. Kamara can be very good but lacks consistency. 

So this argument that we have thrown away the title because of Gerrards formation, set up or refusal to change the system is not true. 

4 minutes ago, TMB said:

If Gerrard does consider leaving I would hope the job is offered to Beale.  Beale seem to have passion for this club, he knows the players and the tactics, let him take over.  I don’t think I could cope with someone else coming in and starting all over again,  and I doubt the club could afford it TBH.

ED27E8C6-CCB4-4045-B9EE-C798C5CBB87C.gif

12 minutes ago, gersfc86 said:

I don't think we have blown it. We have a midfield 3 which is as far I'm concerned very poor.  I didn't expect us to win the title with that midfield. It needs major work in the summer.  People go on about Jack but he is overrated as far I'm concerned.  Davis I have never rated as a player. Arfield works hard with limited ability. Kamara can be very good but lacks consistency. 

So this argument that we have thrown away the title because of Gerrards formation, set up or refusal to change the system is not true. 

You do know it is contradictory to say we haven't blown it and then say we can't win the title with that midfield.

Chuckle !

Jack overrated, Davis never a player, fucking wow.

40 minutes ago, TMB said:

If Gerrard goes Beale and the rest of the coaching staff go with him. 

Even if Beale wanted to stay it would be madness throwing another inexperienced manager in. 

It would need to be an experienced manager that comes in.

12 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

If Gerrard goes Beale and the rest of the coaching staff go with him. 

Even if Beale wanted to stay it would be madness throwing another inexperienced manager in. 

It would need to be an experienced manager that comes in.

It would be Neil McCann or something like that.  If Gerrard left I’d fear the worst.  

36 minutes ago, bornabear said:

You do know it is contradictory to say we haven't blown it and then say we can't win the title with that midfield.

Chuckle !

Jack overrated, Davis never a player, fucking wow.

Jack is overrated. Quite simply. Davis has a scoring return of about 10 goals in 600 league appearances in Scotland and England. 

It's not contradictory no. We haven't blown it because we were never going to win it. 

5 minutes ago, gersfc86 said:

Jack is overrated. Quite simply. Davis has a scoring return of about 10 goals in 600 league appearances in Scotland and England. 

It's not contradictory no. We haven't blown it because we were never going to win it. 

How many goals has he made in that 600? Stop digging your only making it worse.

9 minutes ago, TMB said:

It would be Neil McCann or something like that.  If Gerrard left I’d fear the worst.  

Fear the worst!

We have reached the tipping point and came out on the downside. The King leaves in a month or so. The well is dry. 

Unless there is a new regime and major investment this summer, Gerrard walks along with his staff and it will cost us. He will not remain here for utter humiliation at the hands of our media when the scum make more history and take ten.

Without major investment, we are not turnng the scum over. Not a chance in hell. That much is clear. The wheat has now been sorted from the chaff and we aint wheat.

Archived