Is the manager's job on the line

KingKirk

10 minutes ago, gersfc86 said:

Jack is overrated. Quite simply. Davis has a scoring return of about 10 goals in 600 league appearances in Scotland and England. 

It's not contradictory no. We haven't blown it because we were never going to win it. 

Steve Davis has scored 35 club goals plus 12 at International level. 595 games.

As you say, he's never a player.

Don't let facts get in the way BTW.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only person to consider firing Gerrard would be a new chairman. King takes great pride in the part he played in the coup of Gerrard and he will not accept blame or responsibility.

In saying that, no way would I consider replacing Gerrard before the end of 20/21 season. 

1 hour ago, TMB said:

If Gerrard does consider leaving I would hope the job is offered to Beale.  Beale seem to have passion for this club, he knows the players and the tactics, let him take over.  I don’t think I could cope with someone else coming in and starting all over again,  and I doubt the club could afford it TBH.

I think Beale is part of the problem and is turning us into a moneyball team whose possession and pass rate is superb for individuals but outwith the stats the balls getting played safe and side to side or back with no penetration as they’re scared to make a mistake outwith this system. 

2 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I think Beale is part of the problem and is turning us into a moneyball team whose possession and pass rate is superb for individuals but outwith the stats the balls getting played safe and side to side or back with no penetration as they’re scared to make a mistake outwith this system. 

Maybe he thinks we are a version of baseballs Oakland Athletic.

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The only person to consider firing Gerrard would be a new chairman. King takes great pride in the part he played in the coup of Gerrard and he will not accept blame or responsibility.

In saying that, no way would I consider replacing Gerrard before the end of 20/21 season. 

I don't even think a new chairman would fire Gerrard.  We're likely looking at big compensation and then funds for new manger setup + players.

I don't see Gerrard walking away either. He's here until end of next season imo. 

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The King is gone (well nearly). Long live the king. Whomever the fuck it's going to be.

We may have no option with Gerrard.

I still like Gerrard and want, but he has a failing like many other managers. Stubbornness!

Now look at the lemon. A fucking donkey by comparison and he's made some fucking howlers in selections and tactics, but he doesn't half motivate that team and get them trophies. Even that moron learns. Better quality aside, every one of those cunts would die for him. His players show passion and commitment. They cheat, bite, scratch and kick for him, whilst ours look like fucking alter boys by comparison and I don't miss the irony in that.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

The King is gone (well nearly). Long live the king. Whomever the fuck it's going to be.

We may have no option with Gerrard.

I still like Gerrard and want, but he has a failing like many other managers. Stubbornness!

Now look at the lemon. A fucking donkey by comparison and he's made some fucking howlers in selections and tactics, but he doesn't half motivate that team and get them trophies. Even that moron learns. Better quality aside, every one of those cunts would die for him. His players show passion and commitment. They cheat, bite, scratch and kick for him, whilst ours look like fucking alter boys by comparison and I don't miss the irony in that.

Lennon got ousted at Bolton & Hibs because he is a cunt. He capitulates when the going gets tough. Frankly, we ( and the refs) have made life easy for him. You are giving him too much credit BA.

4 hours ago, 2nd Flute said:

We all watched Rangers walk off the pitch at celtic park after a great win, in fact, it was the end of a really hard run of matches, game in hand and we are top, mid February, the tarriers have the league won, there's something not right, maybe there is something we don't know, frustrating as fuck 

I am starting to wonder if all is well within the squad, as you say this capitulation (yes I know it happened last season as well) is incredible after giving themselves such a good platform to come back after the break and go forward in a positive way. As you say something is not right. 

I would love Stevie to be successful but I wonder if he will walk at the end of the season ? We certainly cannot afford to sack him and his staff.

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I am starting to wonder if all is well within the squad, as you say this capitulation (yes I know it happened last season as well) is incredible after giving themselves such a good platform to come back after the break and go forward in a positive way. As you say something is not right. 

I would love Stevie to be successful but I wonder if he will walk at the end of the season ? We certainly cannot afford to sack him and his staff.

There's something not  right , that team should have came back bursting with enthusiasm, feeling top of the world, well, it's went tits up, there's something up in that dressing room imo 

9 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

There's something not  right , that team should have came back bursting with enthusiasm, feeling top of the world, well, it's went tits up, there's something up in that dressing room imo 

I have been thinking that for a few weeks but thought I must be wrong because no one else has said it that I have seen before you, so thought I would add my thoughts as well. :thumbup:

It just seems so strange how we have been so shite after being in such a good place at the end of December. 

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I have been thinking that for a few weeks but thought I must be wrong because no one else has said it that I have seen before you, so thought I would add my thoughts as well. :thumbup:

It just seems so strange how we have been so shite after being in such a good place at the end of December. 

Compare the team that celebrated with the 800 Bears on the 29th of December,  to that team last night, you don't just go from dominating celtic at Parkhead, to losing to Kilmarnock from a goal up,there's something wrong in there. 

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Fear the worst!

We have reached the tipping point and came out on the downside. The King leaves in a month or so. The well is dry. 

Unless there is a new regime and major investment this summer, Gerrard walks along with his staff and it will cost us. He will not remain here for utter humiliation at the hands of our media when the scum make more history and take ten.

Without major investment, we are not turnng the scum over. Not a chance in hell. That much is clear. The wheat has now been sorted from the chaff and we aint wheat.

It would not surprise me if we do not at least win the SC that Stevie might well walk in the summer.

What I do  not understand B A is why if he and his backroom team walk would that cost us ? Do you mean Stevie would take nothing but his background team would just remain in position until they were paid off ??

2 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

Compare the team that celebrated with the 800 Bears on the 29th of December,  to that team last night, you don't just go from dominating celtic at Parkhead, to losing to Kilmarnock from a goal up,there's something wrong in there. 

It is incredible, you would have said on the 29th the players, Stevie and his backroom team and fans were in a great place.

As you say run that forward and something does not add up. We might well be wrong but the players have come back from a week in Dubai as if they had never played together before. 

7 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

It's a decent point but still doesn't excuse the fact that it should be a lot better than what it is. 

It is a decent point but the scums point total must be significantly higher as well. They gained financial clout in our absence and that ( and corruption) is the major difference in the gulf.

7 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

What pisses me off is the fact that he doesn’t see we are struggling during games and eventually puts subs on with just a few minutes to go. Just can’t figure it out what he sees differently to us during games.   

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

It is incredible, you would have said on the 29th the players, Stevie and his backroom team and fans were in a great place.

As you say run that forward and something does not add up. We might well be wrong but the players have come back from a week in Dubai as if they had never played together before. 

Something's happened, teams don't throw away the league in under 2 months, its not on

3 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

What pisses me off is the fact that he doesn’t see we are struggling during games and eventually puts subs on with just a few minutes to go. Just can’t figure it out what he sees differently to us during games.   

The hes new to management has worn off for me, get your arse in gear, and try and sort things, standing looking lost is fucking not on, mon ffs.

Archived