Is the manager's job on the line

KingKirk

Just now, 2nd Flute said:

The hes new to management has worn off for me, get your arse in gear, and try and sort things, standing looking lost is fucking not on, mon ffs.

Agreed mate. Maybe it would do him some good to watch the game from somewhere in the stands or wherever for a half. It’s frustrating as fuck watching us start these games so slowly. 

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Glory awaits said:

I’m impressed with gerrard, he’s not done everything right but he’s done more right than wrong... you don’t become a bad coach in 4 weeks I have no doubt he will keep improving the team

Where’s the improvement from last year ?

9 minutes ago, Bjorklund said:

Is 2 CL finals in a row, winning one then, deemed a failure?

I did say after that post that I never gave champions league a second thought. Was on more about the league. 

I wonder what the dynamics of our management team is like, eg. are all the tactics directed by Beale, what influence does McAllister have....the buck of responsibility obv stops with Gerrard but i'd be interested to see what the others are contributing. For example, surely McAllister must turn to Gerrard at 60 or 70 mins and suggest a sub?  What was the reason behind Mark Allen's sudden departure? It does seem that Gerrard has a stubbornness which means when he doesn't fancy a player there's no way back...Will also be interesting to see what changes will be made, if any, for the rest of the season to formation/tactics - surely he can't keep Tav on as captain next season.

11 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Where’s the improvement from last year ?

Last 32 from a tough europa group, 1st win at parkhead in years, forgetting the last few weeks a good 1st half of the campaign... I assume we have more points now than we did this time last year

11 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I still stand by my belief  that Keeper, Defence and say Jack/ Brown we are as good as them.

from midfield to forward they’re miles stronger. Christie and Rogic not starting for them just now and both would walk into our starting line up.

Goals win games and winning games win leagues.

No chance Rogic would walk into our team. 

2 minutes ago, bluebell82 said:

I wonder what the dynamics of our management team is like, eg. are all the tactics directed by Beale, what influence does McAllister have....the buck of responsibility obv stops with Gerrard but i'd be interested to see what the others are contributing. For example, surely McAllister must turn to Gerrard at 60 or 70 mins and suggest a sub?  What was the reason behind Mark Allen's sudden departure? It does seem that Gerrard has a stubbornness which means when he doesn't fancy a player there's no way back...Will also be interesting to see what changes will be made, if any, for the rest of the season to formation/tactics - surely he can't keep Tav on as captain next season.

I was going to start a thread about him. 

It used to be the case that a successful manager had a number 2 that was the brains of the operation. I'm looking at the Souness/Smith partnership. Walter was obviously a force on his own.....a unique man and obviously the driving force behind Souness! He was feared and respected and a master tactician.

McCallister is very likeable, but he doesn't strike me as the type that players will fear, and what are his managerial credentials? As you say, Gerrard is the figurehead and gets the big bucks, but for me, I think he would do well to  get a better assistant. 

5 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

I was going to start a thread about him. 

It used to be the case that a successful manager had a number 2 that was the brains of the operation. I'm looking at the Souness/Smith partnership. Walter was obviously a force on his own.....a unique man and obviously the driving force behind Souness! He was feared and respected and a master tactician.

McCallister is very likeable, but he doesn't strike me as the type that players will fear, and what are his managerial credentials? As you say, Gerrard is the figurehead and gets the big bucks, but for me, I think he would do well to  get a better assistant. 

Long gone are the days where players respond to fear.

As an aside and not necessarily directed at you, I'm sick to fuck of reading cunts harking back to Souness and SWS.

The excellent jobs they both did would have been a lot tougher if the scum were spending 3 times as much on wages and similarly on transfer fees.

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

I think we also need to see where the tarriers were at that point and what their stats were.

Rangers

2008-09 54 pts, 3 defeats
2009-10 58 pts, 1 defeat
2010-11 59 pts, 4 defeats
2019-20 60 pts, 3 defeats

Them

2008-09 56 pts, 3 defeats
2009-10 48 pts, 5 defeats
2010-11 61 pts, 2 defeats
2019-20 67 pts, 2 defeats

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

It would not surprise me if we do not at least win the SC that Stevie might well walk in the summer.

What I do  not understand B A is why if he and his backroom team walk would that cost us ? Do you mean Stevie would take nothing but his background team would just remain in position until they were paid off ??

Yip orTake a package, maybe half what they'd be owed.

On the other hand, if Gerrard gets tapped up by a half decent Premier team and there would be every possibility of that, then they all walk away without the need for compo.

Failing that the only chance to prosper and be successful if a new regime comes in with major investment. Gerrard or not, but I would say that is the best chance of keeping him..

7 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Yip orTake a package, maybe half what they'd be owed.

On the other hand, if Gerrard gets tapped up by a half decent Premier team and there would be every possibility of that, then they all walk away without the need for compo.

Failing that the only chance to prosper and be successful if a new regime comes in with major investment. Gerrard or not, but I would say that is the best chance of keeping him..

:thumbup:

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

To add, failing all that, I start believing in miracles and we take this title. I have to admit I feel we are due one after all the shite we've taken and Gerrard stays hands down!

It will take a miracle that is for sure !!

I thought the Hearts fuck up would spur us into action but the draw with the :aberdeen: and then last night has surely ( barring said miracle) handed the title to the tarriers. ☹️

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

It will take a miracle that is for sure !!

I thought the Hearts fuck up would spur us into action but the draw with the :aberdeen: and then last night has surely ( barring said miracle) handed the title to the tarriers. ☹️

Sadly I think those jerseys are just too big for some. We went to Dubai and a different team came back. I'm struggling to take it all in tbh.

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Sadly I think those jerseys are just too big for some. We went to Dubai and a different team came back. I'm struggling to take it all in tbh.

I think there has something happened behind the scenes, no idea what but this collapse is incredible.

I knew we had not won the title on the 29th, far from it,  but I certainly thought we would at least run them close, how bloody stupid was I.   :facepalm:

1 hour ago, OceanRain said:

Rangers

2008-09 54 pts, 3 defeats
2009-10 58 pts, 1 defeat
2010-11 59 pts, 4 defeats
2019-20 60 pts, 3 defeats

Them

2008-09 56 pts, 3 defeats
2009-10 48 pts, 5 defeats
2010-11 61 pts, 2 defeats
2019-20 67 pts, 2 defeats

I know we're not allowed to say it but the tarriers have been very impressive up to this point in the league. If they end up winning the league  with just 2 defeats and a draw then fair enough. 

3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I know we're not allowed to say it but the tarriers have been very impressive up to this point in the league. If they end up winning the league  with just 2 defeats and a draw then fair enough. 

Nothing wrong with acknowledging the truth and it is the standard that we have to match and surpass.    As we have discussed time and time again our fortunes are due to lack of mental toughness associated with winners.    

To some extent it might be easier now they have a big lead.   Burden of expectation diminishes.   Time to get back to winning on Saturday then repeating the experience one game at a time without even looking at their results.

9 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Still ahead of us middle to front especially the depth of what they have on the bench , they can create and score from all over the park , it’s the unfortunate truth , we’ve more than proved on our day we can match them but overall we’re still behind especially in an attacking sense 

2 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Long gone are the days where players respond to fear.

As an aside and not necessarily directed at you, I'm sick to fuck of reading cunts harking back to Souness and SWS.

The excellent jobs they both did would have been a lot tougher if the scum were spending 3 times as much on wages and similarly on transfer fees.

You're right but a gaffer still has to have a nasty side, or even a straight down the line honest side. Missing absolutely no cunt who doesn't perform.

The days of hairdryer treatment and all that shite are gone but there has to be a culture where you want to be on the right side of the manager and you're upset and annoyed when you're not. So much so that you'll burst your arse to get back in his favour.

Questioning whether SG has a culture like that going on mate.

1 hour ago, Cedrick said:

Still ahead of us middle to front especially the depth of what they have on the bench , they can create and score from all over the park , it’s the unfortunate truth , we’ve more than proved on our day we can match them but overall we’re still behind especially in an attacking sense 

Completely agree.

Up until the split they have Livi, us and Hibs away in a row. The only 3 teams they've dropped points too this season. So they'll either have learned their own lessons from this season and pick up at least 6 points from those games, assuming they keep their run up through these games, and continue on until mathematically impossible for us to catch up OR they're about to start dropping points. We'll soon see. 

Archived