Sign in to follow this  
KingKirk

Is the manager's job on the line

4 hours ago, 2nd Flute said:

We all watched Rangers walk off the pitch at celtic park after a great win, in fact, it was the end of a really hard run of matches, game in hand and we are top, mid February, the tarriers have the league won, there's something not right, maybe there is something we don't know, frustrating as fuck 

I am starting to wonder if all is well within the squad, as you say this capitulation (yes I know it happened last season as well) is incredible after giving themselves such a good platform to come back after the break and go forward in a positive way. As you say something is not right. 

I would love Stevie to be successful but I wonder if he will walk at the end of the season ? We certainly cannot afford to sack him and his staff.

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I am starting to wonder if all is well within the squad, as you say this capitulation (yes I know it happened last season as well) is incredible after giving themselves such a good platform to come back after the break and go forward in a positive way. As you say something is not right. 

I would love Stevie to be successful but I wonder if he will walk at the end of the season ? We certainly cannot afford to sack him and his staff.

There's something not  right , that team should have came back bursting with enthusiasm, feeling top of the world, well, it's went tits up, there's something up in that dressing room imo 

9 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

There's something not  right , that team should have came back bursting with enthusiasm, feeling top of the world, well, it's went tits up, there's something up in that dressing room imo 

I have been thinking that for a few weeks but thought I must be wrong because no one else has said it that I have seen before you, so thought I would add my thoughts as well. :thumbup:

It just seems so strange how we have been so shite after being in such a good place at the end of December. 

2nd Flute likes this

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I have been thinking that for a few weeks but thought I must be wrong because no one else has said it that I have seen before you, so thought I would add my thoughts as well. :thumbup:

It just seems so strange how we have been so shite after being in such a good place at the end of December. 

Compare the team that celebrated with the 800 Bears on the 29th of December,  to that team last night, you don't just go from dominating celtic at Parkhead, to losing to Kilmarnock from a goal up,there's something wrong in there. 

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Fear the worst!

We have reached the tipping point and came out on the downside. The King leaves in a month or so. The well is dry. 

Unless there is a new regime and major investment this summer, Gerrard walks along with his staff and it will cost us. He will not remain here for utter humiliation at the hands of our media when the scum make more history and take ten.

Without major investment, we are not turnng the scum over. Not a chance in hell. That much is clear. The wheat has now been sorted from the chaff and we aint wheat.

It would not surprise me if we do not at least win the SC that Stevie might well walk in the summer.

What I do  not understand B A is why if he and his backroom team walk would that cost us ? Do you mean Stevie would take nothing but his background team would just remain in position until they were paid off ??

2 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

Compare the team that celebrated with the 800 Bears on the 29th of December,  to that team last night, you don't just go from dominating celtic at Parkhead, to losing to Kilmarnock from a goal up,there's something wrong in there. 

It is incredible, you would have said on the 29th the players, Stevie and his backroom team and fans were in a great place.

As you say run that forward and something does not add up. We might well be wrong but the players have come back from a week in Dubai as if they had never played together before. 

2nd Flute likes this

7 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

It's a decent point but still doesn't excuse the fact that it should be a lot better than what it is. 

It is a decent point but the scums point total must be significantly higher as well. They gained financial clout in our absence and that ( and corruption) is the major difference in the gulf.

7 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

What pisses me off is the fact that he doesn’t see we are struggling during games and eventually puts subs on with just a few minutes to go. Just can’t figure it out what he sees differently to us during games.   

Bears r us and 2nd Flute like this

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

It is incredible, you would have said on the 29th the players, Stevie and his backroom team and fans were in a great place.

As you say run that forward and something does not add up. We might well be wrong but the players have come back from a week in Dubai as if they had never played together before. 

Something's happened, teams don't throw away the league in under 2 months, its not on

Bears r us and Blue Avenger like this

13 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

It's a decent point but still doesn't excuse the fact that it should be a lot better than what it is. 

I think we also need to see where the tarriers were at that point and what their stats were.

6 hours ago, Jb85 said:

I never realised Klopp has been at Liverpool for 4 1/2 years and that’s his formation just starting to work this season. 

Is 2 CL finals in a row, winning one then, deemed a failure?

3 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

What pisses me off is the fact that he doesn’t see we are struggling during games and eventually puts subs on with just a few minutes to go. Just can’t figure it out what he sees differently to us during games.   

The hes new to management has worn off for me, get your arse in gear, and try and sort things, standing looking lost is fucking not on, mon ffs.

I’m impressed with gerrard, he’s not done everything right but he’s done more right than wrong... you don’t become a bad coach in 4 weeks I have no doubt he will keep improving the team

Just now, 2nd Flute said:

The hes new to management has worn off for me, get your arse in gear, and try and sort things, standing looking lost is fucking not on, mon ffs.

Agreed mate. Maybe it would do him some good to watch the game from somewhere in the stands or wherever for a half. It’s frustrating as fuck watching us start these games so slowly. 

2nd Flute likes this

4 minutes ago, Glory awaits said:

I’m impressed with gerrard, he’s not done everything right but he’s done more right than wrong... you don’t become a bad coach in 4 weeks I have no doubt he will keep improving the team

Where’s the improvement from last year ?

9 minutes ago, Bjorklund said:

Is 2 CL finals in a row, winning one then, deemed a failure?

I did say after that post that I never gave champions league a second thought. Was on more about the league. 

I wonder what the dynamics of our management team is like, eg. are all the tactics directed by Beale, what influence does McAllister have....the buck of responsibility obv stops with Gerrard but i'd be interested to see what the others are contributing. For example, surely McAllister must turn to Gerrard at 60 or 70 mins and suggest a sub?  What was the reason behind Mark Allen's sudden departure? It does seem that Gerrard has a stubbornness which means when he doesn't fancy a player there's no way back...Will also be interesting to see what changes will be made, if any, for the rest of the season to formation/tactics - surely he can't keep Tav on as captain next season.

11 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Where’s the improvement from last year ?

Last 32 from a tough europa group, 1st win at parkhead in years, forgetting the last few weeks a good 1st half of the campaign... I assume we have more points now than we did this time last year

11 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I still stand by my belief  that Keeper, Defence and say Jack/ Brown we are as good as them.

from midfield to forward they’re miles stronger. Christie and Rogic not starting for them just now and both would walk into our starting line up.

Goals win games and winning games win leagues.

No chance Rogic would walk into our team. 

2 minutes ago, bluebell82 said:

I wonder what the dynamics of our management team is like, eg. are all the tactics directed by Beale, what influence does McAllister have....the buck of responsibility obv stops with Gerrard but i'd be interested to see what the others are contributing. For example, surely McAllister must turn to Gerrard at 60 or 70 mins and suggest a sub?  What was the reason behind Mark Allen's sudden departure? It does seem that Gerrard has a stubbornness which means when he doesn't fancy a player there's no way back...Will also be interesting to see what changes will be made, if any, for the rest of the season to formation/tactics - surely he can't keep Tav on as captain next season.

I was going to start a thread about him. 

It used to be the case that a successful manager had a number 2 that was the brains of the operation. I'm looking at the Souness/Smith partnership. Walter was obviously a force on his own.....a unique man and obviously the driving force behind Souness! He was feared and respected and a master tactician.

McCallister is very likeable, but he doesn't strike me as the type that players will fear, and what are his managerial credentials? As you say, Gerrard is the figurehead and gets the big bucks, but for me, I think he would do well to  get a better assistant.