Is the manager's job on the line

KingKirk

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've held fire on this one for a few days and really thought it over and I've come to the conclusion that his job won't be on the line but I personally believe it should be if we finish the season 10 or more points behind them. 

He's had 4 transfer windows and 20 million in transfer fees and God know what in player wages to undo the mess he inherited and admittedly if he were to leave he would do so with us in far better condition than he found us but I'm convinced he's had enough resources to at least mean we don't finish more than a few points behind them, if not win the league. 

For the most part, I think Gerrard has done a good job. We have outplayed the scum in the last two games and competed really well against Dutch, Portugese, Polish, Swiss and Danish sides.

Where he has failed is unlocking ten men defences and hammer throwers. Until he figures that one out, we will always be second. It shouldn't be this hard to figure out. In a lesser scale, some of the signings have been so-so. We all raved at the Kent signing at the time and the Hagi signing looks good but Hastie, Jones & Barker were always going to be iffy.

And without belabouring the point, we have been the victim of poor decisions resulting in a robbed trophy and 5 points which means this thread probably doesn't get made.

No way Gerrard's job should be on the line in my opinion.

43 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

I've held fire on this one for a few days and really thought it over and I've come to the conclusion that his job won't be on the line but I personally believe it should be if we finish the season 10 or more points behind them. 

He's had 4 transfer windows and 20 million in transfer fees and God know what in player wages to undo the mess he inherited and admittedly if he were to leave he would do so with us in far better condition than he found us but I'm convinced he's had enough resources to at least mean we don't finish more than a few points behind them, if not win the league. 

This for me also. 

On 16/02/2020 at 16:04, KBOO72 said:

He's 45 mins away from the majority turning on him imo. Especially if he continues to refuse trying to make any kind of change to our formation or tactics when it's blatantly obvious they haven't worked since the break. 

Pish.

Edit: just noticed the time of your post. Less pish.

On 16/02/2020 at 17:11, Coop said:

When the game was still at 0-0 someone on the radio said that was us on less points than the same period last season and behind on points 3 of the 5 times Aberdeen finished second.   For all the backing he's had that's nowhere near good enough.

Don’t have time to check all of that but they’ve never achieved more than 76 points in that time. We had 61 at HT on Sunday, 63 at FT after 26 games so that’s absolutely bollocks

On 12/02/2020 at 22:48, The Godfather said:

This is the problem. 

Blind loyalty based on very little. 

If our manager was half as good as you think we wouldn't be 10 points behind. 

We have beat them once this season and been beaten twice. We are 10 points behind in the league with no domestic top flight trophie in 9 years. 

We are schooling no one. 

Birthday card pish and chest beating isn't going to suddenly change that 

F*cking LOL.

39 minutes ago, BigChief said:

He was given a fair budget and time.

His blindspots over selection and mid winter break twice are now tragic.

Keep him to the end of the season and start looking for a replacement.

Ok Big Chief 😂😂😂

Post aged well 😂

3 minutes ago, tm91 said:

We were definitely getting to the point where it had to be considered but today could be a game-changer and just what we needed.

We have to go again on Sunday and blow St Johnstone away. The momentum could carry us far.

There was no chance the board were letting him go. Not after signing a new deal recently. 

Tonight will hopefully be the momentum boost we need.

Stick with the side and approach we finished with tonight and look to blow st johnstone out the water

2 minutes ago, tm91 said:

He was in danger of the fans losing faith in him. Which is why he deserves all the credit in the world for deciding to just go for it tonight and change things as radically as he could. Tonight was just what we needed.

I couldn't agree more mate. 

Many myself included has been critical of Gerrard and subs. But he got it spot on tonight.

He needs to show that bravery to change things more often. I'm hopeful come weekend we'll see the same set up we finished with 

7 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I couldn't agree more mate. 

Many myself included has been critical of Gerrard and subs. But he got it spot on tonight.

He needs to show that bravery to change things more often. I'm hopeful come weekend we'll see the same set up we finished with 

Team should start hitting peak fitness now after a few weeks lul from the hard sessions in Dubai.

Similar to last season, push they Fenian bastards all the way now. Here's hoping anyway!

Just now, BigChief said:

Team should start hitting peak fitness now after a few weeks lul from the hard sessions in Dubai.

Similar to last season, push they Fenian bastards all the way now. Here's hoping anyway!

We can only look to finish as strongly as possible now.  Take each game as it comes.

Starting with sunday and a return to top form in the league. 

Archived