Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
KingKirk

Is the manager's job on the line

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

The game the other night was set up nicely for Jones(ain't really a fan of his)with his pace to get behind Killie when they were pushing up the park in the last half an hour or so 

Jones for Hagi and Davis for Aribo are the two changes I would have made.

Davis helps get control of the midfield back and like you say Jones gives you more pace, more directness and more of an outball on the break.

gazza27 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's 45 mins away from the majority turning on him imo. Especially if he continues to refuse trying to make any kind of change to our formation or tactics when it's blatantly obvious they haven't worked since the break. 

GaryMc likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Praise? Goal scored after a change. Praise, no?

Yes good but why did he start that team after killie 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the game was still at 0-0 someone on the radio said that was us on less points than the same period last season and behind on points 3 of the 5 times Aberdeen finished second.   For all the backing he's had that's nowhere near good enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Coop said:

When the game was still at 0-0 someone on the radio said that was us on less points than the same period last season and behind on points 3 of the 5 times Aberdeen finished second.   For all the backing he's had that's nowhere near good enough.

That surely can't be right can it? For as poor as we've been recently we've only dropped points in six games and could still theoretically get 99 points. I don't recall Aberdeen ever being that consistent even up to this point in the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coop said:

When the game was still at 0-0 someone on the radio said that was us on less points than the same period last season and behind on points 3 of the 5 times Aberdeen finished second.   For all the backing he's had that's nowhere near good enough.

Stop listening to liars on the radio.

Amato and Vision like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Dunno but he got plenty criticism on here so does he not get any for changing it and a win?

Thats why some will be happy to accept mediocrity.

Well done gaffer with your tactical savvy  we hammered the mighty Livingston at Ibrox 1- 0 , outstanding. Aberdeen & Hearts will be shitting themselves.  

Ivybank likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bertent said:

Thats why some will be happy to accept mediocrity.

Well done gaffer with your tactical savvy  we hammered the mighty Livingston at Ibrox 1- 0 , outstanding. Aberdeen & Hearts will be shitting themselves.  

Expertly deliberately misinterpreting my point entirely, well done.

I'm saying a bit of objectivity goes a long way, be it for Gerrard, a player, the team. If you criticise someone for something then they do it differently, like you'd wanted, then a decent person would praise whereas a cunt would fail to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Expertly deliberately misinterpreting my point entirely, well done.

I'm saying a bit of objectivity goes a long way, be it for Gerrard, a player, the team. If you criticise someone for something then they do it differently, like you'd wanted, then a decent person would praise whereas a cunt would fail 

Ha ha oh dear......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You know when someone defaults to a laughing emoji theyve fucked it and have nothing credible to come back with.

🤣 oh dear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've held fire on this one for a few days and really thought it over and I've come to the conclusion that his job won't be on the line but I personally believe it should be if we finish the season 10 or more points behind them. 

He's had 4 transfer windows and 20 million in transfer fees and God know what in player wages to undo the mess he inherited and admittedly if he were to leave he would do so with us in far better condition than he found us but I'm convinced he's had enough resources to at least mean we don't finish more than a few points behind them, if not win the league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the most part, I think Gerrard has done a good job. We have outplayed the scum in the last two games and competed really well against Dutch, Portugese, Polish, Swiss and Danish sides.

Where he has failed is unlocking ten men defences and hammer throwers. Until he figures that one out, we will always be second. It shouldn't be this hard to figure out. In a lesser scale, some of the signings have been so-so. We all raved at the Kent signing at the time and the Hagi signing looks good but Hastie, Jones & Barker were always going to be iffy.

And without belabouring the point, we have been the victim of poor decisions resulting in a robbed trophy and 5 points which means this thread probably doesn't get made.

No way Gerrard's job should be on the line in my opinion.

magic8ball likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

I've held fire on this one for a few days and really thought it over and I've come to the conclusion that his job won't be on the line but I personally believe it should be if we finish the season 10 or more points behind them. 

He's had 4 transfer windows and 20 million in transfer fees and God know what in player wages to undo the mess he inherited and admittedly if he were to leave he would do so with us in far better condition than he found us but I'm convinced he's had enough resources to at least mean we don't finish more than a few points behind them, if not win the league. 

This for me also. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/02/2020 at 16:04, KBOO72 said:

He's 45 mins away from the majority turning on him imo. Especially if he continues to refuse trying to make any kind of change to our formation or tactics when it's blatantly obvious they haven't worked since the break. 

Pish.

Edit: just noticed the time of your post. Less pish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want Gerrard to continue. 

He WILL get it right. He is the man to lead us. I still believe in him. He has to have next season. 

Just need a leader(s) in the boardroom as well because the club is leaderless in there!!! 

 

sausagetrunks likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...