Is the manager's job on the line

KingKirk

No. I didn’t like the appointment and can say that I was completely wrong. He’s turned us back into a proper football team. Our players are being linked with big money moves, we’re playing attractive football and doing well in Europe. He needs to work out what’s gone wrong post-winter break the last two years and put it right but we’re miles ahead of where we were when he took over. 

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Why do you sign players up to a longer deal and then sell them in the next window?

To get more money for them.

When have we ever done that with a manager?  I can’t recall a single instance.  

6 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

No. I didn’t like the appointment and can say that I was completely wrong. He’s turned us back into a proper football team. Our players are being linked with big money moves, we’re playing attractive football and doing well in Europe. He needs to work out what’s gone wrong post-winter break the last two years and put it right but we’re miles ahead of where we were when he took over. 

I was against it at first.  We didn’t know what we were getting and that represented to much of a gamble.  I thought we should’ve brought in a more experienced manager to steady the ship.  However, Gerrard has steadied the ship, we have made consistent process with him in charge, and I doubt we could find a better manager.  

3 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

like McCoist I’m always separating the player from the manager but I’m not giving up just yet and that’s down to the good, when it is good

Yip.

Dropping points points is hard to take, particularly against the sheep at home. Much wailing and gnashing of teeth. We are all hurting and terrified of a repeat of last season.

You're right, when we turn up, we're good. Unstoppable. 

On reflection, I seriously doubt we get anyone better than Stevie. Maybe yesterday was his wake up call, because he didn't deal with it very well publicly, when he usually does.

I haven't clue how we can be so good, then play so poorly with so many well off it. We all witness player limitations, each having their strengths and weaknesses and no player goes out to play shit tbh and of course they all want to win. Just maybe he has the answer. Hopefully we're all wetting our pants unnecessarily and tbh  calling out his job is rather premature. Four poor games now, so time for a response and turn it around. 

Cunts do play us as if their life is on the line, but we do need to be smart enough to overcome that. We saw the sheep celebrating their draw, which was all about fucking us up for the title, which meant more to them.  Their is no honour in this backwater, but we should have come to expect that by now.

How we respond will be all telling and I have a sneaky suspicion this will be all turned around. Just give us a result fron the Hivs and take it from there.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Yip.

Dropping points points is hard to take, particularly against the sheep at home. Much wailing and gnashing of teeth. We are all hurting and terrified of a repeat of last season.

On reflection, I seriously doubt we get anyone better than Stevie. Maybe yesterday was his wake up call, because he didn't deal with it very well publicly, when he usually does.

I haven't clue how we can be so good, then play so poorly with so many well off it. We all witness player limitations, each having their strengths and weaknesses and no player goes out to play shit tbh and of course they all want to win. Just maybe he has the answer. Hopefully we're all wetting our pants unnecessarily and tbh  calling out his job is rather premature. Four poor games now, so time for a response and turn it around. 

Cunts do play us as if their life is on the line, but we do need to be smart enough to overcome that. We saw the sheep celebrating their draw, which was all about fucking us up for the title, which meant more to them.  Their is no honour in this backwater, but we should have come to expect that by now.

How we respond will be all telling and I have a sneaky suspicion this will be all turned around. Just give us a result fron the Hivs and take it from there.

And there it is :lol:

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Yip.

I don’t think going to Dubai helped us  at all ,

We seem to have more injuries and  be struggling to be fair

3 minutes ago, Sket said:

And there it is :lol:

Calm doon ffs.

We are where we are both on and off the park and he IS the last throw of the dice. That's the reality.

He has been given more backing than anyone else. For me this season is our last chance to stop ten and we just have to believe we can do it. It starts with Hivs. We fail, it's over, but no matter who we bring in after, little will change on the park to counter the scum without massive investment, because they can simply outspend us. They get ten in their sights there is no stopping them and your looking at new and very wealthy new owners. That's the reality I'm afraid, as hard as that is to take.

Maybe this board has run it's course and time for new, but whomever is next, will need plenty of cash. Maybe these moves are already afoot, who knows? 

Meantime all the wailing and gnashing of teeth will change nothing and where we are financially compared to them, a new manager will change nothing only give more false hope and disappointment. Calling for his head is only papering over the cracks in what the real problem is and it runs deeper than Gerrard and this squad, eight years deeper.

Lets face it: We'll probably overachieve in the Europa League ties, we'll close the gap on them and finish within 1-3 points of them and we'll probably make the Scottish Cup Final if not win it outright.

Whether the board think that's good enough or not is up to them.

As far as I'm concerned he's had 4 transfer windows to get it right and he hasn't.

Take from that what you will.

32 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Calm doon ffs.

We are where we are both on and off the park and he IS the last throw of the dice. That's the reality.

He has been given more backing than anyone else. For me this season is our last chance to stop ten and we just have to believe we can do it. It starts with Hivs. We fail, it's over, but no matter who we bring in after, little will change on the park to counter the scum without massive investment, because they can simply outspend us. They get ten in their sights there is no stopping them and your looking at new and very wealthy new owners. That's the reality I'm afraid, as hard as that is to take.

Maybe this board has run it's course and time for new, but whomever is next, will need plenty of cash. Maybe these moves are already afoot, who knows? 

Meantime all the wailing and gnashing of teeth will change nothing and where we are financially compared to them, a new manager will change nothing only give more false hope and disappointment. Calling for his head is only papering over the cracks in what the real problem is and it runs deeper than Gerrard and this squad, eight years deeper.

A capable manager would deliver silverware in the 3 seasons of backing Gerrard will have.

This team are winning baws all.

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Yip.

Unless there is a drastic change in the players attitude and willingness to fight like fuck for the win we will not beat the spoon burners. I hope to god I am wrong but I can see us dropping more points on Wednesday. 

56 minutes ago, Sket said:

A capable manager would deliver silverware in the 3 seasons of backing Gerrard will have.

This team are winning baws all.

Mate, in the space of a couple of months, we've went from a hard run of away games, in which we done well, the last one beating the reptiles at parkhead, that winter break, and I don't give a fuck if its Dubai or Saltcoats, whatever we are doing isn't working.

6 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

Mate, in the space of a couple of months, we've went from a hard run of away games, in which we done well, the last one beating the reptiles at parkhead, that winter break, and I don't give a fuck if its Dubai or Saltcoats, whatever we are doing isn't working.

Yep....and the worst part is we have seen it all before.

Grim.

2-1 defeat and a 0-0 draw and its meltdown in here 

It’s football, a game if we won every single game we play it would be boring as fuck.

the league is there to be won,  we’ve had 1 chance of a trophy this season and we got to the final and by right should have won it if not for referees decisions.

Plenty twists and turns to come,  the tarriers will drop points we are a far better team football wise and teams are doing us over.

reality check, we haven’t got a Billion pounds squad of players like Man City or Liverpool we don’t have the god given right to turn up and win games like we had in the past.

if ppl can’t see we have made progress with Gerrard they are kidding themselves on.

4 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

2-1 defeat and a 0-0 draw and its meltdown in here 

It’s football, a game if we won every single game we play it would be boring as fuck.

the league is there to be won,  we’ve had 1 chance of a trophy this season and we got to the final and by right should have won it if not for referees decisions.

Plenty twists and turns to come,  the tarriers will drop points we are a far better team football wise and teams are doing us over.

reality check, we haven’t got a Billion pounds squad of players like Man City or Liverpool we don’t have the god given right to turn up and win games like we had in the past.

if ppl can’t see we have made progress with Gerrard they are kidding themselves on.

Correct overall but surely you can concede that on the evidence of the last few weeks that progress isn't as vast as what is required to win at this football club.

13 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

There's been enough progress to warrant sticking with the guy, he's done some great things. He needs to sort out what's gone wrong since the break though, he should have learned from last season but unfortunately it seems like he hasn't.

There's a great manager in there. I know there is.

Behave yourself. Far to sensible a comment for Rangers media.

Just now, chris182 said:

Correct overall but surely you can concede that on the evidence of the last few weeks that progress isn't as vast as what is required to win at this football club.

I’ll wait until the end of the season mate we are still in 3 of the 4 competitions that we can win and have a god chance in all of them imo

Archived