Is the manager's job on the line

KingKirk

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Not quite but almost a carbon copy of last January. Granted our December this season was much better than last.

The hard work in December, ending with a win at parkhead, we were all well pleased, team away for a break, brilliant, back to the fitba, in the space of a week the tarriers are running away with it, something's went horribly wrong 

4 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

The hard work in December, ending with a win at parkhead, we were all well pleased, team away for a break, brilliant, back to the fitba, in the space of a week the tarriers are running away with it, something's went horribly wrong 

Can't argue with that

42 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

2-1 defeat and a 0-0 draw and its meltdown in here 

It’s football, a game if we won every single game we play it would be boring as fuck.

the league is there to be won,  we’ve had 1 chance of a trophy this season and we got to the final and by right should have won it if not for referees decisions.

Plenty twists and turns to come,  the tarriers will drop points we are a far better team football wise and teams are doing us over.

reality check, we haven’t got a Billion pounds squad of players like Man City or Liverpool we don’t have the god given right to turn up and win games like we had in the past.

if ppl can’t see we have made progress with Gerrard they are kidding themselves on.

We have indeed made progress, but it's the manner of dropping points and what is at stake is the point.

It's been four dire performances and the gaffer persisting with Ojo gives you the fear. Add to it the biased refereeing and the scum running riot with a lot of help from officials doesn't help matters, so there is some justification for panic stations. No need for calling for the gaffer's head though.  

A serious sticky patch outwith our control and all down to Gerrard to turn it around. It starts with Hivs. A winnng result is a must. Anything else I think we can forget it, but I still wouldn't call time on Gerrard as I think he will be a great manager, but that doesn't mean he doesn't come under criticism or scrutiny when warranted.

In the meantime I await the taigs taking a dip and our return to winnng ways.

12 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

From 2 points behind with a game in hand to 7 points behind in the space of a week. We've let the pressure off the scumbags again.  

It's like watching a bad film again. As we did the exact same thing last year.  

For some reason this squad can't kick on after a big result. 

Hibs on Wednesday is a must win. We need to change things up. Formation or personnel. More of the last 4 games and we'll struggle again. 

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

We have indeed made progress, but it's the manner of dropping points and what is at stake is the point.

It's been four dire performances and the gaffer persisting with Ojo gives you the fear. Add to it the biased refereeing and the scum running riot with a lot of help from officials doesn't help matters, so there is some justification for panic stations. No need for calling for the gaffer's head though.  

A serious sticky patch can outwith our control and all down to Gerrard to turn it around. It starts with Hivs. A winnng result is a must. Anything else I think we can forget it, but I still wouldn't call time on Gerrard as I think he will be a great manager, but that doesn't mean he doesn't come under criticism or scrutiny when warranted.

In the meantime I await the taigs taking a dip and our return to winnng ways.

👍

Ojo had his best game in a long time against Ross County then back to less than average yesterday, it’s his lack of consistency rather than his lack of talent, I can only assume he must be a stand out in training for Gerrard to persist with him.

no manager ever doesn’t deserve to be scrutinised it’s part of the job, I get that, but let’s wait and see if we can win the competitions we are still in with a chance with before even asking the op’s question.

Just now, HuistraHairDo said:

👍

Ojo had his best game in a long time against Ross County then back to less than average yesterday, it’s his lack of consistency rather than his lack of talent, I can only assume he must be a stand out in training for Gerrard to persist with him.

no manager ever doesn’t deserve to be scrutinised it’s part of the job, I get that, but let’s wait and see if we can win the competitions we are still in with a chance with before even asking the op’s question.

This whole squad lacks consistency , its not just him........

27 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

From 2 points behind with a game in hand to 7 points behind in the space of a week. We've let the pressure off the scumbags again.  

It's like watching a bad film again. As we did the exact same thing last year.  

For some reason this squad can't kick on after a big result. 

Hibs on Wednesday is a must win. We need to change things up. Formation or personnel. More of the last 4 games and we'll struggle again. 

You're off your fucking nut if you think gerrard will do anything other than change starting line up, our style of play will be so predictable and guys like davis will get 90mins to do fuck all

6 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Can be argued mcleish did, and given he spent less than gerrard has then it shows what can be done

The point I made is no manager has taken over with such a gap to make up. MacLeish took over a team with Klos, de Boer, Amo, Numan, ricksen, Mols, ferguson, Caniggia,  Reyna, Flo etc. Yes he had to sell and then not spend much but he inherited a team as good as our rival who had lost its way. He done a magnificent job of that there is no doubt.  SG took over a team miles behind and with a lot less money to spend. He can’t be sacked for not winning the league at this stage, if he wasn’t taking the club forward Or not quick enough then yes 

20 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

👍

How can anyone give a sub abuse yesterday when guys like davis get a free pass to continue playing shite

Ojo started against county and played well, was able to get into the game etc, he's thrown on as a sub when were chasing anything against an aberdeen side determined to keep the point they have and were back to slaughtering him

Worrying that a loan signing here for half a season is getting it tight for a half hour appearance when our 7million pound signing was posted missing all game yesterday

8 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I think they lack grit and that leads to the inconsistency. Too nice.

Yip both and I honestly believe we lack a strong sore faced bastard of a captain. Some of our captains in the past would never put up with these performances by some in the side......

1 minute ago, AlCapone said:

The point I made is no manager has taken over with such a gap to make up. MacLeish took over a team with Klos, de Boer, Amo, Numan, ricksen, Mols, ferguson, Caniggia,  Reyna, Flo etc. Yes he had to sell and then not spend much but he inherited a team as good as our rival who had lost its way. He done a magnificent job of that there is no doubt.  SG took over a team miles behind and with a lot less money to spend. He can’t be sacked for not winning the league at this stage, if he wasn’t taking the club forward Or not quick enough then yes 

Eck might have inherited they players, but the tarrier team he was facing was their strongest team in my lifetime, 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

How can anyone give a sub abuse yesterday when guys like davis get a free pass to continue playing shite

Ojo started against county and played well, was able to get into the game etc, he's thrown on as a sub when were chasing anything against an aberdeen side determined to keep the point they have and were back to slaughtering him

Worrying that a loan signing here for half a season is getting it tight for a half hour appearance when our 7million pound signing was posted missing all game yesterday

Ojo has had two good games this season  that I can think of that’s why he gets stick

Kent has been on another level to him in most games he has played

no one gets pass marks from yesterday 

Katic nearly cost us all three points until McGregor saved his blushes

morelos was poor yesterday aswell 

its no surprise really that we have missed our two most consistent players in Tav for his quality into the box and Jack for his box to box drive in midfield.

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Whilst I don't rate Ojo, I don't think we can blame indivuals for what is going on. Collectively they have been rank for four games. Several have been ok, but nothing outstanding, but you've got six or seven totally off it.

Can't really put the finger on it. No grit, no leaders, too soft, I'd say yes, but is that the reason, I just don't know. We can only see we are just not clicking.

6 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

See this change the system and everything will be alright bollicks. 
Players playing badly will still play badly no matter the system or formation. 
The system or formation got us to where we were before the break when the players were on fire. 

Can agree in principle, but high baws to Morelos and Defoe just aint it.

Why so many playing badly is the question needing answered.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

Can agree in principle, but high baws to Morelos and Defoe just aint it.

Why so many playing badly is the question needing answered.

High balls come from desperation. 

The million dollar question mate, that’s 2 seasons on the trot we have had this collapse, somebody needs to be asking the coaching staff what the fuck is going on. 

2 minutes ago, sRcFoCt said:

16th Feb 2019

Screenshot_20200202-165149_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fa2a03aa475c38b5bdafbbb0d1f3cf51.jpg

Feb 2nd 2020

Screenshot_20200202-165358_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0453669f0148399b23c14ae9d0676d0a.jpg

Yes we have improved but so have the taigs it's that winter break stalls us.

Need a good result on Wednesday need to get back to winning ways to improve confidence.

Would to see a table for just the 2nd half of the season for last year. 

7 minutes ago, sRcFoCt said:

16th Feb 2019

Screenshot_20200202-165149_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fa2a03aa475c38b5bdafbbb0d1f3cf51.jpg

Feb 2nd 2020

Screenshot_20200202-165358_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0453669f0148399b23c14ae9d0676d0a.jpg

Yes we have improved but so have the taigs it's that winter break stalls us.

Need a good result on Wednesday need to get back to winning ways to improve confidence.

By the end of that season we finished on 

23 wins 9 draws 6 defeats so 2 draws and 2 defeats from that point 

Scum

27 wins 6 draws 5 defeats so 3 draws 1 defeat from that point and the lose was to us after the league was over.

Again the damage was done in the January and we never recovered and their form didn’t dip enough  Got a very familiar ring to it this season again  

He's improved us, if I hear that one more time , he's won fuck all and will leave us winning nothing,

brandon fucking barker coming on in the cup final when the scum had lost their right  back, clueless

grezda, Lafferty,, Ojo , Flanagan  an endless list of pish signings

his constant slating of Katic ( we know you don't like him)

no plan b

his constant 4 3 3 where our midfield get outnumbered

saying he had no issue with the ref at torbett towers,unbelievable

his love of certain players even when their form is crap

still our best players are pedros/ warburton signings

andy King ? Wtf

his record against the sheep, shite

last thing we needed was a rookie manager , well done the board 3 losers appointed in a row😔

Archived