Is the manager's job on the line

KingKirk

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

See this change the system and everything will be alright bollicks. 
Players playing badly will still play badly no matter the system or formation. 
The system or formation got us to where we were before the break when the players were on fire. 

Because some players might actually be suited to a different system, were slaughtering ojo for not being good as a number 10, when he was brought here on the premise of being a right winger, kent who has been miss more than hit is too crowded out in the number ten role at the moment as well

Playing 2 or 3 defensive mids as well when were at home to shite teams, 

All that is the system, we arent adventurous enough especially at home, and that isnt down to the players its down to how gerrard wants them to play

An opposition managet must love coming up against us as he doesnt have to think for long as to how to out tactic us, he just has to hope his players can stick to the task

Even if gerrard doesn't deliver the title then he has still been great for the club. When he came in did we honestly think within a season we would progress through the group stages of the europa league?

But whether we win the league or not there needs to be a clear out in the summer and more rebuilding.  For me Davis, Flanagan, ojo, Barker, Murphy, docherty, halliday should not be here next season.  Aribo there is still a question mark.

And instead of bringing in 6 or 7 squad players he needs to be bringing in 3 or 4 players of real quality. 

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Because some players might actually be suited to a different system, were slaughtering ojo for not being good as a number 10, when he was brought here on the premise of being a right winger, kent who has been miss more than hit is too crowded out in the number ten role at the moment as well

Playing 2 or 3 defensive mids as well when were at home to shite teams, 

All that is the system, we arent adventurous enough especially at home, and that isnt down to the players its down to how gerrard wants them to play

An opposition managet must love coming up against us as he doesnt have to think for long as to how to out tactic us, he just has to hope his players can stick to the task

They loved the system first half of the season it seemed to suit them just fine. 
The whole team has went to shit its not particular players that are being asked to do something they can’t. 
Honestly I’m at a loss as to why this has happened for the second season running.  

1 minute ago, gersfc86 said:

Even if gerrard doesn't deliver the title then he has still been great for the club. When he came in did we honestly think within a season we would progress through the group stages of the europa league?

But whether we win the league or not there needs to be a clear out in the summer and more rebuilding.  For me Davis, Flanagan, ojo, Barker, Murphy, docherty, halliday should not be here next season.  Aribo there is still a question mark.

And instead of bringing in 6 or 7 squad players he needs to be bringing in 3 or 4 players of real quality. 

He was brought in to win the title nothing else. 
He has built that squad. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He has built that squad. 

I agree. It's his squad and he has made some absolutely attrocious signings . Ojo, lafferty, Barker, Grezda, King etc.

But surely theyre not just Gerrards signings. Surely the head of recruitment is giving him advice on the availability and cost of players? 

But there needs to be a clear out in the summer and bringing in 3 or 4 first 11 players.

5 minutes ago, gersfc86 said:

I agree. It's his squad and he has made some absolutely attrocious signings . Ojo, lafferty, Barker, Grezda, King etc.

But surely theyre not just Gerrards signings. Surely the head of recruitment is giving him advice on the availability and cost of players? 

But there needs to be a clear out in the summer and bringing in 3 or 4 first 11 players.

We said the exact same thing last summer mate. The management said quailty would be added as last season finished

Instead we added quantity over quailty. 

Maybe allen advises but management we are told have the final say. 

For me we didn't get serious until Gerrard walked through the door.  Previous years were like treading water as a top six side that could not mount a serious challenge. We may very well end this season without a trophy but as much as the recent form has dropped I don't think we will totally capitulate like last season.  Since arrival he has had four transfer windows and more or less rebuilt the entire squad.  I think one more season and another transfer window is a must.

8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

They loved the system first half of the season it seemed to suit them just fine. 
The whole team has went to shit its not particular players that are being asked to do something they can’t. 
Honestly I’m at a loss as to why this has happened for the second season running.  

Bottle. We have a squad of players where the vast majority have never won a trophy & have never played 20/30 games a season until they came to us

When they have a chance to win something, their bottle crashes and the pressure gets to them, happened last season, happened in the cup final & happened again in the league after the break

33 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

He's improved us, if I hear that one more time , he's won fuck all and will leave us winning nothing,

brandon fucking barker coming on in the cup final when the scum had lost their right  back, clueless

grezda, Lafferty,, Ojo , Flanagan  an endless list of pish signings

his constant slating of Katic ( we know you don't like him)

no plan b

his constant 4 3 3 where our midfield get outnumbered

saying he had no issue with the ref at torbett towers,unbelievable

his love of certain players even when their form is crap

still our best players are pedros/ warburton signings

andy King ? Wtf

his record against the sheep, shite

last thing we needed was a rookie manager , well done the board 3 losers appointed in a row😔

Send in yer cv... from the comfort of your couch you would have won every trophy we have played in since last August. 

12 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He has built that squad. 

Thing is we’ve seen this squad when they play to their potential they are unquestionably better than celtic who allegedly have at bad game(s) when they play us (nonsense). Unsure why we’ve stuttered again but there’s a lot of football left to play. All of Gerrard signings haven’t been great but their squad (which is substantial) was accumulated over years, developed without credible challenge and financed by a free run at CL and national league prize money.
SG has not been perfect but he’s brought a sense of pride back to the club, European respectability and potentially a team that hopefully will recover to go on to 55. Worse case scenario ( 2nd place) I would be happy for him to carry on as we are far from perfect but are undoubtedly getting better...

26 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

Katic was absolute garbage yesterday .

I had a flashback to Kilmarnock last year, usually he’s dependable but he had a ‘Worrall’ moment with McGregor digging him out of that hole...

There is a distinct feud between Gerrard & Katic and it has existed for far too long. A few weeks ago Katic clearly dissed Gerrard when he celebrated scoring a goal with the bench. Gerrard rarely criticizes  players by name in post-match comments but he did yesterday with Katic & Morelos.

When Gerrard isn't keen on someone he makes it quite clear. Jones is another on he doesn't like. Murphy & King probably have a point of view worth hearing. Anyway, I don't think the team bonding is quite as good as we are all made out to believe.

I like Katic but personally I think he is over-rated on here. Don't be surprised to see Edmundson on Wednesday. I love Gerrard as a player, manager and a person but he is definitely still a work in progress and he would probably say that himself.

2 minutes ago, Glory awaits said:

The op of this thread should hang his head in shame “ is the managers job on the line “....... is it fuck I’m gonna bump this thread In a year or 2 when gerrard fucks off back to the premiership with Newcastle or similar and we are gutted

Good cause he's only going to them if he's successful here! Maybe u dont like the question but its a legitimate one

Gerrard Is doing a great job.... we were getting pumped out of Europe by teams from Luxembourg before he arrived, routinely absolutely pumped by them & other major embarrassments that are countless to mention. We now are a team that take scalps home & away in Europe & play our biggest rival off the park...! And a 0-0 draw to Aberdeen is looked upon like Armageddon!

1 minute ago, Glory awaits said:

Is it fuck, we were a complete fucking shambles, it’s a miracle he’s turned it around as quick 

It is yes but that's done with now its about winning things. He's spent millions of pounds with that comes pressure.

He needs to deliver

Archived