Corruption in the game?

Thermopylae

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 03/02/2020 at 16:35, Thermopylae said:

I have a friend who's an ex-referee and I've never known him to criticise referees in any way so I was pretty surprised last week when he said to me that he thinks there is corruption in Scottish football now and that the current crop of whistlers know it will help their careers if they show the correct bias.

I suppose given how long we were in the lower leagues and had the likes of charles green at the helm it would be more of a surprise if the soap dodgers hadn't moved to improve their position in the game  and there's no doubt that little helping hand they seem to get most weeks now may just be enough to let them coast home

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/51351648

Yes, there is corruption in the game and it started when the refs backed down to cfc's demands

I believe that match manipulation is going on. Match-manipulation can in some cases be closely connected to money laundering, terrorists activities or to fund  payouts 

I think they would do it something like this.....

Someone finds a ref who is bent or threatens one. they agree an outcome for the game. A crooked bookie is found and bets are placed online so that they can't be easily tracked. Winnings are placed into an offshore account to fund a cause.

7 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Which shit decisions have we got wrongly in our favour tonight, or this season versus the scum at their place or Hampden, or against the sheep?

No chance you'll get an answer, these people never do provide one.

Madden was horrendous. His bias was obvious. We're getting nothing from  any of them in this league, so we just have to find better form to overcome it.

A shit position to be in, when the whole country wants you fucked over such is the hatred, but fuck them, we can still do it in spite of them.

10 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Nope, just shit at what they do. 

If you are shit then when you see is the same shit ability affecting both sides. I saw Hagi have Omeonga go through him from behind in the centre of their half about 30 yards from goal, no foul given.

Morelos went into the back of someone over next to the touch line in fairly close to the halfway line (it was a foul by the way) and it was given.

If it’s shit ability then rules get applied consistently shit it should be autonomous decisions but they aren’t, there is absolutely 100% discretion being applied and that discretion is showing a clear bias against our players.

3 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

If you are shit then when you see is the same shit ability affecting both sides. I saw Hagi have Omeonga go through him from behind in the centre of their half about 30 yards from goal, no foul given.

Morelos went into the back of someone over next to the touch line in fairly close to the halfway line (it was a foul by the way) and it was given.

If it’s shit ability then rules get applied consistently shit it should be autonomous decisions but they aren’t, there is absolutely 100% discretion being applied and that discretion is showing a clear bias against our players.

We had the best refereeing in our 9iar spell but I’ll bet opposition fans were giving it “who’s the mason in the black”

And as a poster pointed out earlier there’s loads of examples the other way. 
I stand by my sentiments that referees in Scotland are of a very poor standard indeed 

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

We had the best refereeing in our 9iar spell but I’ll bet opposition fans were giving it “who’s the mason in the black”

And as a poster pointed out earlier there’s loads of examples the other way. 
I stand by my sentiments that referees in Scotland are of a very poor standard indeed 

It’s your opinion but I’ll ask you what I asked another poster in the madden thread, if it’s just shit refereeing then how can the Stevenson foul not see a yellow card issued? In any game if you pull an attacking player back either by holding them or grabbing their jersey it’s an automatic yellow card. Borna got one for a pull on McGinn in the sheep half, Flanagan had it against Hearts and there were no complaints from us, clear yellows.

Morelos was away from Stevenson and he wraps BOTH arms completely around him in a bear hug for fucks sake. How is that shit refereeing and not cheating?

If it had been the other way last night with Stevenson going past Morelos and he grabs him like that it would 100% have been a yellow and a high chance madden would have upgraded it to red. Does that make it shit refereeing or does that make it biased?

The collective determination within Scottish football (as opposed to an actual conspiracy as such) to do us down continues unabated.

There are effectively two standards of refereeing operating in Scotland at the moment. The first is standard refereeing as you would see in a Motherwell v Hibs match for example. The second is what we saw last night. A clear bias towards celtic or anyone playing against Rangers. I know that there are many amongst us (bluepeter springs to mind) who rubbish this idea but they probably think Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone in killing JFK. Week in, week out we see proof that we are not dealing with mere incompetence but clear and consistent prejudice.

And if further proof were needed how much we are hated and must be stopped at all costs, you only need to look at last night’s scores.

Aberdeen and Hearts took four points out of six from us. Played as if their lives depended on it. Last night they both lost at home to teams in the bottom six.

The only game that matters is stopping the H***.

As ever, it’s all about the Rangers.

21 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

It’s your opinion but I’ll ask you what I asked another poster in the madden thread, if it’s just shit refereeing then how can the Stevenson foul not see a yellow card issued? In any game if you pull an attacking player back either by holding them or grabbing their jersey it’s an automatic yellow card. Borna got one for a pull on McGinn in the sheep half, Flanagan had it against Hearts and there were no complaints from us, clear yellows.

Morelos was away from Stevenson and he wraps BOTH arms completely around him in a bear hug for fucks sake. How is that shit refereeing and not cheating?

If it had been the other way last night with Stevenson going past Morelos and he grabs him like that it would 100% have been a yellow and a high chance madden would have upgraded it to red. Does that make it shit refereeing or does that make it biased?

Morelos shrugs him off with a flailing arm, as would be instinctive, and I've no doubt a card would have been shown to him. 

59 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Can I ask you a couple of questions?

what is the general standard of refereeing in Scotland? Is it of a high quality?

Or do you think it’s just pish poor and weight that up against us having most of the ball most of the time drawing more decisions 

For ages I have said that incompetence is the issue and argued for professional officials plus goal line technology and VAR. That argument no longer holds water. The anti Rangers bias is very clear.

They won't do it but I would love the club to call for foreign officials until the SFA sort out this mess.

There are so many factors that point to an unfair system 

One that sticks out like a sore thumb for me is the yard tables ,Taigs are top of fair play league by miles ,it’s argued that they have more possession and always on the front foot so are more likely to be fouled than commit fouls ,We are in the same boat but sit very close to the bottom of the fair play league 

Some games we have a ratio of 2 fouls a yellow compared to some teams we play against have 1 card after 15 fouls 

On the face of it it sounds petty ,but when you watch the games and you see our players taken out blatantly with no card shown it allows the opposition many more chances to break the game up ,ie last night Stevenson ,rugby tackles Morelos ,no card ,2 mins later gets carded for slicing him down ,

I don’t know how we can fix this though due to the completely sown up system the tarriers have in their favour 

1 hour ago, GersInCanada said:

For ages I have said that incompetence is the issue and argued for professional officials plus goal line technology and VAR. That argument no longer holds water. The anti Rangers bias is very clear.

They won't do it but I would love the club to call for foreign officials until the SFA sort out this mess.

There is a reason the Scum are so anti VAR and it’s nothing to do with the cost. 

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

what is the general standard of refereeing in Scotland? Is it of a high quality?

Or do you think it’s just pish poor and weight that up against us having most of the ball most of the time drawing more decisions 

Standard of Refereeing is about average for a league of our standing and income. 

You want to explain why we are at opposite ends of any punishment table from the other team in the league with the similar amount of possession, if we have so much possession why do our players get booked sent off just as much if not more so than the rest of the league, especially the team with similar amounts of possession. 

Surely if it’s just shite Refs and it’s simply down to possession us and the scum should be sitting fairly even with each other in yellow cards Red cards number of tackles before a yellow is shown, number of CO citations both denied and upheld. After all if it’s just shite Refs over the course of a season it will all even out, well won’t it. 

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

I’ve not said our referees are of a high standard, they most certainly are not.

I would say that when you see bad decisions you can categorise them in two ways:

1. human error
  2. Application of the laws

the first is when you attempt to make the right decision but don’t have everything you need to do so. You were unsighted, the ball was moving very quickly, the player was inches on/offside etc. That is where you can question the ability of a referee. Are they too unfit to keep up with play? Do they have poor positioning skills to be in the right place at the right time?

The second for me is where the referee sees infringements and decides whether or not to blow the whistle and any further action to take. This is both a mixture of ability and decision making.

If a game has just kicked off and someone goes for a wild lunge that is a clear free kick some referees may go for a red card, some for a yellow and some for a talking to. If that same challenge happens 20 minutes in then more often than not a referee will punish it more than they would in the first few minutes. I disagree with this approach since in my mind if there is a foul worthy of a yellow it gets a yellow, it matters not whether it’s the1st minute or the 90th or whether the player has just come on as a sub or is on a yellow already or another yellow and they get suspended for the next match etc. The referee should apply the rules of the game.

However, I know that it is common practice for referees to apply discretion and that’s usually what makes the difference between good and bad referees.

There are however some challenges that should never have discretion applied. Pulling a shirt, holding back or clear obstruction of a player when no attempt is made to play the ball is always a yellow card offence. Yet Stevenson got away with that last night when it was a couple of yards from the linesman and a few more away from madden. He is actually making a conscious decision to disregard one of the most nailed on yellow card offences in any league  in the world and you have to ask why?

Ive also seen games where yellow card offences do not result in a second yellow being shown for the very reason that it would result in a player being sent off. When Morelos is on a yellow another yellow card offence results in a sending off.

The referees in this country will get a hard time if they upset celtic but if they upset us then every other clubs supporters are on their side therefore making it easier to give decisions against us rather than for us.

Im not saying that madden or any other referee is starting the match thinking how can I do Rangers over here, but there is definitely a thought process behind each decision that is at the very least questionable but other times absolutely dumbfounding.

No external pressures should influence a referee whether it’s home/away fans, the context of the game itself, mainstream media or club’s specific media/pr departments but I think it’s clear to see the referees are influenced in a way that favours the scum over ourselves and it can’t be left as it is with a shrug of the shoulders and just continue.

18 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I’ve not said our referees are of a high standard, they most certainly are not.

I would say that when you see bad decisions you can categorise them in two ways:

1. human error
  2. Application of the laws

the first is when you attempt to make the right decision but don’t have everything you need to do so. You were unsighted, the ball was moving very quickly, the player was inches on/offside etc. That is where you can question the ability of a referee. Are they too unfit to keep up with play? Do they have poor positioning skills to be in the right place at the right time?

The second for me is where the referee sees infringements and decides whether or not to blow the whistle and any further action to take. This is both a mixture of ability and decision making.

If a game has just kicked off and someone goes for a wild lunge that is a clear free kick some referees may go for a red card, some for a yellow and some for a talking to. If that same challenge happens 20 minutes in then more often than not a referee will punish it more than they would in the first few minutes. I disagree with this approach since in my mind if there is a foul worthy of a yellow it gets a yellow, it matters not whether it’s the1st minute or the 90th or whether the player has just come on as a sub or is on a yellow already or another yellow and they get suspended for the next match etc. The referee should apply the rules of the game.

However, I know that it is common practice for referees to apply discretion and that’s usually what makes the difference between good and bad referees.

There are however some challenges that should never have discretion applied. Pulling a shirt, holding back or clear obstruction of a player when no attempt is made to play the ball is always a yellow card offence. Yet Stevenson got away with that last night when it was a couple of yards from the linesman and a few more away from madden. He is actually making a conscious decision to disregard one of the most nailed on yellow card offences in any league  in the world and you have to ask why?

Ive also seen games where yellow card offences do not result in a second yellow being shown for the very reason that it would result in a player being sent off. When Morelos is on a yellow another yellow card offence results in a sending off.

The referees in this country will get a hard time if they upset celtic but if they upset us then every other clubs supporters are on their side therefore making it easier to give decisions against us rather than for us.

Im not saying that madden or any other referee is starting the match thinking how can I do Rangers over here, but there is definitely a thought process behind each decision that is at the very least questionable but other times absolutely dumbfounding.

No external pressures should influence a referee whether it’s home/away fans, the context of the game itself, mainstream media or club’s specific media/pr departments but I think it’s clear to see the referees are influenced in a way that favours the scum over ourselves and it can’t be left as it is with a shrug of the shoulders and just continue.

Superb post, mate. Leaves the apologists nowhere to go.

The fact is that, over the years, I’m sure we’ve had Rangers-leaning refs who helped us out, either consciously or unconsciously. To deny this would be idiotic. Sadly, we are an era where the default emotion is “fuck Rangers”

If one were to apply the same level of incompetence in their own job, they would be sacked, but then again, this is not simply incompetence, but a concerted campaign to stop us, nothing said, nothing to see here.

The fix is in and rather obvious yet again from that cunt last night.

Of course they are incompetent but this has gone to a different level which is called cheating. I'm convinced of it. There will be a whistleblower out there who will expose the corruption in Scottish football one day for what it is. The Italians were caught and the SFA are not that clever. Ever since we beat them on the 29th it has reached a different level. Why? Because we were 2 points behind with a game in hand. I sound like a conspirator but that is what I see when I watch games.

On ‎05‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 08:04, beararse said:

I absolutely detest Griffiths but that is not a stamp, he's simply repositioned his foot to avoid stamping.

He has to adjust his stride to avoid stamping on the kilmarnock players leg which is wiggling about.

Im all for highlighting stuff but FFS. If this was a Morelos incident its guaranteed we'd all be screaming his innocence!

The one v Hamilton was a stamp and he should have been hammered.

Sorry mate but that's a stamp all day long. Griffiths knew what he was doing, he just missed.

Look at the increase in speed when he puts his foot down. Bastard meant it and killie player was lucky.

1 minute ago, quabba said:

Sorry mate but that's a stamp all day long. Griffiths knew what he was doing, he just missed.

Look at the increase in speed when he puts his foot down. Bastard meant it and killie player was lucky.

Don't apologize to an apologist.

Archived