Club refusing press access

ScottBF2

4Lads on Twitter made mention of not being given press access to today's conference. Seems like a bit like shooting ourselves in the foot when the club want us to ignore traditional media sources in favour of more pro Rangers outlets and social media.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd make an assumption it's because they're under scrutiny and can't start giving free passes to our own, as it could be used against them if it's not our own.

Can see both sides of why David at H&H mentioned it, but also why the boy in question is playing it down. 

More shite for the Club to deal with right now when they're up to their knees in it. Wish we'd all box clever-er...

Why would it be a shitstorm it’s up to the club who they let in, if they said ok mate it’s your turn today someone else gets access for the next game and we can get you back in in a couple of weeks. 
Job done we look after our own and everyone is happy. 

Not like us to make a cunt of things though. 

10 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

4Lads on Twitter made mention of not being given press access to today's conference. Seems like a bit like shooting ourselves in the foot when the club want us to ignore traditional media sources in favour of more pro Rangers outlets and social media.

Anyone found out if what 4Lads were saying about Elite was true?

1 minute ago, ben51 said:

I'd make an assumption it's because they're under scrutiny and can't start giving free passes to our own, as it could be used against them if it's not our own.

Can see both sides of why David at H&H mentioned it, but also why the boy in question is playing it down. 

More shite for the Club to deal with right now when they're up to their knees in it. Wish we'd all box clever-er...

They could at least a give a pass to the greatest Rangers site of them all and allow its esteemed staff to attend press conferences

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Why would it be a shitstorm it’s up to the club who they let in, if they said ok mate it’s your turn today someone else gets access for the next game and we can get you back in in a couple of weeks. 
Job done we look after our own and everyone is happy. 

Not like us to make a cunt of things though. 

Personally I could not care less about this, but your idea would be sensible and save this kind of shite being brought up.

I am still 'raging' that they do not have a couple of mics to pass around so we can hear what is being asked. 🤪

He didn’t get a press pass because he’s not press... If he wants to do his exams, study towards a qualification in journalism & then apply again, then I’m positive Rangers would be fine handing one out. The club were always good with me when I was going through uni. 

As much as the sun/record etc are scum, they’re still traditional media & they will be get preference over fan blogs - 4lads understood that in his reply

28 minutes ago, M-89 said:

He didn’t get a press pass because he’s not press... If he wants to do his exams, study towards a qualification in journalism & then apply again, then I’m positive Rangers would be fine handing one out. The club were always good with me when I was going through uni. 

As much as the sun/record etc are scum, they’re still traditional media & they will be get preference over fan blogs - 4lads understood that in his reply

Aye because after all that the level of journalism in Scotland is so high. 😂😂

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Could it be something to do with  Four Lads talking about the Elite deal?

If that’s the case then it’s that even lower from the club. Rangers blogger gives the fans news on the biggest fuck up inside the club and they shut the door on him. 
But happy to let every scum cunt in Scotland’s press write what the fuck they like about us, the players and management staff, but not the directors or cunt of a PR guru. 

Archived