Club refusing press access

ScottBF2

17 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We moan like fuck about the bias in the press then moan like fuck when one of our own who is better than the press asks for a pass.

Oh he can’t get in he hasn’t fucked about at Uni for years to be called a journalist. 

Is anybody moaning?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did press work with Toronto FC (MLS) in Canada and covered games 2 seasons ago.  & basically yes you can not just give it to one and not the other. And it may be different in Scotland but there is a lot of rules etc. 

It is definitely a fun side of football to be in tho. Hopefully he could get back in if they reconsider it

We had Mexican teams press officers when we played in the concacaf champions league. 

and there media would travel with them and report along side us in the press box. 

Lots of rules tho. 

but yes they wont just let any one who asks for media credentials.

PS this is the club Maurice Edu came from.  

IMG_6880.JPG

1 minute ago, WeeJacksonRFC said:

I did press work with Toronto FC (MLS) in Canada and covered games 2 seasons ago.  & basically yes you can not just give it to one and not the other. And it may be different in Scotland but there is a lot of rules etc. 

It is definitely a fun side of football to be in tho. Hopefully he could get back in if they reconsider it

We had Mexican teams press officers when we played in the concacaf champions league. 

and there media would travel with them and report along side us in the press box. 

Lots of rules tho. 

but yes they wont just let any one who asks for media credentials. 

IMG_6880.JPG

I've been there mate. Great wee stadium. Freeze yer balls off with the wind from lake effect in the springtime.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I've been there mate. Great wee stadium. Freeze yer balls off with the wind from lake effect in the springtime.

When we play in the MLS cup final its still haunts me so cold ! ! ! yes it is love that place. Rangers I hold dear and will always be #1 but got some love for my local club here. 

8 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

"Press" usually means in posession of  Press Association membership card.

If you don't have one - can't really call yourself press?

never said I was. My boss was I did press work. I interviewed players did stuff in the tunel. 

locker room etc. media rail interviews with everyone. and Press conferences. 

I have press passes etc. maybe it's different over there. 

4 minutes ago, WeeJacksonRFC said:

never said I was. My boss was I did press work. I interviewed players did stuff in the tunel. 

locker room etc. media rail interviews with everyone. and Press conferences. 

I have press passes etc. maybe it's different over there. 

You in Cambridge Ontario mate?  

22 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

"Press" usually means in posession of  Press Association membership card.

If you don't have one - can't really call yourself press?

:tu:

Would cause us to attract more shite ..... the tarrier press would have a field day ..... "only union recognised press allowed" and such ..... ironic really that the tarrier press would be running greeting to their "Union" about non union bloggers trying to get on their patch ..... most definitely the only fucking time they will ever recognise the term .... Union ..... :p:

:UK:

9 minutes ago, WeeJacksonRFC said:

I am ! indeed part of the Cambridge True Blues Supporters club 

8 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Am in Mississauga mate. 

8 minutes ago, WeeJacksonRFC said:

Not far at all! 

7 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

No sir! 

6 minutes ago, WeeJacksonRFC said:

Send us an inbox wasn't involved last season but maybe catch up next time im down that way. or if I end up in any Rangers  clubs down there 

5 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

👍🇬🇧

giphy.gif?cid=790b761156605dac5236505c1a

Archived