Bobby Madden ....

xaldub

21 minutes ago, beararse said:

So answer me this, if it’s corruption that’s to blame then why can’t we seems to pass or press as well as the first half of the season? 
id that down to corrupt officials? No it isn’t.

Also, name me one clear and obvious incident that has changed the outcome of one of our league matches this season?

You could argue the sheep going down to ten men on sat if cosgrove got booked gor his bookable fouls is a game changer

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, beararse said:

Can’t really answer that as it’s a hypothetical question.

In my opinion, and McGregor’s given his lack of reaction, it was a perfectly good goal. 

Scottish referees are simply inept.

We see a disproportionate amount of bad decisions go against us because we have the majority of possession in most games so tend to be fouled more. That fuels conspiracy theories 

Go into any teams fans forum and there will be a topic regards poor refereeing. It’s the nature of the beast. Everybody debates/hates referees.

Also, corruption only gets mentioned by teams who aren’t winning, or are close to winning but fail.

celtic fans banged on about corrupt referees when we were winning everything.The system wasn’t corrupt. They were just looking for excuses threw red mist. 

Hugh Dallas got a coin to the temple for his efforts.

Sorry mate but that’s bollocks. 

There is definitely something going on, your analogy that we get most wrong decisions because we have the ball the most should mean the scum should be in the same boat as us, but what do you know they get most decisions in their favour. 

5 minutes ago, beararse said:

You talking about the last 4 games?

if so, we’ve been fucking abysmal. So much so we are looking at whether refereeing has cost us the game against teams we should be playing off the park.

Aberdeen could have beaten us given the number of clear cut chances they created.  Can’t recall any big decisions influencing the games v Hearts we were just shite.

Similarly,  last night and the games v Ross County and St Mitten, we won the game but struggled to put it beyond doubt due our laborious and predictable play.

Didnt cover ourselves in glory v the mighty Stranraer either.

whilst the level of refereeing is deplorable, I believe it be just that: deplorable but not corrupt. You disgree. That’s the beauty of a fan’s forum.

How many poor decisions can you recall going against us in the league when we were scoring for fun in the first half of the season?  

I ask again....the Stevenson foul on Morelos, shirt pulling when an attacking player has gone past you is an automatic yellow and we see it all the time so why was no yellow given when Morelos was wearing a Lewis Stevenson backpack?

That is not deplorable refereeing that is blatant cheating there is no debate about that or can you care to offer an explanation as to why it’s not?

55 minutes ago, beararse said:

Can’t really answer that as it’s a hypothetical question.

In my opinion, and McGregor’s given his lack of reaction, it was a perfectly good goal. 

Scottish referees are simply inept.

We see a disproportionate amount of bad decisions go against us because we have the majority of possession in most games so tend to be fouled more. That fuels conspiracy theories 

Go into any teams fans forum and there will be a topic regards poor refereeing. It’s the nature of the beast. Everybody debates/hates referees.

Also, corruption only gets mentioned by teams who aren’t winning, or are close to winning but fail.

celtic fans banged on about corrupt referees when we were winning everything.The system wasn’t corrupt. They were just looking for excuses threw red mist. 

Hugh Dallas got a coin to the temple for his efforts.

My sentiments exactly 

good post and better put than what I’ve been saying for some time now. 

👍

Just now, NeoGeo7 said:

I ask again....the Stevenson foul on Morelos, shirt pulling when an attacking player has gone past you is an automatic yellow and we see it all the time so why was no yellow given when Morelos was wearing a Lewis Stevenson backpack?

That is not deplorable refereeing that is blatant cheating there is no debate about that or can you care to offer an explanation as to why it’s not?

Or the shoulder to the chin of Davis off the ball, clearly seen by the linesman as the Ref told the player he had given it. 

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

As for their goal, if you jump into the keeper and don’t win the ball cleanly in today’s game it’s a foul all day long. 
Whittaker didn’t get near the ball and impeded McGregor, it’s a foul on the goalie. 

At the time I thought McGregor had made a cunt of it as well, but it’s a foul. 

As has been said earlier if that happens to Marciano in their box a foul would have been given.

5 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Who gives us credit for behaving impeccable ? Ourselves  Do you think anyone else thinks we are impeccable in this Country .They only think the worst or lie. 
It’s our clubs  arrogance  that is stopping us from going on the attack 

I actually despise them for what the do for the rank and file fans 

The scum stick up for there’s 

We are almost ashamed of ours without the lip service at Season ticket renewal time 

Bang on, no fans, anywhere, say ''see Rangers...they just take it on the chin with dignity'', and the other side of the coin nobody anywhere (apart from us) criticizes them for their behaviour :angry:

The phrase "Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you" comes to mind with these refereeing performances. Rangers, especially Morelos, are CLEARLY being refereed to a different standard than the rest of the SPL. It is happening in literally every game, and even this season alone it would be incredibly easy to highlight inconsistencies with multiple similar incidents eg. Morelos gets a second yellow card for making a gesture to Motherwell fans after scoring versus Griffiths getting no punishment for verbally remonstrating with a Kilmarnock fan and then throwing an object at the supporter. Or Cosgrove getting red carded for his strong arm tactics playing against the scum versus no punishment at all playing the same way in every game against Rangers. There are many more examples .... it is blatant, and is happening far too often for this just to be simply down to the referees being shite.

One thing that seems to get brushed aside is the performances of the linesmen, particularly the one running the SJ stand. 

We were flagged offside 9 times on Saturday in the first half, that’s once every 5 minutes. The game before that Defoe was flagged offside 6 times himself. 

I’m willing to bet any sort of money they 16 incidents we’re onside in at least half of them. 

Jermain Defoe has probably been flagged offside up here more than he ever did in his entire career in the EPL. 

They don’t even allow the play to carry out, as soon as the ball is played sometimes the flag goes up, as soon as a defender puts his arm up claiming offside they put the flag up straight away. I find it amazing nobody else has noticed this

I've genuinely no idea if itll achieve anything, I don't know his role, but can the SLO not be asked to ask what the club is going to do or say with regards to recent refereeing performances? because the club will of course go with the dignified silence until they are forced to do otherwise.

On another note, I thought Dave King was stepping down last month? Maybe a new Chairman will have a backbone with regards to fighting our corner from the shite we put up with.

59 minutes ago, beararse said:

You talking about the last 4 games?

if so, we’ve been fucking abysmal. So much so we are looking at whether refereeing has cost us the game against teams we should be playing off the park.

Aberdeen could have beaten us given the number of clear cut chances they created.  Can’t recall any big decisions influencing the games v Hearts we were just shite.

Similarly,  last night and the games v Ross County and St Mitten, we won the game but struggled to put it beyond doubt due our laborious and predictable play.

Didnt cover ourselves in glory v the mighty Stranraer either.

whilst the level of refereeing is deplorable, I believe it be just that: deplorable but not corrupt. You disgree. That’s the beauty of a fan’s forum.

How many poor decisions can you recall going against us in the league when we were scoring for fun in the first half of the season?  

So a team playing poorly should accept a multitude of refereeing decisions? If it was always sour grapes youd have a point but win lose or draw its evident. Won at the scum place, win last night, drew with sheep, lost cup final. Huge and numerous decisions wrongly against. I notice you've not highlighted wrong decisions for.....

You've said the refereeing is deplorable, on that we agree. Which teams this season have been on the receiving end of those decisions versus us? Simple question.

As a poster above mentioned, it seems to have ramped up when we went on a strong run in December, and put real pressure on, even topping the league. Same period the cup winning goal was a wrong decision. Strange that.

46 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

He was 10 yards away and looking at it 😄

41 minutes ago, xaldub said:

The phrase "Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you" comes to mind with these refereeing performances. Rangers, especially Morelos, are CLEARLY being refereed to a different standard than the rest of the SPL. It is happening in literally every game, and even this season alone it would be incredibly easy to highlight inconsistencies with multiple similar incidents eg. Morelos gets a second yellow card for making a gesture to Motherwell fans after scoring versus Griffiths getting no punishment for verbally remonstrating with a Kilmarnock fan and then throwing an object at the supporter. Or Cosgrove getting red carded for his strong arm tactics playing against the scum versus no punishment at all playing the same way in every game against Rangers. There are many more examples .... it is blatant, and is happening far too often for this just to be simply down to the referees being shite.

Can you ever imagine a bheast player turning away after scoring a goal and celebrating 

No matter what he did 🤔And receive a red card for it 

It simply would never happen in the rhancid backwater of a Country 

Our club on this matter are shambolic or have been silenced from somewhere 

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Can you ever imagine a bheast player turning after scoring a goal and celebrating 

No matter what he did 🤔And receive a red card for it 

It simply would never happen in the rhancid backwater of a Country 

Our club on this matter are shambolic or have been silenced from somewhere 

In a match a scum player did get booked for celebrating in amongst the crowd, Weah did exactly the same but didnt get booked. According to Weah Collum told him it was as fans didnt fall over. That is rewriting rules, it's incredible. It's not discretion, its rule manipulation.

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

That summed up his whole nights performance 

He simply just ignored anything they chose to do to our players

Almost a carbon copy of Dallas on Saturday 

2 bears for refs eh 🤔

A bit too much ‘integrity’, not wanting to be seen to favour ‘their’ team, which ends up working against us.

Shame the refs with leaning the other way don’t play by the same rules, instead they’re shameless in enforcing the rules to benefit their favourites.

1 hour ago, beararse said:

So answer me this, if it’s corruption that’s to blame then why can’t we seems to pass or press as well as the first half of the season? 
id that down to corrupt officials? No it isn’t.

Also, name me one clear and obvious incident that has changed the outcome of one of our league matches this season?

Aberdeen away, foul given when should have been a pen. Various fouls by the giraffe during the same match where he should have seen red, 

The ref even apologised for the pen decision. 2 points dropped right there.

1 hour ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Penalty not given at Pittodrie.

Offside goal in the cup final with 3 players offside.

Corruption does not guarantee we lose games but it’s like playing a man down which can a) make it harder to win and b) can change matches at key stages of a game.

If we were playing well we’d beat teams in spite of the refereeing but we notice it more now because we are playing shite and that makes the margins of victory much finer therefore every decision made can have a large bearing on the outcome.

Are you seriously telling me that Stevenson’s foul was not a yellow?

By any chance are you one of the bears that vote for the SNP?

Cup final was not the league, plus you mentioned the last 4 games.

I’ll give you the Pittodrie penalty as a possible game changer but lets be honest, we were 2 up and cruising and fucking blew it....only got ourselves to blame by putting ourselves in a position where a refereeing decision could have changed the result.

I never said the Stevenson grapple wasn’t a booking. It clearly should have been. Did it change the result last night? Nope.

As for querying whether I voted for SNP, that has got absolutely fuck all to do with football so it weakens your position to debate.....and for the record, I’ve not voted for as long as I can remember, the majority of MPs, like Scottish referees, are fucking useless. 

1 hour ago, islanderbear84 said:

Penalty beaton failed to give at pittodrie. Gave a foul so that wasnt in question but even though hes 4 yards away he doesnt give a pen when the foul was on the 18yd line. 2 points cost to us

No. Throwing away a two goal lead cost us the game.

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

One thing that seems to get brushed aside is the performances of the linesmen, particularly the one running the SJ stand. 

We were flagged offside 9 times on Saturday in the first half, that’s once every 5 minutes. The game before that Defoe was flagged offside 6 times himself. 

I’m willing to bet any sort of money they 16 incidents we’re onside in at least half of them. 

Jermain Defoe has probably been flagged offside up here more than he ever did in his entire career in the EPL. 

They don’t even allow the play to carry out, as soon as the ball is played sometimes the flag goes up, as soon as a defender puts his arm up claiming offside they put the flag up straight away. I find it amazing nobody else has noticed this

Offsides are a nightmare for linesmen though, by most part the close ones are probably a guess, think about it, a linesman has to keep one eye on the defensive line while maybe a centre half 60 yards away is about to launch a long ball, theres no way he can accurately judge that

9 minutes ago, beararse said:

No. Throwing away a two goal lead cost us the game.

Usual answer, the ref never did his job.

We had a spell in the game where we didn't do ours, Beaton did not do his for the whole match.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Sorry mate but that’s bollocks. 

There is definitely something going on, your analogy that we get most wrong decisions because we have the ball the most should mean the scum should be in the same boat as us, but what do you know they get most decisions in their favour. 

I did say the refs were fucking useless.

They're  inconsistent and seemingly incapable if discharging their duties to reasonable effect.

Being unable to do your job properly however doesn’t mean you are corrupt.

i don’t watch celtic games, so can only really comment on the decisions against us when playing them and any incidents highlighted on here.

I’ve seen a Rangers players get away with stuff, as I have celtic/Aberdeen/Hibs etc.

There might well be an imbalance in decisions at present but I don’t think there is anything sinister at play. Sometimes thems the breaks.

You can chose to accept that or you can believe it is a conspiracy: that pretty much all officials refereeing the SPL have agreed to hamper Rangers on the field for the greater good of celtic

I happen to choose the former.

Archived