Bobby Madden ....

xaldub

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, beararse said:

Inconsistent and shite, not corrupt.

Season's not finished yet.....time will tell if it evens itself out, although i doubt it will given the very definition of inconsistent. 

By your arguements then, why haven't we seen the same level of inconsistencies in our european games this year? Wheres the big decisions they got wrong in our eyes that we feel we were robbed by. Must be purely coincidence that over that many games reffed by european referees we havent had any memorable howler decisions, yet if you took the same number of spl games there would be several!

41 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

See the amount of times this happens to us it boils my piss btw. 

Lewis and McGeouch on Saturday. 

Christie, Bolingoli and Brown at the piggery. 

McGregor Cup final. 

It's a joke. 

It's getting a bit fucken silly now.

Anyone saying it doesn't negate poor performances, ok fair enough, we've been poor but finding a way to win and carrying a bit of luck (like that mob do) 100% includes being on the positive end of a wide range of decisions: pens, double bookings, straight reds etc.

Players whose game involves being overly physical not getting booked for consistent fouling allows them to continue to affect the game in their teams favor and that includes our own players such as Morelos. That's just one facet or example of how a ref not doing his job properly can tip the balance of a game in favor of one team over another, deliberately or not.

We should be better, but no Rangers team in my lifetime has horsed an entire league week in and week out, not one but those teams that were good enough more often than not and that did manage to squeeze through games during dips in form were also refereed fairly.

1 minute ago, beararse said:

Inconsistent and shite, not corrupt.

Season's not finished yet.....time will tell if it evens itself out, although i doubt it will given the very definition of inconsistent. 

You are missing the exact point of inconsistent. Even a inconsistent Ref over a season actually has a consistency to him he will fuck up over a pretty consistent amount of games for every team. 

You say the over a season, look back the disciplinary tables and CO citations over the last few seasons they are pretty consistent with the same teams in the same positions season after season. 

You want to guess who always gets the great deal. 

19 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You us the amounts of possession to prove that’s why the scum have a better disciplinary record.

You then use those same stats to prove why the Refs make more mistakes against us, but if the Refs are just shite the Scum should on the same stats as use over a season. 

You then claim oh well it’s because they tackle better, really, that’s the best you can come up with. 

I particularly love the broonaldo elbows off the ball and the stamping on players.

14 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You us the amounts of possession to prove that’s why the scum have a better disciplinary record.

You then use those same stats to prove why the Refs make more mistakes against us, but if the Refs are just shite the Scum should on the same stats as use over a season. 

You then claim oh well it’s because they tackle better, really, that’s the best you can come up with. 

Where did i 'prove' anything?

I 'suggested', i didnt 'prove'. The former is a strong opinion on a subject, the latter would be statement as fact.

The stats i posted only proved that the fouls to cards ratio was worse than celtic and 4th on the league not the worst which was stated as a fact by a.n.other.

So, celtic (with all the money they have to buy 'better' players) being slightly better at tackling and winning the ball fairly when out of possession is a less likely scenario than the majority of the SPL referees hatching some plot to keep celtic on course for 9IAR?  Behave man.

8 minutes ago, islanderbear84 said:

By your arguements then, why haven't we seen the same level of inconsistencies in our european games this year? Wheres the big decisions they got wrong in our eyes that we feel we were robbed by. Must be purely coincidence that over that many games reffed by european referees we havent had any memorable howler decisions, yet if you took the same number of spl games there would be several!

You clearly haven't been paying attention to what i've been saying.

Scottish referees are shite, and inconsistent. European referees (and their assistants)  are much better, hence they don't suffer from any/as many howlers. 

15 hours ago, bluenoz said:

The deliberate elbow or shoulder by Doidge into Davis' face was horrendous. It is a straight red card but at the very least it is a yellow which would have been his second. Granted, Madden had his back to that one but that is why we have linesmen. Cheats, the lot of them.

Doidge got away with 3 elbows before he was booked one on Borna one on Goldson and the assault on Davis. 

Madden is a fucking cheat. 

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

Where did i 'prove' anything?

I 'suggested', i didnt 'prove'. The former is a strong opinion on a subject, the latter would be statement as fact.

The stats i posted only proved that the fouls to cards ratio was worse than celtic and 4th on the league not the worst which was stated as a fact by a.n.other.

So, celtic (with all the money they have to buy 'better' players) being slightly better at tackling and winning the ball fairly when out of possession is a less likely scenario than the majority of the SPL referees hatching some plot to keep celtic on course for 9IAR?  Behave man.

Not as complicated as hatching a plot. Just simply bias. Nobody wants to be an outsider at their place  of work. Very career limiting! Those principled, just leave. The arse kissers go with the flow.

4 minutes ago, beararse said:

Scottish referees are shite, and inconsistent. European referees (and their assistants)  are much better, hence they don't suffer from any/as many howlers. 

4 minutes ago, beararse said:

Jesus, your arguements swing all over the place. You seem desperate to defend whats clear for all to see

9 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You are missing the exact point of inconsistent. Even a inconsistent Ref over a season actually has a consistency to him he will fuck up over a pretty consistent amount of games for every team. 

You say the over a season, look back the disciplinary tables and CO citations over the last few seasons they are pretty consistent with the same teams in the same positions season after season. 

You want to guess who always gets the great deal. 

Whit?

An inconsistent ref is actually consistent as his wrong decisions cancel each other out? Only if he rectifies the exact amount  key decisions that went against the aggrieved team in the next round of games.

That proposition makes no sense whatsoever unless the specific ref in question referees all the games involving the same teams. Fucking up when its Hibs v St Mirren doesn't rectify a clanger in a Rangers v Aberdeen game 

That would be the case if he presented with a similar amount of similar type of incidents to judge in each and every game but thats not the case is it?

He could officiate a quarter of the matches where there is end to end attacking, tackles flying in, contentious offsides, sending offs...the remaining games could be turgid affairs with no shots on target and nothin to report.

What you are looking for is perfection, with every decision in every game being 100% correct.

That is never going to happen. Doesn't point to corruption.

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Last one I can remember was the one Tav missed at home, can't remember against who. Must been 4/5 months ago?

That's the point. For a team that has 75% possession always in the attacking zone, the odds would suggest more.

11 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Not as complicated as hatching a plot. Just simply bias. Nobody wants to be an outsider at their place  of work. Very career limiting! Those principled, just leave. The arse kissers go with the flow.

As does their career and the tide turns, unless of course we start to benefit from repeated questionable decision making when in the ascendency...which will happen at some point.

8 minutes ago, islanderbear84 said:

Jesus, your arguements swing all over the place. You seem desperate to defend whats clear for all to see

How is it swinging all over the place? I have consistently said on this thread that Scottish refs are shite and inconsistent  but not corrupt.  Where have i moved from that position?

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

As does their career and the tide turns, unless of course we start to benefit from repeated questionable decision making when in the ascendency...which will happen at some point.

Hahaha. No laughing at the back now. If you genuinely believe that then gimme your address so I can send the men in white coats round before you hurt yourself.

18 minutes ago, beararse said:

Whit?

An inconsistent ref is actually consistent as his wrong decisions cancel each other out? Only if he rectifies the exact amount  key decisions that went against the aggrieved team in the next round of games.

That proposition makes no sense whatsoever unless the specific ref in question referees all the games involving the same teams. Fucking up when its Hibs v St Mirren doesn't rectify a clanger in a Rangers v Aberdeen game 

That would be the case if he presented with a similar amount of similar type of incidents to judge in each and every game but thats not the case is it?

He could officiate a quarter of the matches where there is end to end attacking, tackles flying in, contentious offsides, sending offs...the remaining games could be turgid affairs with no shots on target and nothin to report.

What you are looking for is perfection, with every decision in every game being 100% correct.

That is never going to happen. Doesn't point to corruption.

Yes even chaos has a pattern  to it. 
So as you say they are inconsistent, which would mean they are inconsistent across the board with every club therefore they have a consistency to them. 
Which would mean both us and the scum as the teams with most possession should be around the same when it comes to punishment. But we aren’t even close. 

But of course that’s because they have better players than us, they must be invisible as well because the inconsistent Refs never seem to see them stamping, elbows flying, straight leg tackles and getting involved  with the crowd. 

Im not looking for perfection I’m looking for a level playing field if that playing field is inconsistent and poor then so be it. But it has to be inconsistent and poor for everyone and by looking at the stats  it clearly isn’t. 

Don’t think I’ve ever seen someone tie them self in knots more than you over this. 

The scum have had one player found Compliance Officer driven guilty retrospectively of an onfield infringement and banned for it. The guy was known to be injured when he got his ban. That's it.  

Not one player since Compliance became a thing found guilty and was fit and served a genuine suspension.

Just saying.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Yes even chaos has a pattern  to it. 
So as you say they are inconsistent, which would mean they are inconsistent across the board with every club therefore they have a consistency to them. 
Which would mean both us and the scum as the teams with most possession should be around the same when it comes to punishment. But we aren’t even close. 

But of course that’s because they have better players than us, they must be invisible as well because the inconsistent Refs never seem to see them stamping, elbows flying, straight leg tackles and getting in loved with the crowd. 

Im not looking for perfection I’m looking for a level playing field if that playing field is inconsistent and poor then so be it. But it has to be inconsistent and poor for everyone and by looking at the stats  it clearly isn’t. 

Don’t think I’ve ever seen someone tie them self in knots more than you over this. 

Quite consistently too  given his inconsistencies 😂

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The scum have had one player found Compliance Officer driven guilty retrospectively of an onfield infringement and banned for it. The guy was known to be injured when he got his ban. That's it.  

Not one player since Compliance became a thing found guilty and was fit and served a genuine suspension.

Just saying.

It’s ok mate, we have got to the bottom of it they are simply better than everyone else. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

All this just because he won’t believe we don’t get a fair shake when it comes to the Refs. 
When the facts are right in front of his face. 

The poor fella is just making the very sensible point that the refs are inconsistent in games, and that this is inconsistent across all games in the league. Which means its mosly against us and there is no consistency to it across the board due to the inherent nature of inconsistency. Pesky darn inconsistencies.

20 minutes ago, islanderbear84 said:

Hahaha. No laughing at the back now. If you genuinely believe that then gimme your address so I can send the men in white coats round before you hurt yourself.

I meant at some point we will be in the ascendancy, not at some point we will benefit.

Archived