Ianis Hagi

Robmc1

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

If we had two of him, we would've been sorted tbh.

He was making great diagonal runs in and around the box and showing for the ball constantly, but nobody was seeing it.

He was also trying to slip passes through outside the box, looking for runners, but nobody was showing for the pass.

Hopefully the more he trains with the team, the better the link up play gets.

Aye even a couple of the balls he gave away tonight were actually really clever and was mainly because he was two or three seconds ahead of everyone else. I think Arfield got caught twice not being on his toes.

The two best passing moves we had tonight Hagi was the main player too. The one in the first half where he started the move on the left then popped up on the right to play in Tav for a cross was really nice to watch. The other was the interchange with Arfield on the edge of the box in the second half.

One thing he will have to learn quickly is the lack of time he will get on the ball here. Got caught twice and if he turns into a defender he will get hurt.

I know it’s one game but from what I’ve seen of him on video and tonight he’s likely the best footballer we’ve had since Kranjcar. Luckily he’s not ready for the glue factory like Niko was.

I'm hoping he at least gives teams another player to focus on to allow some more freedom for Kent and also take the pressure off him.  Kent has been way off the boil but I think teams know if they double mark him we've got fuck all else from midfielder to cause them problems.

Hagi looks a step ahead of all of our midfielders when it comes to attacking passes and general play on tonight's showing so hopefully this is the start of a great career for us and if so here's hoping the players around him get a lift.

7 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Aye even a couple of the balls he gave away tonight were actually really clever and was mainly because he was two or three seconds ahead of everyone else. I think Arfield got caught twice not being on his toes.

The two best passing moves we had tonight Hagi was the main player too. The one in the first half where he started the move on the left then popped up on the right to play in Tav for a cross was really nice to watch. The other was the interchange with Arfield on the edge of the box in the second half.

One thing he will have to learn quickly is the lack of time he will get on the ball here. Got caught twice and if he turns into a defender he will get hurt.

I know it’s one game but from what I’ve seen of him on video and tonight he’s likely the best footballer we’ve had since Kranjcar. Luckily he’s not ready for the glue factory like Niko was.

Reminds me of when a young Ian Durrant was breaking into the first team. Streets ahead of a lot of the players around him for his age. Fantastic vision & awareness for his years.

I’ve heard people say of him “If he’s half as good as his dad Gheorghe, he’ll be some player”

I’ll be very happy if he’s half as good as Ian Durrant was before his injury.

Cracking  home debut though 👍🏼🇬🇧

17 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Seriously though, do we actually know what foot is supposed to be his strongest?

Genk has two penalties in one game.  Hagi scores both.  One with either foot.

He seems to be equally good on both.

5 minutes ago, SpidermansGaffer said:

Reminds me of when a young Ian Durrant was breaking into the first team. Streets ahead of a lot of the players around him for his age. Fantastic vision & awareness for his years.

I’ve heard people say of him “If he’s half as good as his dad Gheorghe, he’ll be some player”

I’ll be very happy if he’s half as good as Ian Durrant was before his injury.

Cracking  home debut though 👍🏼🇬🇧

Lol sorry to burst your bubble but his debut was on Saturday.

37 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Seriously though, do we actually know what foot is supposed to be his strongest?

Right for me.

Took the goal well and he nearly scored from a free kick and took a good corner on his right too.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I don’t know where he’s going or where he’s gonnae go,

I guess he’s got his reasons but I just don’t wanna know, 

Cause for 21 years I’ve been living next door to hagi...
Hagi? 

Ianis fuckin hagi.

i’ll accept a ban for this tbh

Fucking class. Just like the player he is mate. 
Well done!  

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

I take it the price is already fixed? I fucking hope so, because if he gets any better he's a steal.

No idea, that's the £££ being bandied about. TBH, if he plays regularly like tonight, then by summer 7/7.5m ie Kent money, would be fine by me.  Like Niko did, he thinks 2/3 moves ahead. Except unlike Niko, he has the legs.

Archived