Absolutely done with this country

born a blue nose

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even a cursory glance at the papers this morning shows the sort of thing we are up against as a club. Here is a quote about the celtic game last night from the record... “Lennon shook his head in admiration at the jaw-dropping talents of his French flyer and also the fabulous talents of team-mate McGregor...”. It’s sickening. Couple that with the SNP finance minister accused of grooming which is reported down here but not a single mention of it in that same paper, which has just appointed an SNP soon doctor as it’s editor. The agenda manipulation and bias is seeping though everything in Scotland at the moment. As the majority we are instinctively passive which unfortunately no longer seems to be enough. 

10 hours ago, berkshirebear said:

To be fair the SNP give Scots free meds, uni etc. They are using the extra funding they receive to buy votes. 

These come at a price. Over 14,000 scots kids didnt get a University place last year despite being academically capable because the Universities have increased their quotas of overseas and English students as they pay fees and it is the only way they can stay financially viable. 

Left in 99 to The Middle East and returned after 2015 for a bit  to see sadly what Scotland had become.My old man told me while I was away the scum had taken over nearly all the key positions and were desperate to have a republic like their beloved tattie land! 

The only reason I head back each month is to see my young kids running about with Rangers strips on.

Sad that its gone the way it has.

12 hours ago, berkshirebear said:

To be fair England is the same with most people I know voting Remain and for Labour and Lib dems etc. I think it's time men rediscovered their testicles.....

Should have stayed up North mate!

As someone who emigrated to Canada around 25 years ago I am rarely back in Scotland so not up to date with events. Through RTV I watch every Rangers match. Great value at $299 per year.

But the anti Rangers hysteria is apparent even from such a distance. The SNP's failures are so numerous that I fail to grasp how any Scot can vote for them. China can build a hospital in 10 days. The SNP would fail given 10 years.

Looking on from afar it is hard not to agree with the old adage that 'the lunatics are running the asylum'.

Sad days for the country of my birth.

13 hours ago, Canabear said:

Same here and if it wasn't for family i'd never go back.

I've been gone 40 years now and any time i do go back or read stuff online i don't recognize the place i left.

Yes cos 40 years ago thatcher was fucking our unions, shutting our heavy industry, moving shipbuilding south, privatising services and treating us like a wee experiment for the poll tax. 
probably all the reasons you left (don’t blame you) - no wonder you don’t recognise this place. 

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Yes cos 40 years ago thatcher was fucking our unions, shutting our heavy industry, moving shipbuilding south, privatising services and treating us like a wee experiment for the poll tax. 
probably all the reasons you left (don’t blame you) - no wonder you don’t recognise this place. 

The unions fucked themselves, and their members, heavy industry followed the cheapest labour, and the idea ofca tax based on number of users of a service is outrageous. 

We have one the lowest unemployment rates in the world and standard of living has risen vastly in the last few years. No tuition fees are a real bonus for anyone with kids.

Thought the ref was poor tonight and the boy should have been booked for holding back Alfie but ref could also have booked Alfie for waving card gesture and Stewart for kicking ball away. 

52 minutes ago, Bertent said:

The unions fucked themselves, and their members, heavy industry followed the cheapest labour, and the idea ofca tax based on number of users of a service is outrageous. 

Government procurement of heavy industrial manufacturing is exactly that - government procurement and not always based on the cheapest. Moving such services to southern England meant thatcher would stay in power and ensure voters were “grateful “. Scotland has never had the voters to make a dent just because of our size. Simple

the Unions didn’t fuck it for themselves. They could see the writing on the wall jobs going south, unemployment at an all time high in Scotland and England prosperity sticking in our throats. The 80’s in Scotland was fucking horrible. 

Thatcher couldn’t give a fuck about a country half the size of London 

41 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Government procurement of heavy industrial manufacturing is exactly that - government procurement and not always based on the cheapest. Moving such services to southern England meant thatcher would stay in power and ensure voters were “grateful “. Scotland has never had the voters to make a dent just because of our size. Simple

the Unions didn’t fuck it for themselves. They could see the writing on the wall jobs going south, unemployment at an all time high in Scotland and England prosperity sticking in our throats. The 80’s in Scotland was fucking horrible. 

Thatcher couldn’t give a fuck about a country half the size of London 

Revisionist bollocks, the u ions started fucking things in the 70s, pushing the agenda their leadership had, fuck all to do with workers rights much to do with power and influence for their beloved red flag. 2ndry picketing etc. Fighting modernisation and process improvement. How would procurement work as members of the beloved EUSSR? Open tender, ask bomardier how that goes. 

Thatch did plenty wrong, but lets not erase what  the idiots running the unions did to give her public support, and cost them membership. 

4 hours ago, Brubear said:

These come at a price. Over 14,000 scots kids didnt get a University place last year despite being academically capable because the Universities have increased their quotas of overseas and English students as they pay fees and it is the only way they can stay financially viable. 

This concept of "free " does my head in

We don't have free prescriptions as they cost 1.2B per annum and frankly as I am working I would happily pay for the odd one

As you say not all kids get in and frankly given that graduates will earn more over their life compared to a non graduate they should pay a graduate tax and invest it schools instead which are failing

I could list the rest of the "free" things but really its just a case of them taking money away from other more important things so they can crow look at all the "free" stuff we give you

:lol: this thread - it’s quite simple - don’t like the country - fuck off!

but blaming your ‘country’ cause your team might not win a trophy is just paranoid pish! 

The bears dens continues swirling downward and downward into a cess pit of the paranoid - where all that is left are the angst driven Uber fans. 

16 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

Anyone with a job down south give me a PM. Fuck staying in this disgrace of a cesspit any longer. I’ve never been so angry watching a game of football in my life .

If you’re serious about moving and looking for a job in London/ Windsor area let me know 

8 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

but blaming your ‘country’ cause your team might not win a trophy is just paranoid pish! 

The bears dens continues swirling downward and downward into a cess pit of the paranoid - where all that is left are the angst driven Uber fans. 

Don't like the thread - fuck off! 

On 06/02/2020 at 13:51, Bluepeter9 said:

I responded to a poster making a point about "free" education nothing about our team or anything. Several other posters are discussing topics unrelated to football also.

Archived