Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is a definition of insanity

Malkytfp1

Our tactics/formation need some change. Whilst they work in europe and against teams who come at us, the rest have figured us out and the 2 number 10's doesn't seem to work against the big parked bus.

We created very little tonight from open play again and whilst we want trophies the cup game at Hamilton this weekend is a good opportunity to try something new, whether it be 2 up top or dropping a holding midfielder.

I hate using the "plan B" phrase but it is evidently missing and costing us.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Our tactics/formation need some change. Whilst they work in europe and against teams who come at us, the rest have figured us out and the 2 number 10's doesn't seem to work against the big parked bus.

We created very little tonight from open play again and whilst we want trophies the cup game at Hamilton this weekend is a good opportunity to try something new, whether it be 2 up top or dropping a holding midfielder.

I hate using the "plan B" phrase but it is evidently missing and costing us.

Instead of complaining about it ( and you have every right ), tells us what your plan B is when breaking down 10 men and rugby players because something ain't working.

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Thought we were good for about 50 mins or so tbh and it was much more like pre break form. 

Maybe just me though 

We played with a lot more intensity tonight hence the reason we were able to come from behind and eventually get a winner 

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

The issue now is the form of Kent and Aribo.

playing the way we do then the responsibilty to create/score mainly falls on them.

They’re miles off it and when we needed a goal tonight both were subbed.

Aribo has proven himself in the position Hagi was playing tonight, he looked a bit lost in that midfield but he had a few flashes.

His best position is definitely in that no 10 though.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Instead of complaining about it ( and you have every right ), tells us what your plan B is when breaking down 10 men and rugby players because something ain't working.

I am no coach mate. What do i know? Can take what i'm saying with a pinch of salt but it's just my opinion. Since we came back and even before i think we habe looked very impotant in the cureent set up and i don't think it's a bad idea to change it up a bit so teams don't know how to play us.

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Hopefully that 2nd half is a means to kick on now, but we're still starting games far too slowly. 

The strange thing is that Alfie brought a decent save out the goalie early doors....I thought we would kick on and dominate...it then fell a bit flat for a good spell, not sure we can be too critical of a 2nd half which yielded 14/15 corners

70% possession, 16 goal attempts and 18 corners sugests we are probably doing the right thing. 

It's the taking of the opportunities ad scoring that we are failing at. 

Morelos is the only guy scoring goals, and he seems to be having no luck in past few games. 

We need to start getting our midfield to press early too and get goals.   That is our biggest failing, The tims took only 9 minutes to score tonight in what was a huge game for them.

Really puzzles why our management team which were two of the great goal-scoring midfield players cannot rectify this. 

6 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

playing the way we do then the responsibilty to create/score mainly falls on them.

Good post. 

Just now, gj923 said:

Its fair enough saying we won but despite spending  about 20M odd more than the junkies we relied on a loan from January to get us a narrow victory at home.

Is that not why this loan was brought in?  Too make the difference?

12 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

This. Kent is miles off his best form, and Aribo seems scared to take responsibility and often plays the easy return ball to avoid losing it.

We can also add Davis pinging long balls out for a goal kick continually, and players unable to keep the ball down when taking shots. It all adds up to a lack of real chances.

4 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Is that not why this loan was brought in?  Too make the difference?

against Hiv at home?

Certainly he was brought in for creativity but it doesnt mean we excuse the rest of the players we have spent a lot on

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Technically speaking Hagi is a loan but with an option to buy at 5M it is safe to say if he keeps performing like that we have ourselves a jewel at a bargain price.

Hagi has a long way to go to be worth £5m, but the signs are encouraging. He did lose the ball many times early on tonight, but at least he didn’t hide and seemed to grow into the game.

2 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Hagi has a long way to go to be worth £5m, but the signs are encouraging. He did lose the ball many times early on tonight, but at least he didn’t hide and seemed to grow into the game.

5M is a steal mate. That kid will go far in the game. Reminds me of his old man in many ways.

Archived