Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is a definition of insanity

Malkytfp1

8 minutes ago, gj923 said:

against Hiv at home?

Certainly he was brought in for creativity but it doesnt mean we excuse the rest of the players we have spent a lot on

Doesn’t matter who it was against, he was brought in to make the difference, first game, tight game, he made the difference. 

I hope he keeps making the difference. 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

And i'm delighted mate but lets be honest, we crawled over the line tonight. And we didn'r win against Hearts, or Aberdeen. 

Or...

We played a new CH, who scored. We played two players returning to fitness / from suspension. We played a new player in a largely free role. We probed, brought out great saves from their keeper, dominated and had umpteen corners. We showed our best form since the break, and a fair bit of bottle and resilience to break down another physical team.

Regardless. Its not insanity if its brought a different result, which it has.

Breaking these teams down no matter what formation you play is difficult.

But to do it you need to mix it up. Shoot from outside the box, get more back up inside the box.

A referee who gives fouls when all the opponent does is kick anything that moves.

Referees like tonight make beating these shocking teams much much harder.

Imagine being a manager and your tactic is 8 at the back and kick lumps out of the opponent. 

No wonder Scottish football is a mess.

25 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Instead of complaining about it ( and you have every right ), tells us what your plan B is when breaking down 10 men and rugby players because something ain't working.

I'd say employ refs that actually penalise rugby tackles, flying elbows etc.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Or...

We played a new CH, who scored. We played two players returning to fitness / from suspension. We played a new player in a largely free role. We probed, brought out great saves from their keeper, dominated and had umpteen corners. We showed our best form since the break, and a fair bit of bottle and resilience to break down another physical team.

Regardless. Its not insanity if its brought a different result, which it has.

Player effort and resilience was there tonight. Players looked like they were trying. As for 'great saves' i only recall one from Alfie after we were 1 up.

By all means, i'm no saying i'm right and it's.only my opinion, but if we didn't scrape that win tonight with a late goal do you think you would be saying we should stick with the same tacrics?

11 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Doesn’t matter who it was against, he was brought in to make the difference, first game, tight game, he made the difference. 

I hope he keeps making the difference. 

Kent was bought for 7M just saying

Would be great if he keeps making the difference but I think we need to wait until later in the season

19 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Player effort and resilience was there tonight. Players looked like they were trying. As for 'great saves' i only recall one from Alfie after we were 1 up.

By all means, i'm no saying i'm right and it's.only my opinion, but if we didn't scrape that win tonight with a late goal do you think you would be saying we should stick with the same tacrics?

Folk moan when folk aren't dropped, then moan when they are. They moan when others dont start, then moan they're shite when picked. Now its insanity to keep doing what we kept doing yet we won.

If Gerrard completely changed the system and personnel and we lost would you commend him for trying?

46 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The issue now is the form of Kent and Aribo.

playing the way we do then the responsibilty to create/score mainly falls on them.

They’re miles off it and when we needed a goal tonight both were subbed.

Totally agree.

Aribo has offered pretty much nothing for a good number of games now. Looked so promising earlier in the season but  his form has went out the window.

Kent has his moments but not nearly often enough. Which is frustrating as fuck because he has bags of talent. Is it a confidence thing with him?

Two guys who you're really looking to get on the ball and make something happen, they need to raise their game.

53 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

I though we played well in the second half and completely controlled the game tbh.

Someone said "many people are creaming themselves over our second half performance" . Maybe i just  dreamed ,we actually came back from one nil down with a new player being immense . If we can't be happy with that . What can we be happy with 

51 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The issue now is the form of Kent and Aribo.

playing the way we do then the responsibilty to create/score mainly falls on them.

They’re miles off it and when we needed a goal tonight both were subbed.

Add Borna to that too, hes lost that drive that took him by players, looks a stranger to Kent in their pedestrian link up. Aribo looks like he's got his boots on the wrong feet. 

And any one of the midfield could get dropped based on their performance in any given game.

Off form players imo are likely to improve by doing better what they know theyve done well already than trying something entirely different to what they know and have been doing all season.

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Someone said "many people are creaming themselves over our second half performance" . Maybe i just  dreamed ,we actually came back from one nil down with a new player being immense . If we can't be happy with that . What can we be happy with 

Folk are just happier being negative.

There's posters m.i.a on here tonight who would have been all over it if we dropped more points.

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Folk moan when folk aren't dropped, then moan when they are. They moan when others dont start, then moan they're shite when picked. Now its insanity to keep doing what we kept doing yet we won.

If Gerrard completely changed the system and personnel and we lost would you commend him for trying?

Was thinking of you tonight . You would have had your work cut recording  all the incidents in this one . In the Conspiracy thread .

Surely there was none went our way . I think it was astonishing we won that tbh

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

To come back from a goal down was brilliant,and second half we were excellent

the moans from the crowd first half were ridiculous

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Folk are just happier being negative.

There's posters m.i.a on here tonight who would have been all over it if we dropped more points.

Yeah i seen a few getting warmed up . Now faded back into the shadows :ohmy:

10 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Was thinking of you tonight . You would have had your work cut recording  all the incidents in this one . In the Conspiracy thread .

Surely there was none went our way . I think it was astonishing we won that tbh

Asked this on the other thread. 

Tonight, sheep at Ibrox,  scum at Hampden and their place. How many wrong significant decisions in our favour?  Any?

I can comfortably give 20 against.

Folk dont answer these questions and why when their view is it's just shite refs. Shite incompetence rarely if ever goes in our favour. We know why mate.

3 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

To come back from a goal down was brilliant,and second half we were excellent

the moans from the crowd first half were ridiculous

I think it was mostly the ref . Yet it was frustrating the first half . We bossed it second 

Hivs were our bogey team few years ago . I'm very happy we have now won 4 in a row against them 

38 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Breaking these teams down no matter what formation you play is difficult.

But to do it you need to mix it up. Shoot from outside the box, get more back up inside the box.

A referee who gives fouls when all the opponent does is kick anything that moves.

Referees like tonight make beating these shocking teams much much harder.

Imagine being a manager and your tactic is 8 at the back and kick lumps out of the opponent. 

No wonder Scottish football is a mess.

And Gerrard shook the ref's hand 🤯

He still hasn't figured out how the game is controlled up here!

I don't know if it's purely the tactics or instructions but the biggest issue I see is us not passing the ball quickly enough. Too laboured, then teams get organised and we chuck it into the box.

If the midfield could break the lines quicker with being more brave with their passing we'd see the likes of Alfie and Kent being utilised more. 

Too many wrong passes are made in my opinion. Our defenders are more positive in their passing than most of our midfield.

10 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Yes we won, but we have been terrible since we came back from the break. We have went from a position of strength to a position of last chance and somethings gotta give.

The taigs were poor and reacted by switching to a 3-5-2 and they are unfortunately flying now whilst we have been extremely poor and have not reacted. We should have a backup plan, a system to change to when our current tactics are failing and they are. The late winner was paper over the cracks tonight. 

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Asked this on the other thread. 

Tonight, sheep at Ibrox,  scum at Hampden and their place. How many wrong significant decisions in our favour?  Any?

I can comfortably give 20 against.

Folk dont answer these questions and why when their view if it's just shite refs. Shite incompetence rarely if ever goes in our favour. We know why mate.

Dead on . Like you said . Not one decision in all those games going in our favour . That i can recall .

All massive games too. 

Astounding 

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I think it was mostly the ref . Yet it was frustrating the first half . We bossed it second 

Hivs were our bogey team few years ago . I'm very happy we have now won 4 in a row against them 

Think we drew with them three times last season. Hearts are our bogey team this season probably

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

Yes we won, but we have been terrible since we came back from the break. We have went from a position of strength to a position of last chance and somethings gotta give.

The taigs were poor and reacted by switching to a 3-5-2 and they are unfortunately flying now whilst we have been extremely poor and have not reacted. We should have a backup plan, a system to change to when our current tactics are failing and they are. The late winner was paper over the cracks tonight. 

That is just too harsh for me . I'm a moan at the best of times but have a beer tonight . Enjoy a good win 

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

So we go to 352 and drop points at this stage of the season are you commending Gerrard for trying something new?

On 29th Dec were you criticising a lack of a plan B?

Archived