CB Pairing

Leeds_Bear

I know Edmundson scored but I would have Katic back in.

Edmundson didn’t seem assured tonight, doesn’t seem to read the game as well as Katic. Was a big hoof out quite a few times where more composure was required. 

Like the boy just and think he has a future. Katic though for me. 

Goldson was immense though, distribution and positioning brilliant. Even though we’ve been shit, he’s been really good since the start of the year.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm (maybe wrongly) often Goldson's biggest critic but i think he has been one of the few since the winter break who has been solid.

Thought Edmunson looked good tonight. His passing, albeit mostly short,, was crisp and didnt slow the game down.

Katic seems to be a scapegoat for Gerrard. Others say he has been a bit pish lately but i've no seen it that way.

Think Katic suffers from not being the best baller which Gerrard seems to lile from his CB's.

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Goldson ball watching for the Hibs goal is being ignored.

Yeah calamitous goal really. Shagger should be staying on his line and Goldson/Others should be attacking the ball. Lost a few like that this season. 

1 minute ago, Essandoh said:

Must’ve been watching a different game from me. Asides from that shanner of a pass to Barisic, I thought he strolled it. Great finish.

Just didn’t feel as confident for some reason, reminds me of Katic 18months ago - all round decent but can  be quite rash at times.

2 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Must’ve been watching a different game from me. Asides from that shanner of a pass to Barisic, I thought he strolled it. Great finish.

Exactly what I was going to write, that bad pass was his only fault tonight for me.

10 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I know Edmundson scored but I would have Katic back in.

Edmundson didn’t seem assured tonight, doesn’t seem to read the game as well as Katic. Was a big hoof out quite a few times where more composure was required. 

Like the boy just and think he has a future. Katic though for me. 

Goldson was immense though, distribution and positioning brilliant. Even though we’ve been shit, he’s been really good since the start of the year.

Couldn't disagree more. I though Edmundson was outstanding, 100% assured and always communicating and Goldson hasn't put a foot wrong in months.

Edmundson looks like he’s got a bit of everything and should be a cracker in a year or so. His mid-range passing is superb for a centre half. Katic still my preferred option but his form has been shaky last few weeks, and his already suspect distribution hasn’t been helped by that midden of a pitch.

11 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I'm (maybe wrongly) often Goldson's biggest critic but i think he has been one of the few since the winter break who has been solid.

Thought Edmunson looked good tonight. His passing, albeit mostly short,, was crisp and didnt slow the game down.

Katic seems to be a scapegoat for Gerrard. Others say he has been a bit pish lately but i've no seen it that way.

Think Katic suffers from not being the best baller which Gerrard seems to lile from his CB's.

Likewise. Goldson did look good tonight, but for me he holds onto the ball too long coming forward. He did look comfortable enough, but I wouldn't like him holding onto it so long against the scum. 

Gerrard does have and issue with Katic and I dont know why and I wish to fuck he didn't.

One thing i do love about Goldson is every time we score a goal, no matter where he is on the pitch he bursts his arse to be the first one there to celebrate.

Seems like he gets it and it means something to him which is something we have needed for a while.

Katic became a liability on Saturday because the sheep told Cosgrove to sit on Goldson and allow Katic to have the ball, he would either pass it sideways or make a complete cunt of it so for once I agreed with Gerrard dropping him.

Thought Edmundson was solid tonight and should retain his place IMO.

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

But he was dropped, and he did cost what clearly should have been a goal. He lost his jersey and his replacement did very well.

He’d been solid up until that point and it wasn’t a goal. We should drop McGregor by that logic. Just my opinion anyway. 

Archived