Kent looks like a donkey right now!

superallysbears

10 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

No body is saying he is shite, but he shouldn’t be starting in the form he is in. 

It probably says more about the options to replace him than how good/bad Kent is playing!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has he ever been brought down for a penalty?

Can’t think of one recently, anyway.

Seems to want to dribble up to the box, then shift it some other way, often backwards!

Or belt a cross out for a throw in.

Need him bursting directly into the box, then let’s see what happens!

Just now, HG5 said:

Has he ever been brought down for a penalty?

Can’t think of one recently, anyway.

Seems to want to dribble up to the box, then shift it some other way, often backwards!

Or belt a cross out for a throw in.

Need him bursting directly into the box, then let’s see what happens!

Penalty?? Last night but the cheating bald cunt didn’t give it. 

10 hours ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Been played out of position imo.

Possibly, but he seems to drift around a lot, which must make it hard for teammates to know where to find him.

Same applies to a few players, too.

Ok having movement to disrupt the oppo defence, but I can’t help thinking it disrupts us, too!

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Aye mate, watched it again this morning. Penalty all day long no idea what Madden thought he saw. 

Right - I wasn’t sure at the time.

Was he not picking it up on the half turn, when he got caught - that’s the incident I’m picturing?

Very interesting that folk think he’s an out and out winger when for me he is anything but. 
He always looks at his best running the channels and cutting in towards the centre, he isn’t helped in that job by a failing midfield not going beyond him. His goal at ScumFC is exactly where I want to see Kent. 

10 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He was running across the box and the defender simply put his leg across him. 

Right, think I’m thinking of another ‘coming together’.

Anyway, that’s what I’m after more of from him - they have to give SOME of them!

20 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Very interesting that folk think he’s an out and out winger when for me he is anything but. 
He always looks at his best running the channels and cutting in towards the centre, he isn’t helped in that job by a failing midfield not going beyond him. His goal at ScumFC is exactly where I want to see Kent. 

I agree he is anything but an out and out winger. He often makes intelligent runs that others either don't see or aren't quick enough to react to. Morelas could have squared it to him in the first few minutes last night but chose to shoot (same against the sheep). Many on the way out last night were wetting themselves over Hagi but without the goal, he and Kent performed similarly. Let's wait until Hagi has a couple of ordinary games and our lot will have him on the first bus to the East End car washes.

11 minutes ago, Flatcap said:

I agree he is anything but an out and out winger. He often makes intelligent runs that others either don't see or aren't quick enough to react to. Morelas could have squared it to him in the first few minutes last night but chose to shoot (same against the sheep). Many on the way out last night were wetting themselves over Hagi but without the goal, he and Kent performed similarly. Let's wait until Hagi has a couple of ordinary games and our lot will have him on the first bus to the East End car washes.

Last part mate is never truer, but that’s the life of a Rangers players you are either the greatest or dugshite. 😂😂

11 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Still to register an assist in the league. 

He’s not delivered enough this season, particularly given his price tag but he has scored at Easter Road, Tynecastle & the Piggery which is something we’ve also lacked the last few seasons. 

Really wish he would use his pace/movement to stretch teams rather than coming deep and playing in front of a packed defence 

7 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

Going far too deep to get the ball. Needs to get back to doing what he does well and stop trying to carry the team on his own. Gerrard needs to have a word with him.

Against Hearts he picked the ball up deep in our own half, ran about 70 yards before laying it off to Barisic, then got in to the box for the goal.  I’ve no problem with Kent doing what he does.  He’s got 6 league goals this season and will probably finish with 10+ for the season which isn’t bad.  

I think having Hagi next to him will help him a lot.  Opposition teams were man marking and doubling up on Kent at times.  With Hagi in the team I think Kent will find more space and better service rather having to do it all himself.

1 hour ago, The Blues said:

Whole team is off form apart from Goldson,,Barisic,George and Hagi. I would have included McGregor but that was some howler last night.

Worst thing about McGregor is that after watching that goal back it looks as if he’s playing for a fucking foul

Archived