Arfield

fernando0606

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, fernando0606 said:

He is absolutely hopeless right now, he is unbelievably slow not only in terms of pace but his decision making.

Takes an age to shoot and his shots often get blocked.

Not sure what his best position is and maybe the formation doesn't help him but he cant stay in the team just because he runs a lot.

Been better than Davis, Kamara, Jack and Aribo since the winter break IMO. Not that this means he’s been good. 

Easy target, when there’s others that don’t put half the graft or take haft the responsibility he does. 

I think his best position doesn't suit our set up, same with aribo. 

Neither are wide players in a 3, arfield  isn't comfortable in a flat 3 in the middle. I see them both as players that would suit playing the role behind the striker. There's the talk we don't play with wide players, and with Kent we play 2 no10s, but 9 times out of 10 the starting position is wide of a 3 and its not natural for them. 

We changed it a bit last night maybe more to suit hagi but for me just showed arfield simply  isn't good enough to start games in our system 

5 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

Not a good enough player to be in that midfield 3, think he’s best as a 10 but he’s got no chance now Hagis here. 

With Aribo shifting to CM and Jack coming back I imagine he’ll be out the side for a little while 

Arirbo was absolute dung last night, as he is most games. Decision making is pish..  Couldn't batter a fish supper. He's got the ojo in him and no mojo. A blue eye that needs well dropped. 

10 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I think this will be his last season with us tbh

He’s still got another couple of years on his contract doesn’t he? Think we’d struggle to get any takers for him with the wages he’s probably on coming from the EPL. Hope he comes good but if not I think we’ll be stuck with him unless we pay him off.

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Much much more effective than davis who seems to get a free pass every game no matter how pish he is 

Id love to see jack sitting, hagi and arfield as advancing mids with kent and aribo as wingers, fuck this overlapping fullback stuff as teams have sussed it

5 attacking players, 1 sitting, 4 defenders covering 1 CF?

People say a narrative and it tends to stick on here. Granted, Arfield was not very good in Aug - Nov. But he has actually been one of the few good performers so far in 2020 and that is what should be talked about, not the past.

On a side note, his header into the box last night leading to the goal was a carbon copy to his header for a recent Defoe goal.

He is not great at shooting from distance but neither is Davis, Aribo, Kamara and Jack to a lesser extent.

26 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

5 attacking players, 1 sitting, 4 defenders covering 1 CF?

Clearly the fullbacks provide support but they dont be the main attacking threat out wide, they press up and support the winger, play 1-2's to get the winger in behind etc 

9 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Clearly the fullbacks provide support but they dont be the main attacking threat out wide, they press up and support the winger, play 1-2's to get the winger in behind etc 

Our full backs are our best assisters with 24. Kent and Aribo have more goals combined than assists. Seems like a helluva gamble compared to say building onto what Hagi provided us with last night. Successfully.

If we went from winning to losing because of a change of formation and system such as this then the league is over and folk would call for Gerrards head. Likely you would too. 

Would be mental on his part to remotely contemplate it.

37 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Our full backs are our best assisters with 24. Kent and Aribo have more goals combined than assists. Seems like a helluva gamble compared to say building onto what Hagi provided us with last night. Successfully.

If we went from winning to losing because of a change of formation and system such as this then the league is over and folk would call for Gerrards head. Likely you would too. 

Would be mental on his part to remotely contemplate it.

And yet we sit 7 points off the top of the league, a vastly inferior GD to the tarriers who have no issue opening up teams with ease

4 goals from open play in 5 league games is a shite stat, teams seem to have us pegged everytime we have the ball, whats so frightening about changing it up, surely you cant be happy watching us toil at home to hibs, aberdeen, county and st mirren

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

And yet we sit 7 points off the top of the league, a vastly inferior GD to the tarriers who have no issue opening up teams with ease

4 goals from open play in 5 league games is a shite stat, teams seem to have us pegged everytime we have the ball, whats so frightening about changing it up, surely you cant be happy watching us toil at home to hibs, aberdeen, county and st mirren

We introduced Hagi, seemed to tweak it slightly, and won. Something to build on there.

By contrast we could introduce a new formation for the full squad,  withdraw our 2 key assisters for 2 lesser ones, and have less players in advanced positions. By the looks of it to have Kent and Aribo hit the bye line rather than Borna and Tav.

I'm not saying it wouldnt work. I'm saying the risk of him doing it rather than building on a lesser tweak is madness at this stage of the season if it goes wrong.

7 points behind, game in hand, league still in our hands and all that.

Now that Tav and Morelos are back and with the introduction of Hagi, we are one player away from having a really strong starting 11 and that player sd Ryan Jack. So even though I think Arfield has been good lately, he probably sits when we are at full strength.

Archived