Supporters at Ibrox

graeme_4

47 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

I don't usually care about people leaving early but the amount of people piling out on 75minutes or even before last night was mental.

Then they missed the winning goal and the celebrations that followed. Therefore they missed having their mood lifted and went home scunnered. They'll turn up scunnered to the next game because they haven't seen their team win for ages and when we're still drawing on the hour mark looking for the winner they'll fuck off early again  to continue the cycle. It's like a self fulfilling prophecy.

Imagine playing in a team that isn't on top form desperately trying to win a game only to look up and to see the stands half empty. That would make your head go down.

All together now the cry is no surrender, until 15 minutes to go

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There’s only so much shite one support can take! We’ve done fuck all for 10 years, despite phenomenal support from us home, away & abroad! However, here we are again at the business end of the season & we’re being offered up the same regurgitated pish we’ve seen before!

Had the team turned up following the break, Ibrox would have been rocking last night! Instead we’ve thrown away all the good work in December & were 10 minutes away from the season being finished last night.

I think the support are more than entitled to let this group of players know what they’ve offered up since the break is simply not acceptable. 

While i respect that our players have delivered some unacceptable performances, I always consider that most of our opponents will tell us pre-match that their game plan is to frustrate the crowd and have us turn on our players, so in that respect it's always annoying to hear people shouting abuse at any of our players. I've been to games vs the sheep were McInnes has said this was his plan prior to kick off and a lot of people in our support executed flawlessly for him, but of course they shoulder no responsibility when points are then dropped despite the fact we are literally carrying out the opposition game plan for them. Surprisingly, there are other ways to inspire a player to perform better other than calling him a fucking clown.

Absolutely. Some right fucking idiots go to the football that seem to do nothing but bleed their bile onto their own team, far more viciously than towards the opposition. It's pretty disgusting the way some behave towards the team they claim to love, often from the first minutes.

There's a few near me red faced and veins bulging within minutes of kickoff. You're left wondering why they come to the football when it makes them feel like that. Why bother?

And while I'm greeting, there's always 100s, sometimes 1000s of empty seats. There's numerous ways to pass your seat on to a needy Bear. There's no excuse for this. So much for pulling in the same direction.

Tin hat on , the songs are shite to , we’ve fell into only the ub can start songs , I know that isn’t the case but it’s just became that way , after we scored  the second goal last night , follow follow Glasgow Rangers started , no bite to it whatsoever , Derry’s walls should have been the song all day long and the full stadium would have belter it out 

This support are desperate to win the league.  We want to stop celtic doing the 9. The lack of major silverware stretches back almost a decade.  There’s a huge amount of pressure and the expectation at this club - There always has been.  Every manager and player who signs a contract for Rangers should come in with their eyes open.  We want to win every game we play.  Is that unreasonable?  Yeah, but it’s not going to change.

The points dropped against Hearts and Aberdeen have been a disaster.  The we go go a goal down against Hibs and if we don’t come back to win the game our league season is over.  Hardly surprising the fans get angry when sitting witnessing this.

Gerrard said himself, the team have put pressure on themselves with recent results.  It’s up to them to get their shot together.  

It's went really bad for a reason, that second half last night was the best 45 minutes of football we've played in 5 games at Ibrox since the break,there's lots of encouragement when players are making the right passes and moving in the proper areas. 

I said it before the game yesterday if we'd started another game poorly and went behind it'll turn venomous rather quickly, and it did, but once we got the thumb out and started playing with a bit of cohesion it picked up, it works both ways. 

One thing I have noticed since the break however is the increasing stream of people leaving on the 75th minute, it's a red neck. 

1 minute ago, Burnbank Derry said:

If we hadn't scored right on half time last night we would not have won. The team would have got Pelter's going off and we would have been lucky to get a draw.

The boos would have come from all around as we knew this game was the league hanging in the balance.

Same goes for the early leavers where we had under ten minutes to salvage the season and they get up and go and it’s not just the old and the workers who is leaving.

So much for the Dunkirk spirit and the No Surrender attitude as these supporters are capitulating but maybe we need earlier kick offs, 715 or 730?

The only ones trying last night in the first half was the UB whereas it was a total library from the rest apart from the moaning.

If this continues it could kill the season but I do think the club could do more even getting the ht draw and broxi around to a different stand each match. The music is also shit and far too low in terms of volume. 

Maybe we need to go all American style and employ staff 📣 to try engage the crowd into singing, move the UB to the corner opposite of the away support or give us a standing section, and bring back the cheerleaders👯‍♀️👯‍♀️👯‍♀️👯‍♀️

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

And while I'm greeting, there's always 100s, sometimes 1000s of empty seats. There's numerous ways to pass your seat on to a needy Bear. There's no excuse for this. So much for pulling in the same direction.

They way the fans have pumped money in to this club since 2012 has been unreal.  Even in the lower divisions we had the some of the biggest attendances in Britain.  This, despite years of incompetent managers, shite players, and financial mismanagement off the pitch.  The fans have been phenomenal and it’s the club who have let us down more often than not.

1 hour ago, fanaticCR said:

Ibrox is an absolute shambles these days, it’s full of greeting faced cunts who love nothing more than to get on players backs.

Gerrard has even mentioned the fact he needs the crowd with them for certain home games this year, stuff like that shouldn’t need to be said.

No point even starting on the subway loyal, fucking embarrassing. 

I used to drive up from Luton for matches. Not a short trip. The idea of people getting up to leave with time still to be played has always amazed me. Never seen it anywhere else.

6 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Tin hat on , the songs are shite to , we’ve fell into only the ub can start songs , I know that isn’t the case but it’s just became that way , after we scored  the second goal last night , follow follow Glasgow Rangers started , no bite to it whatsoever , Derry’s walls should have been the song all day long and the full stadium would have belter it out 

We need a minor edited version of TBB back in my opinion but again we’ve fkn surrendered it as some of the stubborn won’t budge on the odd offensive word 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, TMB said:

They way the fans have pumped money in to this club since 2012 has been unreal.  Even in the lower divisions we had the some of the biggest attendances in Britain.  This, despite years of incompetent managers, shite players, and financial mismanagement off the pitch.  The fans have been phenomenal and it’s the club who have let us down more often than not.

these phenomenal fans were absolutely silent last night during the first half and many many games prior to this 

8 minutes ago, TMB said:

Nobody denies that. Doesn't mean we shouldn't always be looking to pull in the same direction and looking out for each other. Or should we just lie back and rest on the plaudits of what we did in previous years, job done for us? Is it fuck. It all still matters, and we all still need to do our bit, whether it's supporting the team, putting cash into the club where we can or making sure we fill the ground when we've got a 15k waiting list. Basic, easy to solve things like 1000s of empty seats is inexcusable given the demand.

We're not immune from criticism because of past dedication. 

4 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

these phenomenal fans were absolutely silent last night during the first half and many many games prior to this 

Correct.   This is not about bums on seats.  It is about getting behind the team.   We could have 100000 in each week if the stadium was big enough but it wouldn’t make a good atmosphere if everyone moaned or sat in silence.   

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

I agree in the most part but the players have to step up somewhere along the line as well. 
I always do my best to support the team but last night we were 1-0 down and for the 4th time in the first half Davis clipped the ball out for a goal kick, the fans have every right to have a go at absolute amateur stuff like that. 

The fans then responded brilliantly to Hagi in the second half because he was positive, hardly played a sideways pass and generally drove forward every time he had the ball. 

It works both ways sometimes

Stop talking sense you. 

1 hour ago, Valance1690 said:

Would say the way we play on the park & how we have played since Warburtons time influences the atmosphere

It's usually decent before the game starts but watching your team pass from side to side for 25 minutes then pass it out of play completely kills the atmosphere. We had 1 shot on target last night in the first 30 minutes.

That being said, cunts who scream at players after 1 or 2 mistakes are idiots.

It’s shite regardless. Done well against Porto and Young Boys and it was rotten. Pumped Aberdeen 5-0, same with Hamilton to go too, Hibs 6-0 all good performances, still shite atmosphere.

8 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

We need a minor edited version of TBB back in my opinion but again we’ve fkn surrendered it as some of the stubborn won’t budge on the odd offensive word 🤷‍♂️

Sing the normal version.

1 hour ago, Falcoholic said:

Then they missed the winning goal and the celebrations that followed. Therefore they missed having their mood lifted and went home scunnered. They'll turn up scunnered to the next game because they haven't seen their team win for ages and when we're still drawing on the hour mark looking for the winner they'll fuck off early again  to continue the cycle. It's like a self fulfilling prophecy.

Imagine playing in a team that isn't on top form desperately trying to win a game only to look up and to see the stands half empty. That would make your head go down.

All together now the cry is no surrender, until 15 minutes to go

How would they go home scunnered are they not allowed to know the score once they leave. 

That team like every other team knows the score, play shite and the fans get on your back, when it’s all going great isn’t the time you find out who is up for the job, it’s when things aren’t going great that you find out what a team is made of. 

Yet all those scunnered folk you moan about are still there at the next game and the next game and the next game and pay their hard earned season after season without fail when the team have gave us nothing to cheer about or put in that Trophy Room  

So just maybe they have every right to be scunnered  

23 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

They pay their money, they can react whatever way they feel like and leave whenever they want. What's the problem with that??

That’s the whole point, they can do what they like, but it’s counter productive to the success of the team they support,

13 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Think my Hagi song will make a difference at Livingston game tbh.

As good as a goal start mate, when Davis hears it it’s going to dawn on him his clipped balls over the top have been shite and he’s going keep it on the deck and simply play the ball quicker and with more accuracy. 

Archived