Will Never Forget Hagi's Goal

RockwellGers

It's not good to get carried away with a player who we've only seen play for one full game, but it can't be denied that the signs are good. I noted a lot of quick and smart touches from him, some creative moves he tried to initiate that didn't quite come off but were good ideas. I also saw him running at players and he looks fast and strong along with the intelligence. I think he was also rallying players which is mad considering his age, experience and time at the club so far.

I'm not getting carried away as I say, we will see how he fares. Regardless, how fitting that he scored the winner when we were about to drop points. An explosive moment, a wonderful finish. It was a brilliant moment and I have been happily reliving/rewatching it since. He turned my night into a great night with that, one of these things that makes supporting your club so good. The guy came in when the chips are/were down and we needed a lift. He came in with expectation on his shoulders and a fanbase in dire need of a shot in the arm (not the Hibs kind). We seldom see players make an impact that quickly and make good on that expectation.

I know it's only Hibs at home, and we are behind with it all to do and we gave them the initiative again, but for me this was a fucking great goal and an unforgettable moment.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Will take a lot of pressure off of Kent and even free up space for him due to players not being able to double up. Looks like a great bit of business. 

78 rating in Fifa so he must be good imo 

Yep looks like a great signing for all kinds of reasons. Something about him suggests he's got leadership qualities and can affect those around him positively

2 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Has a big name to live up to and he seems like he could get to the top of the game.

I'm still a bit shocked that we managed to get this boy in the January window.  

Does anyone know how much they want for him? We apparently have first choice on him...

5m

3 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Has a big name to live up to and he seems like he could get to the top of the game.

Does anyone know how much they want for him? We apparently have first choice on him...

5 million mate 😎

2 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Genk got him for about £4m. Apparently Steaua Bucharest's owner said he will be worth about £100m in about 2 years... That might be a bit mental but he does look to have massive potential. At this stage there shouldn't be any question about signing him up properly IMO

34 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

It's not good to get carried away with a player who we've only seen play for one full game, but it can't be denied that the signs are good. I noted a lot of quick and smart touches from him, some creative moves he tried to initiate that didn't quite come off but were good ideas. I also saw him running at players and he looks fast and strong along with the intelligence. I think he was also rallying players which is mad considering his age, experience and time at the club so far.

I'm not getting carried away as I say, we will see how he fares. Regardless, how fitting that he scored the winner when we were about to drop points. An explosive moment, a wonderful finish. It was a brilliant moment and I have been happily reliving/rewatching it since. He turned my night into a great night with that, one of these things that makes supporting your club so good. The guy came in when the chips are/were down and we needed a lift. He came in with expectation on his shoulders and a fanbase in dire need of a shot in the arm (not the Hibs kind). We seldom see players make an impact that quickly and make good on that expectation.

I know it's only Hibs at home, and we are behind with it all to do and we gave them the initiative again, but for me this was a fucking great goal and an unforgettable moment.

Alan McLaren "Welcome tae Ibrox son"😁

I'm over 50 and that goal had me jumping around my living room like a daft wee boy. Before he scored I was nearly greeting to my missus as I thought we had definetly fucked our chance of winning the league. So I was over the fucking moon and hopefully it's the first of many for young hagi.

6 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

I'm over 50 and that goal had me jumping around my living room like a daft wee boy. Before he scored I was nearly greeting to my missus as I thought we had definetly fucked our chance of winning the league. So I was over the fucking moon and hopefully it's the first of many for young hagi.

That's it mate, it's a combination of a last gasp goal when all looks lost, and our new boy with all the expectation saving the day with an absolute stunner on his debut. I had my head in my hands not quite watching the screen before that goal as well haha

24 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

Same. Couldn't even celebrate the equaliser. Certainly celebrated Hagi's

53 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Will take a lot of pressure off of Kent and even free up space for him due to players not being able to double up. Looks like a great bit of business. 

78 rating in Fifa so he must be good imo 

This. Never actually thought about this but it's a great point as Kent is always doubled up on, sometimes even trebled up on.

It was a brilliant finish.  Put the ball straight across goal right in to the corner.  More difficult to execute than it looked.  If he didn’t score that our league challenge would be over.

Hopefully having him takes pressure off Kent and Morelos.  A very exciting front three.  

Archived