Souness On His Way Back?

Blue Avenger

Just now, Canabear said:

That is very true but with names like SG and Souness involved would you invest in something with those names involved and a chance to profit from your investment using those two names?

Business plan is all that matters, would you invest in anything being run by Robertson. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

He's a Rangers football hero, but chairman? What does he know about heading up a multi million pound business with hundreds of staff, thousands of shareholders and a world wide brand - or have I missed him being chairman of IBM for the last ten years?

We made walter chairman did we not as well

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Business plan is all that matters, would you invest in anything being run by Robertson. 

No i wouldn't for sure but if Souness came in with someone who did have a solid business plan you'd foolish not to look at it seriously imo.

1 hour ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

He's a Rangers football hero, but chairman? What does he know about heading up a multi million pound business with hundreds of staff, thousands of shareholders and a world wide brand - or have I missed him being chairman of IBM for the last ten years?

Stop talking sense for Christ sake!!:lol:

3 minutes ago, BookWorm said:

Couldn't do a worse job than traynor and would not take all the crap. Was not seriously suggesting that he would be the new pr guy though.

He would take all the crap the media would dance rings around him. 
We need someone or company that gets out in front of the shite we have to put up with. 

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You think the club are going to change decades of practice because Souness comes back as chairman. 

Good luck with that. 

You are real negative oddball. Ive been on here for around 10 years, you’re always looking for a negative point in almost every thread. 
odd guy

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

We need someone or company that gets out in front of the shite we have to put up with. 

Totally agree re hiring a better pr company than Traynors.

That has been a fuckin joke right from the off.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We need the business brain in then we can think about the faces. 

No we don't we need figurehead with business people around them and Souness would be the figurehead.  Never forget the way he left us but by f*ck he'd take no shit from press, SFA or any other cnut so get him back now.

Business plan ?  Its about attracting sponsors and having a brand sponsors want to be seen to associate with.

You need faces that can network and press the flesh, this isnt fucking manufacturing or a service company fffs.

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So you want him there as a Match Day host, because honestly that’s all ex players/Legends are good for on the whole. 

Souness has tons of money and business connections. I think he would represent a little more that a match day host. But his presence around the club would be magnificent. if there is any truth to the rumour, it's a no-brainer.

Just now, corkinator said:

You are real negative oddball. Ive been on here for around 10 years, you’re always looking for a negative point in almost every thread. 
odd guy

Well tell me what he can do?? 
He isn't chairman material, he has no experience in PR. So the 2 things we most need he can’t do. 
So if you are just looking for another ambassador in the mould of Gough, Hateley & Johnstone then fill your boots. 
But if you think he will change the negative press or  fight our corner at Hampden you’re deluded. 

But no I’m a weird one for pointing out the  obvious. 

4 minutes ago, BallochBear said:

No we don't we need figurehead with business people around them and Souness would be the figurehead.  Never forget the way he left us but by f*ck he'd take no shit from press, SFA or any other cnut so get him back now.

So exactly what I said then, ffs. 

2 hours ago, Inigo said:

Employ him as a bogey man. Put the fear into players that if you're shite you'll be going for a meeting with Souness.

Watched him taking apart (I think Patrice Ezra) on Sky pundits half time bit last week.  Roy Keane (I know :wanker:) was was sitting back pissing himself laughing.  Even in football discussion he was laser focussed and aggressive.  

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Watched him taking apart (I think Patrice Ezra) on Sky pundits half time bit last week.  Roy Keane (I know :wanker:) was was sitting back pissing himself laughing.  Even in football discussion he was laser focussed and aggressive.  

Something he can do and does it very well. 

20 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Just anyone with a bit of fight would be a vast improvement.

Archived