Souness On His Way Back?

Blue Avenger

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

Souness fucked off wie 3 games to go in a season. If it wasn’t for Walter we wouldn’t have seen 3, never mind 9 in a row. 

souness is a hero but fuck knows why.

There would have been no revolution, no SDM, no Walter and no 9 in a row.

1 hour ago, Junior Soprano said:

Souness fucked off wie 3 games to go in a season. If it wasn’t for Walter we wouldn’t have seen 3, never mind 9 in a row. 

Walters the hero 

7 hours ago, Junior Soprano said:

6 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Walters the hero 

It’s obvious why he’s a hero, but he owes Walter a huge debt in that - if he hadn’t taken us to three in a row, history would judge Souness differently.

8 hours ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Mate , as  far as im aware the liverpool support are not over the fact he sold the story after his his heart op  to the Sun.  Tbh never underesood why dalglish is thought of head and shoulders above souness during their golden period.  Dalglish (although tough) needed Souness , a bit like Man U needed Keane

Souness went to anfield and broke down everything that was sacred. Their boot room was the first to go - and over and above that he never cut it as a top EPL manager. He admits now that he shouldn't have departed Rangers - but mibe he would never have been given the lfc opportunity again. 

Souness left to go to the only club he had a bigger emotional attachment to than he had to us. He was never turning down that job, 3 games to go or not. Remember it well and it left a bitter taste, for sure (😛), but time heals.

Looking back on it, Souness was brilliant for us. No other word for it. Given all this, and that he's said it was a mistake to leave when he did, and that he's almost always fought our corner, he can have some slack for a few big mistakes. Walter is the hero, but Souness is a massive part of the fabric of the club as well. Souness is welcome back.

4 hours ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Souness went to anfield and broke down everything that was sacred. Their boot room was the first to go - and over and above that he never cut it as a top EPL manager. He admits now that he shouldn't have departed Rangers - but mibe he would never have been given the lfc opportunity again. 

Liverpool were a bit of a basket case when he took over and he himself admits he tried to change stuff to quickly. Right guy wrong time imo 

43 minutes ago, SuperPapac05 said:

I'll take anyone who'll put the BBC, the Tarriers, SNP, and the mhedia in their fucking place. 

I don’t ever remember him standing up for us in our lowest ebb. In fact he said we took our medicine along they lines.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Souness left to go to the only club he had a bigger emotional attachment to than he had to us. He was never turning down that job, 3 games to go or not. Remember it well and it left a bitter taste, for sure but time heals.

I remember that well - I worked with a load of Liverpool supporters at the time .. I must have given them all sorts of grief right through to the start of the next season !!

Archived