Michael Beale called out Clancy

doc holliday

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

As did Gerrard at Hibs. Time & a place, and after Beale being sent off at the Giro, certainly wasn’t a wise move for SG to get involved. Just like Walter holding back Ally from getting involved in a fight between TLB & Diouf.

Well you missed the point of my post. 

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

A think brake is very clever. He’s highlighted why he was banned but in doing so had put the topic out there and opened a forum for discussion. 

Well played Mr Beale 👏👏👏👏

Yeah , he has played a blinder here . 

Is there some Traynor PR war being waged with stories like this being drip fed ?. 

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Take it you missed all the times Walter went Tonto on the sidelines wanting to punch some cunts lights out. 

Nope he was a mental case but when it mattered in the bigger games I always thought Walter handled himself in a good fashion.

you are right though he was one scary bastard when he got started 

6 minutes ago, GazzasOrangeFlute said:

Nope he was a mental case but when it mattered in the bigger games I always thought Walter handled himself in a good fashion.

you are right though he was one scary bastard when he got started 

Walter never once faced officiating like we have seen in recent seasons

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Walter never once faced officiating like we have seen in recent seasons

I know mate the Scottish game needs and wants celtic to win the league.

The Refs are arseholes and cheating bastards. 

Would love to see some stats of the yellows/reds Rangers have received from Clancy compared to that lot.

2 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

No doubt about it mate. It was still nice to see Beale do what he did. Worth the ban and sends a message.  Now if we only had a board that would back him. 

If the board made any kind of statement against the referees the club would be hit with sanctions and fines.  We’ve already been through this.  

4 hours ago, magic8ball said:

Correct, even easier for the ref to make a 50/50 call against us when he knows he isn't going to get greif for it 

For me it's the 50/50s that are constantly going against us. 

The penalty at pittodrie that we didn't get, ref at full speed will think its maybe inside the box, calls it safe by giving a free kick. 

The goal in Cup final, the linesman knew it was close, calls it safe by allowing the goal. 

Then all the calls at the piggery on all 50/50s. I don't include their penalty in that, that's a different situation, it was a foul but one of those fouls that almost never gets given, that was a 100pc favour from that Fenian bastard Clancy. If it was his way of setting a standard he needed to give us a couple too 

I agree with your post mate, but the off side was not close IMO, it was from a free kick, not moving play and they were three of the bastards off side. :headwall:

4 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

By who mate? I don’t remember Gerrard saying too much shit about the refs. 

"It seems like the world is against us today," Gerrard said. "But we'll make sure we get better for that because it looks like some more decisions will go against us as the season goes on.

"We need to try and use it to our advantage. It's not just today, I believe it's been happening for seasons. That's just my opinion.

"I thought we were excellent for 93 minutes. Unfortunately, we have then conceded a goal.

"But I thought we were better than Aberdeen with 11 men and better than them with 10. We looked like the team with all the ideas. Anyone in this stadium or watching on Sky will know we are a better team than Aberdeen."

Gerrard said Aberdeen defender Scott McKenna provoked Morelos into kicking out at him off the ball in the first half, though he admitted the Colombian was wrong to react.

"When you react like that, you leave officials with decisions to make, so we'll speak to him about the part he has played in it," Gerrard said. "But we feel hard done by because we felt he was provoked twice with violent barges from McKenna.

"No way in the world was his kick out violent. So we didn't think he deserved a red. At the same time, with the penalty, there was no attempt to play the ball. So it's beyond me how a card can't be shown for that situation.

"Are opponents deliberately trying to wind Alfredo up? Possibly. So he needs to learn and be ready for that. I can't prove that's the case but [after seeing] two violent barges by McKenna, it seems people are out to wind him up, yeah.

"What's disappointing from our point of view is that the whole incident was two or three seconds but the assistant only saw one second of it.

"So he sees Alfredo's instant in one second but not the two barges in the other two seconds."

And

Gerrard said: “It’s definitely a foul. I’ve been around the game a very, very long time and that’s a foul in my book. It’s actually a foul in the fourth official’s book as well because he’s shouting down the mic, ‘Foul, foul, foul’.

“The referee’s ignored the information - we can both see clearly it’s a foul. And they go and score a goal.”

Following the match Gerrard said he spoke to the referee, adding: “I just went in and had a calm chat and wondered why he never listened to the man on the side - the fourth official - and how he hasn’t seen a clear swipe from (Tom) Rogic on Ryan Jack.

“Ryan Jack gets his body in between the ball and the man and he gets swiped, it’s a clear foul. It’s blatant....for me it’s 100 per cent

First one he got universally slated for the comments. Second one was sour grapes apparently.

4 minutes ago, TMB said:

If the board made any kind of statement against the referees the club would be hit with sanctions and fines.  We’ve already been through this.  

So just keep taking it up the arse? We could pay fines by getting rid of the dross players we have at the club who are ripping us off with the wages they are getting.  I hope this is not the last we hear of these fuckers with whistles being called out. 

Archived