Dave King robbed at gunpoint

Jamie29

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another shithole country.It would have racial motivations behind it. The same ones commiting white genocide across the country. Time whites who are able to leave should. Its not safe. Glad no one was seriously hurt, life is cheap over there as it is in most parts of that region. 

A good documentary on the issue :

2 hours ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Johannesburg, especially Sandton where he is, is dodge city mate. Most white families that live there are either victims or have family members that are victims.

Cape Town like Durban you need to know where not to go. But Durban is the best place in the world, climate wise, better than east/west coast America, gold coast Aussie, middle east. Nothing to compare.

:tu:

I know that the country's infrastructure has changed beyond recognition mate ...... and that there are perhaps some spots that are still relatively safe ..... but in general the lifestyle has went to the dogs for the majority of the population due to more than one factor .... not only violent crime  ..... as it has always been part and parcel of that part of the world.

Whether you are white ...  black ... coloured or Asian ..... one of the main reasons ....and arguably the most important one .... for the increased crime rate is the complete absence of proper policing ..... which as you know was contained when the group areas act was in force ... that situation without a shadow of a doubt no longer exists sadly .... for the whole of the country's population.

What crime used to be contained in the locations .... is now also prevalent in most white areas .... and has been since the ANC took over ..... and even though the freedom to roam is more lucrative for the tsotsis  it is still  a major problem in the townships ... and is not confined to whites only ... the black population as an example of one of the other resident population groups  .... if they happen to be well off ... are as liable as Dave King and his family to be targeted .... there is no apartheid in the business of violent crime.

The difference in the situations is ..... that King has the financial wherewithal to either move his business premises and beef up his security .... both business and family wise .... or somehow  remotely manage his affairs from the comfort of the UK ..... where he and his family would all be safe from harm ..... the majority of any of the other communities .... expat or not ....  don't have that privilege. 

I'm glad you have found a spot in SA that keeps you and yours safe mate .... and long may that be the case ..... as it is a beautiful country.

As most probably know .... I am in no way a fan of Dave King ..... but in his position after this frightening personal attack .... I would seriously .... as he has said himself .... be reviewing the exact nature of what is more important to me and my family ..... I hope and actually believe he will come to a wise decision. 

🇬🇧

13 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

:tu:

I know that the country's infrastructure has changed beyond recognition mate ...... and that there are perhaps some spots that are still relatively safe ..... but in general the lifestyle has went to the dogs for the majority of the population due to more than one factor .... not only violent crime  ..... as it has always been part and parcel of that part of the world.

Whether you are white ...  black ... coloured or Asian ..... one of the main reasons ....and arguably the most important one .... for the increased crime rate is the complete absence of proper policing ..... which as you know was contained when the group areas act was in force ... that situation without a shadow of a doubt no longer exists sadly .... for the whole of the country's population.

What crime used to be contained in the locations .... is now also prevalent in most white areas .... and has been since the ANC took over ..... and even though the freedom to roam is more lucrative for the tsotsis  it is still  a major problem in the townships ... and is not confined to whites only ... the black population as an example of one of the other resident population groups  .... if they happen to be well off ... are as liable as Dave King and his family to be targeted .... there is no apartheid in the business of violent crime.

The difference in the situations is ..... that King has the financial wherewithal to either move his business premises and beef up his security .... both business and family wise .... or somehow  remotely manage his affairs from the comfort of the UK ..... where he and his family would all be safe from harm ..... the majority of any of the other communities .... expat or not ....  don't have that privilege. 

I'm glad you have found a spot in SA that keeps you and yours safe mate .... and long may that be the case ..... as it is a beautiful country.

As most probably know .... I am in no way a fan of Dave King ..... but in his position after this frightening personal attack .... I would seriously .... as he has said himself .... be reviewing the exact nature of what is more important to me and my family ..... I hope and actually believe he will come to a wise decision. 

🇬🇧

I'm very impressed mate, you must have stayed there or kept a close eye on it?

First visited Durban in mid 80s and was incredibly impressed. Jo'burg I still do visit on business and it has deteriorated remarkably since 1994. I believe Dave King has lived in SA since the late 70s and if he is questioning the place then it is at the point of being unlivable. From what I first saw of SA and what is there now, it is clear that it is going the identical path as Rhodesia. Expropriation of land is on the table now, and that was the start of the demise of Zimbabwe. Can't believe that they will copy and paste what recently happened on their North East border.

Anyway, for work purposes I lived for some time in SE Asia, North America and Bahrain, obviously UK, but Durban is by far the best place I have lived. Back to Ayrshire now, always missed the place.

9 minutes ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Couple of us were ashore one night in Durban and got robbed, middle of town, loads of folk about etc. Such a shame as I loved the country as my mother was from there but it is turning into a more dangerous version of Zimbabwe.

Amazing how it goes. I've been through the city of Durban even 2 weeks ago and never would conceive of having a problem, probably the same with Dave King though, with him in Jo'burg.

By the way, the Zulu's are far, far more aggressive and hostile than the Zimbabwean Shona & Ndebele. 

1 hour ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

By the way, the Zulu's are far, far more aggressive and hostile than the Zimbabwean Shona & Ndebele. 

True but they didn’t have the lovely Robert Mugabe and Gucci Grace winding up the police and people. Bad memories of Harare sadly.

edited to say loved most parts of Africa especially Capetown and Windhoek in Namibia.

54 minutes ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

True but they didn’t have the lovely Robert Mugabe and Gucci Grace winding up the police and people. Bad memories of Harare sadly.

edited to say loved most parts of Africa especially Capetown and Windhoek in Namibia.

Sad mate. Yet Salisbury was rated the world's best city after Sydney. 

Rhodesia took two generations to create the finest country in Africa and from that took Bob less than one generation to create the worst country in Africa. Before passing recently my good friend was the induna of the Matebeles tribe and mid 80s Bob murdered around 50,000 of his people, Gukurahundi they call it. And yet the induna remained friendly with Bob and every election rallied for the ZanuPF. 

*Edit: Cape Town is colder than the west coast of Scotland mate. I sold up and moved full time to Hout Bay and 6 months later I again sold up and was off. The Atlantic around there is absolutely freezing.

1 hour ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

*Edit: Cape Town is colder than the west coast of Scotland mate. I sold up and moved full time to Hout Bay and 6 months later I again sold up and was off. The Atlantic around there is absolutely freezing.

Ah but the wind never gets above a gentle breeze and between the sharks and the monstrous swells you cant beat it for a bit of suicide surfing.😂

On 10/02/2020 at 15:25, Blue Avenger said:

Being from Castlemilk  he has just shat it. If he'd been from Possil, he would have stabbed the cunt immediately with an aids infected needle and took the cunt's trainers.

Fucking taigs are everywhere. Just a different colour on the outside.

Remember the rulling class who orginally tamed the country were firmly Prod's.

Place is a bigger cesspit than Govanhill. Let the cunts kill each other off  I say and the UK stop automatically issuing the natives visas because they were Commonwealth citizens, as they turn our very own God's country into a shitehole.

I take it Dave won't be wanting to resettle back here in Scotland, where he would become another target from our very own jolly craicsters. Think it will be middle England for him.

All about guns now.

Shite news, learned yesterday that Bobby Hume was murdered there in a carjacking as well.

My dad worked for IBM and was asked to move to Jo'berg for 2 years, he said he didnt want to cause it was a dodgy place, they said "dont worry you'll live in a gated community with armed guards" he turned it down

South Africa seems like one of the shittest places to live in the world man, fuck that 😅

7 minutes ago, The Blues said:

Beautiful country with fantastic climate. Food and wine excellent too.  I’ve been there quite a number of times. I’ve never had any issues but was always very careful and aware. 

Did you ever go to Johannesburg ?

Here's the Lonely Planet guide.

Commonly known as Jo’burg or Jozi, this rapidly changing city is the vibrant heart of South Africa. After almost 20 years of decline and decay, Johannesburg is now looking optimistically towards the future. Its centre is smartening up and new loft apartments and office developments are being constructed at a rapid pace. The hipster-friendly neighbourhood of Maboneng is considered one of the most successful urban-renewal projects in the world. However, the wealth divide remains stark, and crime and poverty haven't been eliminated.

Basically a shit hole.

I grew up in a war zone, done loads of travelling when younger, plenty of dodgy places and doing dodgy things. 

Was quite 'worldly wise', and have to say the only place I felt properly concerned or unsafe was Jo'burg.  Life was/is so cheap there, literally couldn't go out certain areas after dark.  Get stiffed for pair of Nike Air. 

Scary place, or was anyway!

I’ve been in Joburg many times. I usually stay in Sandton. Plenty of 5 star hotels and good restaurants in this area plus the big shopping mall-Sandton city is also good for restaurants etc.  Some of the hotels are also connected to the mall.Also been in Capetown which is nicer to look at but all the business is usually in Joburg. 

visited Soweto once and went to the apartheid museum and Mandelas old house.....interesting 

20 hours ago, Siam69 said:

I grew up in a war zone, done loads of travelling when younger, plenty of dodgy places and doing dodgy things. 

Was quite 'worldly wise', and have to say the only place I felt properly concerned or unsafe was Jo'burg.  Life was/is so cheap there, literally couldn't go out certain areas after dark.  Get stiffed for pair of Nike Air. 

Scary place, or was anyway!

That reminds me.

After the 1994 SA elections, Lebanon decided to appoint an ambassador to South Africa and their guy turned up, and left less than 6 months later.

Saying that Johannesburg was far too dangerous and even growing up during a 15 year civil war in Beirut was less frightening than Johannesburg. 

Archived