Rangers + Club 1872 Statements

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

The problem with the statement is that Traynor wrote it and delivered it. It has many great points but unfortunately, as is his want, he tries to be too clever and point fingers without naming names.

The problem with our PR is Traynor..... he wasn't a great journalist, he's not a PR professional and he is universally hated due to being an arrogant, egotistical bully.

It's not surprising that the statement has been ignored by the mhedia.

Leckie should have been dealt with at the time not brought into a very important issue weeks later.

Provan should be publicly lambasted for his disgraceful article - separate to this statement

Our PR is very poor because we employ a very poor person to do it, Whatever he has on King or others must be big, there is no other reason for persevering with him

Correct.

Make no mistake, Traynor is getting far more out of this arrangement than Rangers.

He is a lightning rod for all the haters and there are probably people who were ambivalent about us before he was appointed but who have turned against us because he is our mouthpiece. Like we need more people to hate us.

In that sense he is actually counterproductive and, for that reason, I’d move him on and get in an experienced replacement but not someone who consistently rubs people up the wrong way or who uses his position at Rangers to settle old scores.

Someone like Daryl Broadfoot or Al Lamont perhaps.

This is not about giving in to the beast and surrendering one of our own, this is about what is best for the club and replacing a part of the machine clearly not fit for purpose.

While he remains at Ibrox, we will not be taken seriously regardless of the abuse and threats which come our way.

1 minute ago, Colin Traive said:

Correct.

Make no mistake, Traynor is getting far more out of this arrangement than Rangers.

He is a lightning rod for all the haters and there are probably people who were ambivalent about us before he was appointed but who have turned against us because he is our mouthpiece. Like we need more people to hate us.

In that sense he is actually counterproductive and, for that reason, I’d move him on and get in an experienced replacement but not someone who consistently rubs people up the wrong way or who uses his position at Rangers to settle old scores.

Someone like Daryl Broadfoot or Al Lamont perhaps.

This is not about giving in to the beast and surrendering one of our own, this is about what is best for the club and replacing a part of the machine clearly not fit for purpose.

While he remains at Ibrox, we will not be taken seriously regardless of the abuse and threats which come our way.

That cunt should be allowed nowhere near Ibrox. A boyhood Rangers fan who will now deny ever supporting Rangers.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That cunt should be allowed nowhere near Ibrox. A boyhood Rangers fan who will now deny ever supporting Rangers.

I’m using him as an example FFS.

Can you not see past your personal hatred and grasp the bigger picture?

I don’t care if Traynor’s replacement is or was a diehard bluenose, I just want him to be effective.

1 hour ago, the cry was no said:

The problem with the statement is that Traynor wrote it and delivered it. It has many great points but unfortunately, as is his want, he tries to be too clever and point fingers without naming names.

The problem with our PR is Traynor..... he wasn't a great journalist, he's not a PR professional and he is universally hated due to being an arrogant, egotistical bully.

It's not surprising that the statement has been ignored by the mhedia.

Leckie should have been dealt with at the time not brought into a very important issue weeks later.

Provan should be publicly lambasted for his disgraceful article - separate to this statement

Our PR is very poor because we employ a very poor person to do it, Whatever he has on King or others must be big, there is no other reason for persevering with him

absolutely spot on.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Not to excuse it, but it's probably necessary if you want to advance your career in the likes of the SFA, BBC Scotland and The Herald these days.

21 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

He's slagging the board again so that's him on the side of the rest of the RM moon howlers :lol:

No one is above criticism when it is due.

Not even an omnipotent like yourself.. 

The board are but stewards, but fans live on forever and the lifeblood.

If a board cannot protect the brand, our heritage and their very own employees, they are not a board, but a vassal of the popular narrative.

12 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

I don’t care if Traynor’s replacement is or was a diehard bluenose, I just want him to be effective.

Unfortunately unless you are going to go outside Scotland to find someone for the PR gig, you want find anyone in Scotland that isn’t one of us that will give their all for the job. 

14 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Personal hatred? I'd just rather we weren't hiring guys embarrassed to be known as a Rangers fan. Certainly don't need to be a fan to be an effective PR head but certainly now wanting someone ashamed to admit he supports us. 

41 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

In this age of multi media and spin it is essential that our PR guy is, above all, effective.

Short sharp statements on a regular basis which make the point , helps keeps a foothold on agenda and doesn't present opportunity for ridicule (the use of 'concomitant', offering salvation to an as yet un-convicted 12 year old etc)

With the exception of folk on this forum, few have the time nor desire to read through 1500 words, especially when 200 would suffice.

Sadly, all that remains fresh in the minds of the public  is the max 140 word tweets from those responding to our wordy statements.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Maybe, but it never done his career any harm early on. 

Arguably times were different. Perhaps only so much of a fan that he'll be one until it's no longer prudent.

Just out of interest, does he claim to support anyone else now? And you don't have to name names, but are any journos open within journo circles about supporting us?

Just now, Inigo said:

Arguably times were different. Perhaps only so much of a fan that he'll be one until it's no longer prudent.

Just out of interest, does he claim to support anyone else now? And you don't have to name names, but are any journos open within journo circles about supporting us?

I'm sure he just says he's a Scotland/football fan now. His flat used to have pictures of him as a kid wearing Rangers tops.

Aye, there are a few who openly support us but not many. Not counting the ex-pros, there are surprisingly few who openly support either half of the Old Firm. Plenty of Raith, Aberdeen, Falkirk and St. Mirren fans bizarrely. Jonny McFarlane is one of the few who are openly Rangers fans (despite all the Hibs nonsense). 

Traynor is a tabloid journalist, and our statements often come across as sensationalist and very tabloid. I do feel the style of statement makes them a bit of a laughing stock, and makes them easy to pick apart - masking completely valid points contained within.

We need to remember in making statements, we are not releasing them to convince or appease Rangers fans - that is preaching to the (mostly) already converted. We are making them to convince the wider audience that we have a valid point and are unhappy about things.  A bit of concise professional style writing goes a long way in shaping public opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

We are making them to convince the wider audience that we have a valid point and are unhappy about things.  A bit of concise professional style writing goes a long way in shaping public opinion. 

Exactly.

Archived