Rangers + Club 1872 Statements

BridgeIsBlue

20 minutes ago, beararse said:

He seems to believe he has the divine right to shout down opinion on here.

Anyone he disagrees with gets labelled a mongo or a Fenian or a mutant, and he’s usually backed up by the same cronies who pop up to genuflect at his greatness and offer their support.

I reckon he has a Messiah complex brought upon by the sheer volume of his posts which average out at an astonishing 22 post EVERY single day over the last 11 years!

Whats my daily post count?

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, beararse said:

He’s 12 FFS. He might be a rabid 12 year old but he’s 12 none the less.

Not playing it down. Was it well advised to do what he did ? No, so it’s I’ll advised.

Why was it I’ll advised because morally and socially it was a disgraceful act.

Was it needed to be included in the statement? Absolutely not.

We lost control of the narrative as a result, something you’ve all been screaming out for on here. . 

Attempting to backtrack here and failing tbh.

Fucked it, again.

50 minutes ago, B1872 said:

I noticed that the narrative has changed already and we are now getting slaughtered for releasing the statement off the back of the 12 year old boy being charged. These bastards are intentionally missing the point and tbh the club will never win.

With the above being said I would just go full pelt and ban Provan, Stewart and that fat mess Leckie for starters.

Not able to keep up today with all the posts, doing some work for a change :happy: but after seeing your post I one wonder why we did not say in the statement 'now that the first person has been charged' we have decided to make this statement, because surely to fuck we (Rangers) are not accepting it was only one 12 year old who was shouting at Alfredo ??

10 minutes ago, beararse said:

He’s 12 FFS. He might be a rabid 12 year old but he’s 12 none the less.

Not playing it down. Was it well advised to do what he did ? No, so it’s I’ll advised.

Why was it I’ll advised because morally and socially it was a disgraceful act.

Was it needed to be included in the statement? Absolutely not.

We lost control of the narrative as a result, something you’ve all been screaming out for on here. . 

The statement had more power once someone had been charged. At no time was the accuser's age mentioned. If you are going to publicly defend someone against racial slur then you must be able to back it up. Trainer decided to use the police charge as his defence and at the expense of the journalists who slighted the situation. I see no problem with that and we certainly didn't lose control of the narrative.

Police investigations take ages and may not be discussed while ongoing. There are also libel laws. The club has to very careful what it says in public.

It was a well worded statement not falling foul of a police investigation or naming individuals. Compare and contrast to Provan  (the sun)  and Speirs.

A statement designed to shame.

12 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Attempting to backtrack here and failing tbh.

Fucked it, again.

Where’s the back tracking then?

Its only back tracking if I change or retract what I’m saying otherwise it’s ‘explaining’ surely?

57 minutes ago, beararse said:

Masters of our own down fall I’m afraid.

There was no need to mention the charge,  it’s a distraction from the main target which is the media’s position on Morelos. Nobody really gives a flying fuck that a 12 year old shouted some ill advised abuse.

Nor was there a need to wait to call out the media.

Nor was there a need to invite them to Ibrox for moral reorientation.

I would say to class racist abuse as ill advised, is not your finest moment. 

13 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The statement had more power once someone had been charged. At no time was the accuser's age mentioned. If you are going to publicly defend someone against racial slur then you must be able to back it up. Trainer decided to use the police charge as his defence and at the expense of the journalists who slighted the situation. I see no problem with that and we certainly didn't lose control of the narrative.

We did lose control because all that’s being discussed in the media is how Rangers have dragged a 12 year old into there statement (expressly or otherwise).

Knowing we had little support in the media we have allowed them the opportunity to divert attention from the salient points regards the media in the statement by taking discussions in a different direction altogether.

The concept and intent of the statement is excellent. It’s execution? Dreadful 

7 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I would say to class racist abuse as ill advised, is not your finest moment. 

Perhaps it wasn’t the best wording I agree but it doesn’t detract from what I’ve been saying unless of course you don’t have a decent counter argument and look for a loop hole 🙂

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Then there is the timing. It is everything. We are reactive rather than proactive. Always on the back foot

This is the perfect summary of our current PR strategy (or lack of unfortunately)👍...

5 minutes ago, beararse said:

We did lose control because all that’s being discussed in the media is how Rangers have dragged a 12 year old into there statement (expressly or otherwise).

Knowing we had little support in the media we have allowed them the opportunity to divert attention from the salient points regards the media in the statement by taking discussions in a different direction altogether.

I think if a 12 year old thinks it's acceptable to racially abuse a football player, it shows exactly how bad the situation is regarding morelos.

And the reason that 12 year old thinks its okay is because its family thinks its okay, and they think its okay because the media hasn't condemned it at all and if anything has stoked it. 

4 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Scumbag on twitter . " We celebrate trophies "    they celebrate statements .... Sadly he isn't wrong nowadays .

They issue far more statements about us than we do! They are obsessed by us and we live rent free in their heads. I think it’s a great statement 

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

No-one in the media at least in newspapers I've seen online seem to be carrying our statement unless you find a twitter post by Spiers media relevance.  

We have little chance in winning when our fanbase is divided over such a powerful statement.

11 minutes ago, beararse said:

Where’s the back tracking then?

Its only back tracking if I change or retract what I’m saying otherwise it’s ‘explaining’ surely?

What's happened here is, imo, you've tried to come across as intelligent and join in the conversation, when you don't actually know what the fucks going on and you're clearly a bit of a doughball if you think "ill advised abuse" is even close to the same thing as racism.

Fwiw, you're right about @Rfc52.

As an adult, if my child of 12 had shouted racist abuse, I'd be hauling him over the coals. 

Firstly, even at that age I would expect him to know better. And as his dad I would take full responsibility. Then I would find out where the idea had come from. If it was his mates Id' be having a wee word with the other parents. If it was at school I'd be asking the school if they found it acceptable.

Finally, as an adult, regardless of my own beliefs, I'd be ashamed embarrassed for the whole family and let my kid know he'd let me down badly, no other punishment would be necessary, except no repeat of the abuse, and good behaviour in the future. 

That would be normal parental behaviour, basically teaching the kid right from wrong, and ensuring he has every chance in life, which will not be achieved by offending people, It is called "GOOD PARENTING"

So exactly how much taking of the responsibility does the Father appear to have taken in the interest of good parenting ?

Unfortunately not only do I believe it is an instance of "like Father, like son" I also believe his parent will have deflected all the responsibilities to the child, ad worst of all, might be glorifying in it. 

Personally I don't blame the child totally, so maybe a case where Social Services, would be well advised to send both Father and son on" Racism Awareness" courses. 

2 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

I think if a 12 year old thinks it's acceptable to racially abuse a football player, it shows exactly how bad the situation is regarding morelos.

And the reason that 12 year old thinks its okay is because its family thinks its okay, and they think its okay because the media hasn't condemned it at all and if anything has stoked it. 

That’s all supposition.

In all likelihood you are right but that’s irrelevant. We didn’t need a police charge to raise the issue regards  the media which is the main thrust of the statement.

JT attempted to weaponise the police charge to further his end and its backfired.

5 minutes ago, tannerall said:

As an adult, if my child of 12 had shouted racist abuse, I'd be hauling him over the coals. 

Firstly, even at that age I would expect him to know better. And as his dad I would take full responsibility. Then I would find out where the idea had come from. If it was his mates Id' be having a wee word with the other parents. If it was at school I'd be asking the school if they found it acceptable.

Finally, as an adult, regardless of my own beliefs, I'd be ashamed embarrassed for the whole family and let my kid know he'd let me down badly, no other punishment would be necessary, except no repeat of the abuse, and good behaviour in the future. 

That would be normal parental behaviour, basically teaching the kid right from wrong, and ensuring he has every chance in life, which will not be achieved by offending people, It is called "GOOD PARENTING"

So exactly how much taking of the responsibility does the Father appear to have taken in the interest of good parenting ?

Unfortunately not only do I believe it is an instance of "like Father, like son" I also believe his parent will have deflected all the responsibilities to the child, ad worst of all, might be glorifying in it. 

Personally I don't blame the child totally, so maybe a case where Social Services, would be well advised to send both Father and son on" Racism Awareness" courses. 

The 12 yr old is being made the scapegoat. We all know the racial slur on the video  came from an adult but it would look bad if they charged a season ticket holder now, wouldn't it?

Archived