Rangers + Club 1872 Statements

BridgeIsBlue

34 minutes ago, toad said:

I think that mob know who translated Alfie's interview. Could it have been a translator from within our club or utilised by the club? To me it looks that way and they are attempting to turn this back on us, to minimise the  impact on themselves! 

Could the translation have been done by one of the new SNA1228 - Simultaneous Translators?

http://careers.skynewsarabia.com/skynews/VacancyDetail.aspx?VacancyID=35211

https://www.translateplus.com/news/translate-plus-provide-catalan-interpreting-sky-news/

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The statement is good and bad depending on how you look at it, it's great if it's the  beginning and shite if it's the end.

If the Club are going to release this statement, basically saying this is the last straw,  and that these cunts in the media will be banned if they keep it up and that we'll be taking the papers who print this shite to court then its fantastic, I'm happy if this is the club setting a new standard.

Unfortunately I think it will be the club thinking they've done their due diligence by making this statement, thinking they've put the media in their place and now that's the end of it and were all pals again.

Statements are fine but they're not enough, its clear that you can say or write and print anything about our Club and its players and its fans and the worst that will happen is Rangers will call you out on it by proxy of C1872, its simply not enough.

The things that have been written about Morelos is fucking defamation and slander. These cunts should be sued. They should be banned from Ibrox and called out by name in this statement. 

It sometimes feels like the Club see this kind of thing as nothing more than a nuisance that they can just release a statement about then wash their hands of it. Then the media just find the next thing to slander us about followed by another statement from the club.

The statements speak as though some day of reckoning is coming but the club are starting to seem like the boy who cried wolf

Can you imagine the vitriol if someone from Rangers or someone from the PUL community said racism doesnt matter if the victim doesnt speak english well? 

It's amazing what the double standards in this country. Imagine Morelos wasnt associated with Rangers and was racially abused and a figure in the media said "he just cant handle this country"

If the club doesnt have the balls to take these cunts to court for their slanderous shite then hopefully Morelos does it himself 

The scottish media love to paint Rangers as bigots and hate mongers, yet at the same time they're blatantly excusing racism. I actually seen a tarrier I know on facebook claiming this is some media campaign trying to stop 10IAR by bringing race into it. This country has gone totally fucking bonkers man

20 hours ago, the cry was no said:

The problem with the statement is that Traynor wrote it and delivered it. It has many great points but unfortunately, as is his want, he tries to be too clever and point fingers without naming names.

The problem with our PR is Traynor..... he wasn't a great journalist, he's not a PR professional and he is universally hated due to being an arrogant, egotistical bully.

It's not surprising that the statement has been ignored by the mhedia.

Leckie should have been dealt with at the time not brought into a very important issue weeks later.

Provan should be publicly lambasted for his disgraceful article - separate to this statement

Our PR is very poor because we employ a very poor person to do it, Whatever he has on King or others must be big, there is no other reason for persevering with him

This is a good point. The statement was decent enough but it's already been spun into it being Traynor point scoring by proxy of Rangers. I dont mind JT but his name being put to this statement has devalued it

8 hours ago, Darth Bear said:

Not going to but everyone including celtic and the media knows this to be the case.

Shows the difference in standards with us and them.

Rangers have spent years of time and lots of money tackling racism etc, campaigns, bannings, highlighting issues with the fanbase 

The taigs on the other hand have spent their time covering it up and pretending it doesnt happen 

Also this all boils down to the fact Morelos plays for Rangers.

If this was a columbian celtic player or any other SPL team it would be a different story

But its Morelos and he plays for the nazi sectarian  bigot club. Weve been demonized for so long that even neutrals see us as bad. No matter what abuse our players or staff or fans come under it doesnt really matter because we are the bad guys

1 hour ago, Willis said:

Shows the difference in standards with us and them.

Rangers have spent years of time and lots of money tackling racism etc, campaigns, bannings, highlighting issues with the fanbase 

The taigs on the other hand have spent their time covering it up and pretending it doesnt happen 

As much maligned as it has been by certain folk this should be highlighted more 

13 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Their type of PR is deflection propaganda and down right lies. It will be their downfall one day.

I actually don’t think it will as they have no morals or principles and will just ignore or talk over any valid criticism of themselves. For them or their morally bankrupt support to be affected they have to be able to feel shame or have certain standards of behaviour as part of their ethos. As has been proved recently, they do not so will carry on telling everyone how right they are and how wrong the rest of us are.

Bit like a kid with his fingers in his ears shouting and bawling so he does not hear the criticism.

2 hours ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

I actually don’t think it will as they have no morals or principles and will just ignore or talk over any valid criticism of themselves. For them or their morally bankrupt support to be affected they have to be able to feel shame or have certain standards of behaviour as part of their ethos. As has been proved recently, they do not so will carry on telling everyone how right they are and how wrong the rest of us are.

Bit like a kid with his fingers in his ears shouting and bawling so he does not hear the criticism.

Spot on Wullie.
The way I see it,is if I had as many skeletons in the cupboard as that shower of shite,i would be ashamed to look any body in the face,never mind draw attention to yourself by screaming shite to the high heavens.
We can only hope that one day in the not too distant future they will aggravate some cunt like SKY nad they end up with tears of regret,but it should be tears of SHAME.
SHAMELESS DISGUSTING BASTARDS. 

Remember the media frenzy when our club was  getting into difficulties, and all the club statements and media statements that followed?

I think the media jumped on the bandwagon because we were at our weakest, and although we have a huge support the country was divided between Rangers fans and - Every other football fan and that's why the media sided with everyone else but us.

We all saw the hate and the vitriol spewed out by other fans, the clubs jumped on the bandwagon to appease their supporters and the media really got a lot out of stirring it all up. The media really won out of making us out to be the bad guys - don't ever forget that. Fan hatred also  turned up to ten during this period, and the media didn't care. It wasn't just celtic or Aberdeen fans that hated us, almost every other club did.

Fast forward to present day, and we're still seeing real fan hatred towards us from other clubs, and we're still seeing remnants of the media hatred and shit stirring. In my opinion it's a hangover from  those days and the media's greed was very much to blame. The sickening thing is the media are still winning out of this because they wound  other supporters up so tightly - the hatred is still very much alive.

The media weren't always with us, but they have never been so against us. I know a lot will say no one's ever liked us... we don't care. Well the difference is, the hatred is far more intense and far reaching now and before it was simply based on jealousy because we were the most successful club.

It will take a long time for this to normalise, if it ever does.

1 hour ago, Ramsay said:

Remember the media frenzy when our club was  getting into difficulties, and all the club statements and media statements that followed?

I think the media jumped on the bandwagon because we were at our weakest, and although we have a huge support the country was divided between Rangers fans and - Every other football fan and that's why the media sided with everyone else but us.

We all saw the hate and the vitriol spewed out by other fans, the clubs jumped on the bandwagon to appease their supporters and the media really got a lot out of stirring it all up. The media really won out of making us out to be the bad guys - don't ever forget that. Fan hatred also  turned up to ten during this period, and the media didn't care. It wasn't just celtic or Aberdeen fans that hated us, almost every other club did.

Fast forward to present day, and we're still seeing real fan hatred towards us from other clubs, and we're still seeing remnants of the media hatred and shit stirring. In my opinion it's a hangover from  those days and the media's greed was very much to blame. The sickening thing is the media are still winning out of this because they wound  other supporters up so tightly - the hatred is still very much alive.

The media weren't always with us, but they have never been so against us. I know a lot will say no one's ever liked us... we don't care. Well the difference is, the hatred is far more intense and far reaching now and before it was simply based on jealousy because we were the most successful club.

It will take a long time for this to normalise, if it ever does.

Remnants fuck all, the hatred is every bit as strong now as in 2012 

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Remnants fuck all the hatred is every bit as strong now as in 2012 

I maybe didn't say what I meant properly, I agree it's strong, if not stronger now. Since that time it's evolved, so to speak, because it's been seen as profitable, or even just the done thing. It's a long time of us being in the headlines for one reason or another, and it's a long time for the hatred to  have continued to seep out.

2 hours ago, johanhentze said:

Its obviously a good thing, but didnt think it was going to be a problem 😕

I must admit I was surprised.  Me and my two sons are travelling from various parts of England and our trains, flights and hotel booked already.

• 3 weeks later...

Club 1872 Statement on BBC Scotland
26 February, 2020

Club 1872 has been in dialogue with Rangers for several weeks regarding Michael Stewart’s offensive and defamatory comments on Sportsound regarding Alfredo Morelos and Jim Traynor. Rangers were in agreement with us that Michael Stewart’s comments were completely unacceptable, and made strong representations to the BBC on that basis.............

Read more here: https://club1872.co.uk/news/club-1872-statement-on-bbc-scotland-2/

Archived