Rangers + Club 1872 Statements

BridgeIsBlue

55 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Club 1872 Statement on BBC Scotland
26 February, 2020

Club 1872 has been in dialogue with Rangers for several weeks regarding Michael Stewart’s offensive and defamatory comments on Sportsound regarding Alfredo Morelos and Jim Traynor. Rangers were in agreement with us that Michael Stewart’s comments were completely unacceptable, and made strong representations to the BBC on that basis.............

Read more here: https://club1872.co.uk/news/club-1872-statement-on-bbc-scotland-2/

Fair assessment of BBC Scotland there.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Club 1872 Statement on BBC Scotland
26 February, 2020

Club 1872 has been in dialogue with Rangers for several weeks regarding Michael Stewart’s offensive and defamatory comments on Sportsound regarding Alfredo Morelos and Jim Traynor. Rangers were in agreement with us that Michael Stewart’s comments were completely unacceptable, and made strong representations to the BBC on that basis.............

Read more here: https://club1872.co.uk/news/club-1872-statement-on-bbc-scotland-2/

Seems to reflect how BBC Scotland have went about their business concerning Rangers over the last few years. I am also of the belief that the head of BBC Scotland  ‘Donalda MCKinnon’ is stepping down in the Autumn, announced Earlier this month. We can only hope the new incumbent is an non-politically motivated professional who has the ethical integrity to see what’s been happening here and the mental strength to deal with their ridiculously biased sports department appropriately...

On 28 February 2020 at 07:11, Robmc1 said:

We can only hope the new incumbent is an non-politically motivated professional who has the ethical integrity to see what’s been happening here and the mental strength to deal with their ridiculously biased sports department appropriately...

I think there are two chances of this happening . . .

That statement from C 1872 is good, but my question every time I read one of them, is why is that not coming direct from Rangers ??

If it did it would get for more coverage than it does form C1872 and also the BBC would be more likely to take some notice of it.

Unfortunately we are weak as a Club and I see no prospect of that changing. 

19 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

That statement from C 1872 is good, but my question every time I read one of them, is why is that not coming direct from Rangers ??

I suspect that it is the case that the SFA would fine us on some trumped up charge.

Let C1872 do it for the time being.

14 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I suspect that it is the case that the SFA would fine us on some trumped up charge.

Let C1872 do it for the time being.

I think IF we were clever enough with how it was written it might not, but then we are Rangers so they would probably just find a way to do us.

I just find the C1872 stuff well meaning but totally toothless in making any impact, but it is what we have because that is how the board want to play it. 

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

If it did it would get for more coverage than it does form C1872 and also the BBC would be more likely to take some notice of it.

Unfortunately we are weak as a Club and I see no prospect of that changing. 

Not as long as we have this buffer between Rangers and the detractors. It’s a form of dignified silence. Some ‘nice’ statements but that’s all they are ‘nice’ statements, Christ we need a good win today!

Just now, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Not as long as we have this buffer between Rangers and the detractors. It’s a form of dignified silence. Some ‘nice’ statements but that’s all they are ‘nice’ statements, Christ we need a good win today!

I agree mate, but no chance it will change while we have the people in charge at the moment.

Yes we certainly do and no Morelos. ☹️

Archived