Rangers + Club 1872 Statements

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Again, using the club as a proxy to get verbal one ups on people he doesn’t like in the media.

Just fucking withdraw cooperation with the Sun.

Its becoming a sideshow and its tiresome.

100%  I think it’s quite pathetic 

The club of statements .Make you weep

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

'Rangers have been appalled by the recent media coverage of allegations of racism directed towards Alfredo Morelos and have taken the decision to revoke any access from Michael Stewart, Davie Provan, Bill Leckie individually and any News UK group outlets until such time as a formal, public apology is made to Mr Morelos and the columns retracted. 

'There is no place in Scottish football for any racist behaviour and the treatment of Alfredo - and subsequent disregard of his complaints - do nothing but exasperate an already disgusting set of circumstances. 

'The club will also be raising a formal complaint with IPSO on this matter as it is a serious breach of the Editor's Code. 

'Rangers will not tolerate any abuse of its players and staff and will strive to take the strongest possible action against those responsible, as well as those who seek to vilify  through the media.'

And make them martyrs?

God knows they love being victims.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So it’s a good start but we have been here before, the club have to keep up the pressure and do what they normally do which is slip back into their shell. 

I'm sure we all said something similar after the cup final as well....

36 minutes ago, Ted E Bayer said:

Keevins already hit back with let’s not forget Rangers fan racially abusing Shay Logan. 

Keevins who cuts off Rangers fans with his “whataboutery” line when we try to offer comparisons to make a case all the time. It’s infuriating,  Total hypocrite using that radio show to fit his agenda and has done for decades. It’s so frustrating and disappointing that our main radio show has zero balance and there is no way to bring him to task for stuff like this.

The young fan who Shay Logan identified online in breach of the same law which protects the young celtic fan wonder if the police will bother with that.

Initial excitement at actually releasing a statement has now become a realisation that it's powder puff stuff and the cunts that hate us will be back soon enough. 

Safe in the knowledge all they will get in return is a statement. 

Name shame and ban the cunts. 

1 minute ago, G.E.C. said:

I think if the club publicly named names it would result in lawsuits tbh.

What do you think @The Dude

Think they'd be fine pointing to specific articles and naming the author (I've written stuff criticising all three in recent weeks) and if the club were to make a formal complaint and name all three then they wouldn't have any real recourse. It's not malicious on our behalf and isn't defamatory. 

Spot on statement imo.

I'm all for removing press access and banning the Sun, Record and anyone else tbh, but, naming and shaming individuals is just petty and also pointless - it's exactly what they want because it's giving them the attention they crave so much and means they can then play the victim card and write all about big bad Rangers again.

Their stories still have to be approved by an editor - the problem is at a far higher level than Leckie, Stewart, Provan, Sutton etc. 

1 minute ago, loyalfollower said:

So happy they’ve backed Morelos to the hilt here.  Well played board

It’s hardly to the hilt though .Is it 

Another statement to be mocked and ridiculed by our many enemies 

When the fucked will these people show their faces ,their disgust ,their anger ,their fucking passion🤔🤔

Whilst they’re surely corresponding with IPSO and OFCOM I’d  be disappointed if they was to have included that in the outstanding statement prior to getting the outcome of this correspondence. Maintain silence if it doesn’t have the correct  judgement but shout it out loud if it does.

3 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Initial excitement at actually releasing a statement has now become a realisation that it's powder puff stuff and the cunts that hate us will be back soon enough. 

Safe in the knowledge all they will get in return is a statement. 

Name shame and ban the cunts. 

That is what has happened to me as well unfortunately. ☹️

Archived