Journalists - are there any serious ones left?

dummiesoot

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Serious journalism isn't advantageous nowadays, look at the bullshit that was printed in the newspapers and online media outlets during the election.

In the past, and I'd say the not recent past, the general public's intelligence was respected and the facts were presented accordingly.

Now? Anarchy  wins.  Lies are beneficial even if they are found out to be lies - either the damage is already done by them or there are enough dim-witted people out there to ignore the truth and be wound up into a frenzy so the truth is lost.

Politicians know this and use it, the media use it. It will not stop until the general public regain their senses - and that is not going to happen any time soon, frankly, we're not as bright and respectful a population as what we once were. We deserve the politicians and journalists we have, because the public accept it and allow it to exist in its current state.

Thought this was funny.....

If the horses can’t stand the vitriol in Glasgow then they are in the wrong city. Davy Provan

A football thug who punched three police horses during a cup tie riot has been jailed for 10 months. https://planetradio.co.uk/clyde/local/news/celtic-fan-who-punched-police-horses-jailed-for-10-months/…

I strongly suspect journalists who try and be honest, fair and transparent are few and far between.

Look at Trumpet and Boris. 

Trumpet just lies and talks gobble de gook in front of huge crowds and he gets standing ovations.

Boris is another half wit.

Both of the above were voted in by their respective countries.

It's no wonder the standard of journalism is poor. 

I am potentially biased but the reporting or non reporting of the Morelos racism incident is truly awful.  

1 hour ago, Bobby Hume said:

WOW! ..... that was like getting struck by lightning ...... :confused:

A contraction .... a determiner ............... and a noun  ..... all in the one statement as well ..... well done Hen. 

:UK:

What's with the constant ellipsis? If it's to illustrate your brain trying to catch up with your typing it's working.

5 hours ago, ScottBF2 said:

What's with the constant ellipsis? If it's to illustrate your brain trying to catch up with your typing it's working.

Wow! ..... a rhetorical  question ..... and  even an answer to that rhetorical question ...... I was being kind to you hen .... by breaking up the sentences ..... so that you could actually follow along.

As long as it seems to annoy the fuck out of you ..... that will do for me Hen.

Iawaityourfurthercommunicationwithbaitedbreathasthisisthebestlaughivehadsincethegametonightfinishedbyefornowhen. 

:UK:

Archived