Morelos new deal.

KingKirk

2 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Isnt he only a couple of goals away from most goals in a single european campaign? Sure hes up there with ronaldo and messi at the minute.

Might be, he’s been outstanding in Europe this season.

I just think there’ll be a ceiling on what people will pay for him and Edouard purely because of the league they play in.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sure that the board have a better idea of how to maximize Alfredo's value than we do. 

Nothing is written in stone and he may not leave this summer. I still think that winning the league is a possibility and playing in CL may be enough to keep him for another season. I'd love to think so.

Had Alfredo played in a different European country like Italy or France he'd be talked about going  for £40m-50m imo.  Unfortunately because he plays in Scotland there will be a ceiling to his price.  Take Sandro Tonali for example. Young player, great potential. Couple of caps for Italy but playing for the 2nd bottom team in Italy and he's on the verge of joining Liverpool for £45m. Morelos has a geographical disadvantage by playing in this country. 

4 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

He may well push for one, because that’s in his interests. KingKirk appears to be suggesting that Rangers should be looking to add one, which is madness.

Not necessarily. He wont go for more than, say, £40 million, so if we add a release clause for £40 million for him a big spending club might be more inclined to just pay that and take the chance rather than getting involved in a bidding war with another big spender who they might lose out too. 

Saw something online last week from his agent i think on instagram with a Colombian flag and pen at ibrox/htc. 

He is massive for us and is getting better all the time. Its a good move to back him with slight increase in wages for a longer term imo. I still think we'll punt him in the Summer though😀

3 hours ago, Creampuff said:

The logic of giving him a new deal is that it keeps the player happy, and it protects our position when it comes to selling him. 

If we somehow manage to hold onto him for another couple of seasons the last thing we can afford is for him to get into the last couple of years of his deal.

The other side of the coin .He could down tools so to speak 

Must admit .We love him but not sure he has earned another long term contract .On top of the last one 

No goals v scum ,not many against sheep and not many tight big game winners .The 1-0 wins that our legends used to come up with so often 

I would be holding off until the summer time .See if we have actually won anything 

If not .Cash in for me 

When Alfredo signed 2 and a half years ago he came from Finland for £1m and would probably be on about £6/7k per week

His first season was decent but not spectacular which is not unusual for a young player in a new league making a step up

Second season Gerard improved him massively and he has become a key player so, correctly we protected our asset last year by renewing his contract possibly at £20k p/w which would be in keeping with a £10-15m valued player

This season he has improved again and added in a phenomenal Euro campaign which has increased his profile and value vastly 

Two things make sense for me

1) Increase his wages to a level that would mean that only a move to a top team would make him considerably more money. If we paid him an extra £20k per week that equates to £1m per year for say 4 years. We are effectively tying in a £30m player for £4m - in total we would potentially pay him £2m p/a for 4 years - £8m - we couldn't replace him for this over this period.

2) In return he agrees a release clause of min £30m. This stops say a Leicester or an Aston Villa bidding £15m and turning his head, he downs tools and we have our biggest asset effectively on strike

Ross Wilson is very experienced in dealing with these matters and I trust him and Gerard to get this right

1 hour ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

Had Alfredo played in a different European country like Italy or France he'd be talked about going  for £40m-50m imo.  Unfortunately because he plays in Scotland there will be a ceiling to his price.  Take Sandro Tonali for example. Young player, great potential. Couple of caps for Italy but playing for the 2nd bottom team in Italy and he's on the verge of joining Liverpool for £45m. Morelos has a geographical disadvantage by playing in this country. 

6 month loan to a club in a better league next season and maximise how much we get for him

4 hours ago, Creampuff said:

That same outcome can be achieved by sitting down Morelos and telling him that’s our price. I’m astounded that anyone would want the club to include a release clause voluntarily.

You shouldn't be astounded by anything kirk says,he's a fucking dumpling.

Archived