Morelos new deal.

KingKirk

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

If we get fresh investment I think we keep him, if he is still willing to put up with all the shite he gets here.

Let's hope so.

This is the intriguing part for me.

We have improved massively under Gerard and we're tying down our best players.

If we can keep the core of this team and add 2/3 game changers (Hagi looks like that quality) we could be at the start of an exciting/special period. 

Gerard committing long term was very interesting for me as I think he would be looking for certain assurances to commit.He inherited a shambles and has made it decent to good but knows he has a solid base to build from if he is backed.

If Gerrard was to be given 30-40 million to spend next season he could build a team that would stroll it i Scotland and have enough quality to compete well in Europe. 

Downside though is that would almost certainly mean Morelos and maybe Barisic being sold to raise the cash. 

10 hours ago, stevemac said:

Isnt he only a couple of goals away from most goals in a single european campaign? Sure hes up there with ronaldo and messi at the minute.

Whilst you can’t take the fact away that he has scored so many goals in Europe comparing this to Messi and Ronald’s tally in Europe is misleading. They haven’t played 8 qualifiers against  minnows, they are playing against the best 

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

If Gerrard was to be given 30-40 million to spend next season he could build a team that would stroll it i Scotland and have enough quality to compete well in Europe. 

Downside though is that would almost certainly mean Morelos and maybe Barisic being sold to raise the cash. 

I think Barisic is on his way to being our most valuable player in terms of transfer value. 

Morelos is snatching and lashing at everything in and  around the box.  Where is the player of a few months ago that was lethal. He appears to have lost all composure and quality of late.

He need to get back to being prolific. Maybe stop getting a nose bleed and start choosing a corner or the wee dink or pass to team mate and we’ll start getting f over this hump...

14 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Yes and under they circumstances the player is well aware of that. Things could become awkward this summer when a big club come calling and offer 10-15million for him. That's certainly rejected so then the player downs tools.

If we get a clause that says 30million and you can go then everyone knows the position.

Btw 30million wouldn't even be satisfactory now if the asking price was 20million 2deals ago

I don't think you get how a release clause works.

55 minutes ago, Jb85 said:

They’ve done well to fuck with his head. 

Sutton had the fucking cheek to say the Alfie didn't look himself. No shit Sherlock, you're one of the cunts that's to blame for it. Him and his fellow Ork ex players working thru Hollicom knew exactly what they were doing after the old firm game. 

2 hours ago, tannerall said:

My thoughts too. Can see him fitting in well to any of the big Italian teams.

2 hours ago, The Beast said:

I think Barisic is on his way to being our most valuable player in terms of transfer value. 

Absolutely 

17 hours ago, KingKirk said:

He must be close to being on 40k pw now I don't see the need for a extension further he signed a 4year deal just under a year ago ffs.

Unless were adding in a release clause or something its utterly pointless.

Hes on 30k a week 

Think it's a professional swimmer he should a being with the diving he dose 

3 minutes ago, chris182 said:

I can't see what offering him a new deal would achieve with the league fucked. At this rate SG will be off and he'll most likely be sold to help us rebuild.

What a fucking shit shown in the space of a few weeks.

You would be lucky to see Rangers get 5 million for him just now 

7 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Not good enough when it really matters. Any top striker scores that header at 1 all

Whilst I tend to agree with this, we are far too reliant on him. Nobody else does enough to see us over the line. Hes won us games/points in the league and Europe this season.  He could do better when it really matters but there's few others who we can say are reliable in similar circumstances.

In the tightest of big games we still have trouble seeing it through and killing games off consistently.

I think we relied too heavily on his goals during the first half of the season.  When he’s off the boil we struggle.  A good example of that was the League Cup final where he had plenty of chances but couldn’t put anything away.  He’s struggling to find the net right now and we’re dropping points all over the place.

Too much pressure on Morelos with this system.  We need more goals coming from midfield.  The midfield doesn’t score enough and that really needs looked at in the summer.  We need a couple of midfielders who are capable of scoring 10-15 goals a season.  

Archived