Now Is The Time To Call Out The Referees

scottyc06

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Won't solve everything. Would have given us a penalty in Aberdeen, chopped off sellic's goal at CP, chopped off sellic's goal at Hampden chopped off Killie's goal last night at very least. Those are all massive black and white calls in the last 2 months.

and given Hamilton a pen last week but it’s a no brainer especially with the decisions against us far out weigh the decisions that have been an advantage to us.

5 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

I guess  last nights refereeing  performance  will be totally ignored  

The scum would be demanding heads roll by now ..Weeks and weeks of this garbage 

Out team being not good enough should not be an excuse to ignore more decisions going against us and nothing given for us 

It is scandalous .I just wonder why our club aren’t saying a thing 

I know the team aren’t playing to the standard pre break but we are doing enough to win games, the ridiculous calls or non calls by refs are killing us practically and motivationally. The players must wonder what they have to do to get a fair crack. 
What  I’m saying is it must play like hell on your mindset wondering what the hell is gonna be called against you next. 

There is a hardy game being called against us week after week and it would get even the strongest character down  

We defo need to propagate a siege mentality at Ibrox  

1 minute ago, OceanRain said:

And lead to an increase in the number of 50/50 calls going against us.

Why? Fewer factors to hide behind suggest otherwise. Corruption usually requires some ability to at least try to hide it.

You at least have to let people see the bias in all its slowed down, multiple angle, no excuses glory and let them ignore it then. If they're as brazen as to be corrupt in full VAR view, at least you'll know you've tried everything.

I'm still bitterly sore after last night but I've realised something.

We have a decent team, better than anyone else in the league bar the scum but we're not good enough to win every game when playing against 12 men.

I honestly believe if we were refereed the same as everyone else, we'd be top of the table, even when we're having  bad run of form. Too often however, when we're not playing well, the referee swings it. Fouls go unpunished, leading our players to get frustrated and feel hard done by, play gets broken up without cards when we start attacks. Goals not given, penalties not given, opposition not carded.

Are we good enough to win the league? Perhaps not, but we'd be a damn sight better if we weren't constantly fucked over during games.

6 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Why?

Because you don't stop corruption by adding another referee into the mix.

Furthermore, you simply start awarding fouls and yellow cards which don't allow for VAR reviews.

It's not exactly crime of the century stuff.

Tbh there's no way John Beaton can referee us fairly when the guy has been getting death threats from tarriers. However this is something the club need to push the SFA on as it's pretty clear we are being treated to a different standard.

Last night alone off the top of my head we had:

• Their player dived no booking, Alfie dived and is booked
  • Kilmarnock handball for their goal
  • Perfectly good goal chopped off
  • Some no mark Killie player wrapping his arms round Tav's neck and pulling him back when we are on a counterattack- no booking

Said it last night referees can't be blamed for us playing badly but they can be blamed for costing us points.

There's no way we can expect our team to play the way they played at the midden every week, its a completely unrealistic expectation.

Seen a few posts last night saying that mob have been cruising through games this season, utter horseshit. They've handed out a few doings this season for sure but how many weekends have we went through where a post pops up from someone who's watched their game pointing out they were struggling until the ref gave them a big decision, like a pen or a red card for their opposition? More than a handful easily and a good amount of them they got lucky because it wasn't a pen or a sending off. How much of a point swing does that amount to? 5 to 10 give or take?

Had enough arguing about it tbh. Yes the refs would be irrelevant if we were 10 out of 10 every week but we're not going to be 10 out of 10 every week, no Rangers team in my lifetime has ever done that.

1 hour ago, Sweettartangirl said:

I don't trust VAR neither. It ruins the game as much as the refs do imo 

This!

You can just imagine being refereed by that banger Madden and getting fuck all then they go to the video refs who are Collum and Clancy.

6 minutes ago, OceanRain said:

Because you don't stop corruption by adding another referee into the mix.

Furthermore, you simply start awarding fouls and yellow cards which don't allow for VAR reviews.

It's not exactly crime of the century stuff.

You stop corruption by making it less easy to hide it.

Seeing as all major decisions are assessed by VAR, forcing any corrupts to find a new more convaluted way to affect the competition is better than doing nothing.

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Seeing as all major decisions are assessed by VAR, forcing any corrupts to find a new more convaluted way to affect the competition is better than doing nothing.

And that's if it's actual corruption at play. If it's some other form of bias causing it VAR would be pretty damned effective in removing inconsistencies.

9 minutes ago, Inigo said:

No, you stop corruption by changing the regime and that isn't going to happen.

Funnily enough, I live in Leeds and this is the exact same mindset of the fans down here. The FA simply doesn't want Leeds in the Premier League and the Championship doesn't want to lose them, so there's a conspiracy in place to ensure they are reffed and regulated to a different standard than the rest of the Championship.

Unfortunately, what's more likely, is that Leeds United are a massive club who have underachieved for years, with a large, passionate and loyal fanbase, and whenever they seem to be within touching distance of success the weight of expectation becomes too much for the players and the staff, and they bottle it.

Sound familiar?

Bring in VAR fine. 

problem is doesn’t change the fact our players are a gutless, spineless shower of bottle merchants. Say even if their first goal had been ruled out for handball I’m pretty sure Killie would still have scored. We were all over the place - as usual 

2 minutes ago, OceanRain said:

No, you stop corruption by changing the regime and that isn't going to happen.

Funnily enough, I live in Leeds and this is the exact same mindset of the fans down here. The FA simply doesn't want Leeds in the Premier League and the Championship doesn't want to lose them, so there's a conspiracy in place to ensure they are reffed and regulated to a different standard than the rest of the Championship.

Unfortunately, what's more likely is that Leeds United are a massive club who have underachieved for years, with a large, passionate and loyal fanbase, and whenever they seem to be within touching distance of success the weight becomes too much for the players and the staff and they bottle it.

Sound familiar?

You stop it by changing regimes, having more influence on the regime, and making things, now and in the future, as transparent as possible. VAR is more transparent than no VAR.

You work to change all of those things. If VAR is achievable earlier than minimising the influence of sellic is, then so be it.

39 minutes ago, OceanRain said:

😂

Look I’m as sceptical as the next cunt ,but even I can’t see how they can manipulate things like blatant handball and offsides ,things like that ain’t opinion .its opinion and black and white calls that ain’t going our way 

Archived