Now Is The Time To Call Out The Referees

scottyc06

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

You stop it by changing regimes, having more influence on the regime, and making things, now and in the future, as transparent as possible. VAR is more transparent than no VAR.

You work to change all of those things. If VAR is achievable earlier than minimising the influence of sellic is, then so be it.

You do realise that VAR will be operated by SFA appointed officials, and not by Jim Traynor via a dodgy RTV stream in his front room? Yes?

We have dropped points in 6 games this season

Tarriers at Ibrox - tactics wrong, poor performance, no complaints (VAR could have ruled out their opener as his foot was offside) but we deserved nothing that day

Hearts away (1-1) - no complaints

Aberdeen away (2-2) - Red card for Cosgrove in first 10 mins and definite penalty - 2 points cost

Hearts away (2-1) - no complaints

Aberdeen at Ibrox (0-0) - no complaints although ref was astonishingly bad throughout

Kilmarnock away - 2 red cards, handball leading to equaliser and either a pen on Alfredo or a goal for Alfredo - 3 points cost

All of these are black and white and VAR would have us 5 points better off

Can't think of one example of a black and white mistake gaining us points but happy to be corrected

Not got time to direct the cup final lol

Add to this the now weekly occurrence of teams fouling unpunished, time wasting without consequence and being allowed to kick us all over the park with impunity while we get booked for less and it has been a horrendous year for us with decisions

I watched the hearts highlights for the scum game (which I never do) but wanted to see the game given they put 5 past them. The amount of times Hearts were running back towards their own goal from the halfway line was unreal. Teams camp on their 18yd box when playing us, seems they don't against celtic. Not sure why given they regularly hump other teams.

1 hour ago, soulboy said:

Until we get VAR we're winning nothing there are far far far to many wrong calls that's costing us points from winning positions. Plus the cup final debacle. 

Morelos pen would've been retaken due to lurch being 2 yards off his line and their goal would not have stood. 

Get a grip ffs. 

Why can't folk see the real problem that we are fucking shite? 

Blame lies at the manager and the players not the lack of VAR for another disastrous start to 2020.

1 minute ago, OceanRain said:

You do realise that VAR will be operated by SFA appointed officials, and not by Jim Traynor via a dodgy RTV stream in his front room? Yes?

No way man! Really? Phew, that was close. Glad you're here to keep us right about these kinds of things. We all have our call in life, I guess.

1 minute ago, JackAlex93 said:

Get a grip ffs. 

Why can't folk see the real problem that we are fucking shite? 

Blame lies at the manager and the players not the lack of VAR for another disastrous start to 2020.

There can be more than one problem JA

That our form has been poor since the winter break is not being disputed. That doesn't mean that we have lost points (5 of them) and a cup final due to very bad black and white decisions that VAR would have stopped

VAR isn't designed to help our form, its designed to eliminate "clear and obvious errors"

There's plenty of threads on our form (or lack thereof) and no-one is saying we're playing well.

1 hour ago, the cry was no said:

With VAR this season we'd be 5 points better off and have a trophy in the cabinet

VAR would have sent Burke off and disallowed their goal last night

VAR would have given the penalty that Beaton was unsighted at at Pittodrie 

VAR would have disallowed the tarriers goal at Hampden and have the penalty re-taken

We have our own version of VAR in Scotland - Vatican Assisted Refereeing

Whilst I agree with the above, the taigs also has 2 absolutely stonewall penalties against Hibs in the game they drew there. 

VAR would benefit us, but don’t think for a second the pressure on the VARs would be upped by the taigs to be in their favour

36 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Tbh there's no way John Beaton can referee us fairly when the guy has been getting death threats from tarriers. However this is something the club need to push the SFA on as it's pretty clear we are being treated to a different standard.

Last night alone off the top of my head we had:

• Their player dived no booking, Alfie dived and is booked
  • Kilmarnock handball for their goal
  • Perfectly good goal chopped off
  • Some no mark Killie player wrapping his arms round Tav's neck and pulling him back when we are on a counterattack- no booking

:tu:

..... and the list continues to grow mate ..... fucking horrendous.

🇬🇧

1 hour ago, Sweettartangirl said:

I know what you're saying, however it doesn't change the fact that the players are the guys who really need to step up. Shouldn't have to be relying on VAR to do the job for us all the time...and I don't think it would have. VAR isn't 100% reliable. See that in games down south. 

would var have given hamilton the stonewall pen on sat when it was 1 1   this place would have been in uproar if that had happened to us

1 minute ago, plymouthranger said:

Whilst I agree with the above, the taigs also has 2 absolutely stonewall penalties against Hibs in the game they drew there. 

VAR would benefit us, but don’t think for a second the pressure on the VARs would be upped by the taigs to be in their favour

They did indeed mate

They should also have been down to 10 men when Ntcham raised his hands 3 times to the  Hibs player and both got booked in the first half

That game also saw Nick Walsh (4th official) buzzing the ref and awarding a free kick to celtic as Hibs broke on goal (1 up at the time) celtic took a quick free kick and scored from it as the Hibs players were confused with what was going on. First time I've ever seen a 4th official overrule a ref. Same 4th official was a few yards away with a perfect view of the Ntcham incident but must have lost his buzzer

But lets say they got their penalties and the three points, that offsets the ridiculous blatant fouls not given against the thumb and Christie in the lead up to their late winner v Hamilton

55 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Tbh there's no way John Beaton can referee us fairly when the guy has been getting death threats from tarriers. However this is something the club need to push the SFA on as it's pretty clear we are being treated to a different standard.

• Some no mark Killie player wrapping his arms round Tav's neck and pulling him back when we are on a counterattack- no booking

Spot on mate. 

57 minutes ago, B1872 said:

It's also pretty clear our club will be doing nothing about it, along with many other injustices.

The ref's are cheating bastards, no doubt, but not the sole reason for our shit performances and results. We have many issues not being adressed. Do not expect players with hearts of mice to suddenly turn into lions when they cross that white line and that's only the start of our problems.

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

How would we be top exactly?

We have dropped 10 points without officials being the reason.

Who's to say we would have scored the penalty at Aberdeen? 

It's opinion mate. We are allowed to have different ones but way to miss the point.

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

How would we be top exactly?

We have dropped 10 points without officials being the reason.

Who's to say we would have scored the penalty at Aberdeen? 

I would like the chance at least to score it. You can never score a pen that isn’t given

1 minute ago, the cry was no said:

Actually Beaton's made a cunt of it twice and cost us 5 crucial points, that's the bottom line.

Our forms push at the moment but Beaton's is worse (or better if you like)

I agree. The refs are cheating bastards, but we are giving them the power to fuck us over, by not putting games to bed earlier. We are putting ourselves into positions in games, which the refs can influence the results with their cheating or bad decision making.

Start scudding teams like we should be, and refs have absolutely no input into the end results.

Only have ourselves to blame.

4 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I agree. The refs are cheating bastards, but we are giving them the power to fuck us over, by not putting games to bed earlier. We are putting ourselves into positions in games, which the refs can influence the results with their cheating or bad decision making.

Start scudding teams like we should be, and refs have absolutely no input into the end results.

Only have ourselves to blame.

We won at the piggery ,but Clancy still fucked us over ,we shouldn’t be getting fucked over by refs ,

One more bad decision from Clancy that day and we don’t win that either ,Sometimes we play better than others but at no time should we need to overcome a bias ref 

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Not necessarily because it’s at the discretion of the cunts sitting behind the screen viewing it and I wouldn’t trust the SFA to employ independent not tainted by Tarrier mindset people to do the job.

After seeing what is happening in the English game with VAR I think you are right, we just move the decision to another Rangers hating wanker in a room miles from the game.

I assumed when VAR came in it would be good and while it should have probably won us the cup last year (retaken penalty/offside winner) I see so many strange decisions from down south where it is not as biased as up here then I am very sceptical to say the least. 

Archived