Now Is The Time To Call Out The Referees

scottyc06

1 hour ago, theiconicman said:

I'm still bitterly sore after last night but I've realised something.

We have a decent team, better than anyone else in the league bar the scum but we're not good enough to win every game when playing against 12 men.

I honestly believe if we were refereed the same as everyone else, we'd be top of the table, even when we're having  bad run of form. Too often however, when we're not playing well, the referee swings it. Fouls go unpunished, leading our players to get frustrated and feel hard done by, play gets broken up without cards when we start attacks. Goals not given, penalties not given, opposition not carded.

Are we good enough to win the league? Perhaps not, but we'd be a damn sight better if we weren't constantly fucked over during games.

Agree with the players getting frustrated. Especially at ibrox our players follow the crowd by putting more effort in to moan at the ref rather than play the game!

Also i think we have better players than celtic. Its the mentality of our players and the mentality of the 10 other clubs when the play us and them. 

Its difficult but stick with what we have in charge and we will get there.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I never missed any point mate, you said you believed we would be top. I asked how would we be top?

If we go on decisions that have cost us points, 2 at Aberdeen and 3 last night. That's 5 points, we are currently 10 behind!

Don't know how anyone can't see it. There has been much more than just two games and when you flip it to the other side, they are getting decisions where they would have dropped points i.e. Hamilton. Ten points easy.

8 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I never missed any point mate, you said you believed we would be top. I asked how would we be top?

If we go on decisions that have cost us points, 2 at Aberdeen and 3 last night. That's 5 points, we are currently 10 behind!

Their last minute winner vs Hamilton should never have stood either. We should be 3 behind with a game in hand with them having a slight edge with a  better goal difference and have a trophy in the bag already.   Instead we're pretty much out of the title race altogether. 

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

Tbh there's no way John Beaton can referee us fairly when the guy has been getting death threats from tarriers. However this is something the club need to push the SFA on as it's pretty clear we are being treated to a different standard.

Last night alone off the top of my head we had:

• Their player dived no booking, Alfie dived and is booked
  • Kilmarnock handball for their goal
  • Perfectly good goal chopped off
  • Some no mark Killie player wrapping his arms round Tav's neck and pulling him back when we are on a counterattack- no booking

It doesn’t matter how shite everyone thinks we are, if those are called correctly we win comfortably.

VAR would make no difference to the problems with this squad and only a deflection from the real problems.

I'll say it yet again, bar 4 or 5 players we neither have the quality or mentaility  needed to win a title. Throw in Stevie's blind spot for his favourites and the shitebaggery we have a full house.

VAR wouldn't prevent our low tempo ponderous style of play. Nor the square passing, nor the misplaced passing, the losing of the individual battles, the 50/50's,  the poor crossing, the shit finishing and the shitebaggery. 

Grasping at straws looking elsewhere, as the answer lies within..

2 hours ago, Sweettartangirl said:

And unless VAR was used by independent refs outwith Scotland as already mentioned....it would still be used in the same way so there would be no win win for us. 

This. The refs up here have had clear views of all incidents mentioned and STILL didn't award us anything so I see nothing to suggest VAR will benefit us at all. 

Two league games in a row now one of our players have been manhandled enough to stop them moving....in fact, one wrestled to the ground and no booking. Refs had clear enough view to award a foul. It's just out & out fraud.

2 hours ago, the cry was no said:

With VAR this season we'd be 5 points better off and have a trophy in the cabinet

VAR would have sent Burke off and disallowed their goal last night

VAR would have given the penalty that Beaton was unsighted at at Pittodrie 

VAR would have disallowed the tarriers goal at Hampden and have the penalty re-taken

We have our own version of VAR in Scotland - Vatican Assisted Refereeing

☝️ this

3 hours ago, Sweettartangirl said:

I know what you're saying, however it doesn't change the fact that the players are the guys who really need to step up. Shouldn't have to be relying on VAR to do the job for us all the time...and I don't think it would have. VAR isn't 100% reliable. See that in games down south. 

First goal wouldn’t have stood. 
Nobody is asking VAR to do our job we are just asking for a fair call off the Refs. 

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

VAR would make no difference to the problems with this squad and only a deflection from the real problems.

I'll say it yet again, bar 4 or 5 players we neither have the quality or mentaility  needed to win a title. Throw in Stevie's blind spot for his favourites and the shitebaggery we have a full house.

VAR wouldn't prevent our low tempo ponderous style of play. Nor the square passing, nor the misplaced passing, the losing of the individual battles, the 50/50's,  the poor crossing, the shit finishing and the shitebaggery. 

Grasping at straws looking elsewhere, as the answer lies within..

VAR isn't supposed to 

VAR would have us 5 points better off

Like I've said before our form is shit but that is a different conversation. Trying to conflate the two is nonsensical

2 hours ago, magic8ball said:

We won at the piggery ,but Clancy still fucked us over ,we shouldn’t be getting fucked over by refs ,

One more bad decision from Clancy that day and we don’t win that either ,Sometimes we play better than others but at no time should we need to overcome a bias ref 

Sadly that is what we are up against, and the management and players need that fact drummed into them.

5 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Sadly that is what we are up against, and the management and players need that fact drummed into them.

There’s part of me thinking the loss of form could be something to do with the balance of decisions ,maybe clutching at straws ,what was a good team at the end of last year doesn’t become shite ,I do have other ideas why the loss of form too 

4 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Not necessarily because it’s at the discretion of the cunts sitting behind the screen viewing it and I wouldn’t trust the SFA to employ independent not tainted by Tarrier mindset people to do the job.

Knowing our luck, they’d be dragging up a load of indiscretions by us which we’d otherwise have got away with....

3 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

Get a grip ffs. 

Why can't folk see the real problem that we are fucking shite? 

Blame lies at the manager and the players not the lack of VAR for another disastrous start to 2020.

So all the games we've dropped points from a winning position have been our own fault nothing to do with referees right you are then so your either blind or trolling

Rangers would of had a cup this season if it wasn’t for corruption, on that there’s no argument. Argumentatively they would be currently top of this league. I agree Rangers are their own worse enemy because the manager refuses to drop ineffective players but we shouldn’t allow that as being a defence of whats what.

4 hours ago, B1872 said:

Tbh there's no way John Beaton can referee us fairly when the guy has been getting death threats from tarriers. However this is something the club need to push the SFA on as it's pretty clear we are being treated to a different standard.

Last night alone off the top of my head we had:

• Their player dived no booking, It was their captain, a player who'd already been booked.  He should have been off. Alfie dived and is booked
  • Kilmarnock handball for their goal
  • Perfectly good goal chopped off there was minimal contact and Findlay threw himself once he saw Alfie's connection on the header.  
  • Some no mark Killie player wrapping his arms round Tav's neck and pulling him back when we are on a counterattack- no booking McKenzie - also kicked the ball away when going to take a corner...also tried to stop a throw-in by jumping with his hands in the air!
  • Morelos pushed over in the box, not dissimilar to the disallowed goal.  No penalty.....no consistency

It's getting harder for me to say this....but the behaviour of celtic, their fans and their press cheerleaders are creating this climate of fear where officials (and I still hope it's subconscious and not deliberate) will tend to lean more favourably against us when there's a potential controversial decision.

Archived