Now Is The Time To Call Out The Referees

scottyc06

We are dealt an unfair hand by the refs.

We are dealt an unfair hand by the mhedia.

But,  we need to look at ourselves.   How many of our players could be proud of their recent performances?   None.  And that has nothing to do with the refs or the mhedia.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can cope with unfair refereeing if we are playing well and we can cope with grinding out results when playing shite if referees officiate fairly but it’s too tall an order for both.

its also fair to say that if referees don’t give fouls or bookings for fouls on us that it disrupts the game and we can’t get into any rhythm so they aren’t mutually exclusive.

want to us have a hunger and fight and jo for livingston’s jugular from the off at the weekend and if we do then referee decisions will not matter one jot.

17 hours ago, The Widow's Son said:

I've watched all recent games and we seem very flat especially in the last 15 minutes where we seem to run out of juice.  Perhaps it's time to rethink training and conditioning.  We can all see that we depend way too much on Morelos and I'm tired to watching the square ball.  Blaming referees won't help.  In all my years of following Rangers - and I go back to the 1950's -  I've never seen this level of blame given to referees.  The players are all paid good money to win and they should be crushing opponents who are neither as skillful or as well paid.  I don't believe in Santa Claus, the tooth fairy or crooked refs and you shouldn't either.    

With all due respect to your opinion mate .... as a lot of your post does ring true ...... except as far as the refereeing situation goes unfortunately.

Let me put it this way ...... if we continue to allow the blatant bias from SFA refereeing officials that has been extremely detrimental to our league challenges .... then we can expect crowds to lose interest and dwindle and it has happened before .... not all because of referees granted ...... though this situation has the very real potential of drastically  cutting our incoming revenue  ...... trapping us in a negative equity situation that extremely hampers our progress . 

The amount of points we have lost by the various referees' atrocious game changing decisions has already cost us many potential millions of £ sterling ...... it just can't go on indefinitely without challenge  .... as it is tarnishing our brand and our footballing chances of a decent attempt to garner any lucrative Champions league monies.

The way it is perceived here .... is that if we were to have 50% of the negative decisions in our favour ..... we would not be talking about his situation ..... the reason we are .... is because it's just not happening on the pitch .... so we have no alternative but to broach the biased situation.

As it stands now ..... even if we had Messi and Ronaldo and Hagi the elder .... all in their prime playing for us .... we would still be up against an incredibly intense anti Rangers agenda ..... that because they couldn't kill us off ......  now appears to be Hell bent on severley crippling us as a force to be reckoned with.

It's not as easy as ignoring the detrimental affect the transparently biased referees have played mate ...... even if we had multi millions to spend on the likes of the players mentioned above ..... until the situation with the elephant in the room is sorted out .... we will advance no further ..... even our players must be sick as parrots to see decisions continually go against them when it is blatant that the opposite was true ... this must have a negative effect on their play when it happens week after week  ..... this unwanted situation with officials has to be a top priority as they are a major factor in our down turn and seemingly permanent second place position in Scottish football.

This can never be accepted ..... and if our board think it is acceptable to remain silent on what the support are witnessing week in week out from the stands .... then the crowds will ultimately dwindle .... as who wants to see us being continually hamstrung by biased officials with no attempt to stem the growing discontentment of our support  ...... silence from our own people within the walls of Ibrox can never be a good sign of strength as it just doesn't get the job done ...... If we are to stop "blaming referees"...... then the SFA must be made aware from our Club that this continued bias is no longer to be tolerated.

🇬🇧

10 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

With all due respect to your opinion mate .... as a lot of your post does ring true ...... except as far as the refereeing situation goes unfortunately.

Let me put it this way ...... if we continue to allow the blatant bias from SFA refereeing officials that has been extremely detrimental to our league challenges .... then we can expect crowds to lose interest and dwindle and it has happened before .... not all because of referees granted ...... though this situation has the very real potential of drastically  cutting our incoming revenue  ...... trapping us in a negative equity situation that extremely hampers our progress . 

The amount of points we have lost by the various referees' atrocious game changing decisions has already cost us many potential millions of £ sterling ...... it just can't go on indefinitely without challenge  .... as it is tarnishing our brand and our footballing chances of a decent attempt to garner any lucrative Champions league monies.

The way it is perceived here .... is that if we were to have 50% of the negative decisions in our favour ..... we would not be talking about his situation ..... the reason we are .... is because it's just not happening on the pitch .... so we have no alternative but to broach the biased situation.

As it stands now ..... even if we had Messi and Ronaldo and Hagi the elder .... all in their prime playing for us .... we would still be up against an incredibly intense anti Rangers agenda ..... that because they couldn't kill us off ......  now appears to be Hell bent on severley crippling us as a force to reckoned with.

It's not as easy as ignoring the detrimental affect the transparently biased referees have played mate ...... even if we had multi millions to spend on the likes of the players mentioned above ..... until the situation with the elephant in the room is sorted out .... we will advance no further ..... even our players must be sick as parrots to see decisions continually go against them when it is blatant that the opposite was true ... this must have a negative effect on their play when it happens week after week  ..... this unwanted situation with officials has to be a top priority as they are a major factor in our down turn and seemingly permanent second place position in Scottish football.

This can never be accepted ..... and if our board think it is acceptable to remain silent on what the support are witnessing week in week out from the stands .... then the crowds will ultimately dwindle .... as who wants to see us being continually hamstrung by biased officials with no attempt to stem the growing discontentment of our support  ...... silence from our own people within the walls of Ibrox can never be a good sign of strength as it just doesn't get the job done ...... If we are to stop "blaming referees"...... then the SFA must be made aware from our Club that this continued bias is no longer to be tolerated.

🇬🇧

Good post mate.

2 hours ago, The Widow's Son said:

I've watched all recent games and we seem very flat especially in the last 15 minutes where we seem to run out of juice.  Perhaps it's time to rethink training and conditioning.  We can all see that we depend way too much on Morelos and I'm tired to watching the square ball.  Blaming referees won't help.  In all my years of following Rangers - and I go back to the 1950's -  I've never seen this level of blame given to referees.  The players are all paid good money to win and they should be crushing opponents who are neither as skillful or as well paid.  I don't believe in Santa Claus, the tooth fairy or crooked refs and you shouldn't either.    

The referee argument could go on till the season ends but you have a point.

Has there been poor decisions and shocking decisions go against the Club?    Absolutely there has.

Is it getting worse?    It seems to be.

Does the Referee put the ball in the net?     No he doesn't and never has.

Did the Referee make Morelos dive on Wed. night when he was passed the defender who tugged his arm?     No he didn't.

Would he have scored had he stayed on his feet when he would have been through on goal?        We'll never know will we.

Should Morelos have scored the time he hit the bar?      imo yes he should have it was still 1-0 and he scores there chances are we cruise to a win.

Sounds like i'm blaming Morelos but i'm not. I'm merely pointing out two instances in the game that we should/could  have scored from and would have negated any argument about ridiculous refereeing.

We are beating ourselves by not finishing games off when we have the majority of the play and possession.

A long hard look in the mirror is required by a lot of these players who have shit all over the Manager who showed faith in them and if they don't waken up , and very quickly , they'll be out the door because it sounds like SG has finally lost patience with the passengers in the team.

30 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

As it stands now ..... even if we had Messi and Ronaldo and Hagi the elder .... all in their prime playing for us .... we would still be up against an incredibly intense anti Rangers agenda ..... that because they couldn't kill us off ......  now appears to be Hell bent on severley crippling us as a force to reckoned with.

🇬🇧

This ref situation is frying my dying grey matter.

The million dollar question is, why are the club not challenging it? Another poster has suggested it was due to the five way agreement. If that's the case then there is no point to us. You can't participate in a sport that is so obviously bent. It's a rigged game and punters should not be paying money to watch it.

5 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

😂😂 so one push on Buff isn’t enough for him to go down and his over the top fall means it’s not a pen, but the same level of push if not less resulting in the defender doing a delayed reaction double twist with a triple somersault thrown in means it’s a foul. 

Aye very good. 

Precisely, can’t have it both ways DR!!

3 hours ago, Canabear said:

The referee argument could go on till the season ends but you have a point.

Has there been poor decisions and shocking decisions go against the Club?    Absolutely there has.

Is it getting worse?    It seems to be.

Does the Referee put the ball in the net?     No he doesn't and never has.

Did the Referee make Morelos dive on Wed. night when he was passed the defender who tugged his arm?     No he didn't.

Would he have scored had he stayed on his feet when he would have been through on goal?        We'll never know will we.

Should Morelos have scored the time he hit the bar?      imo yes he should have it was still 1-0 and he scores there chances are we cruise to a win.

Sounds like i'm blaming Morelos but i'm not. I'm merely pointing out two instances in the game that we should/could  have scored from and would have negated any argument about ridiculous refereeing.

We are beating ourselves by not finishing games off when we have the majority of the play and possession.

A long hard look in the mirror is required by a lot of these players who have shit all over the Manager who showed faith in them and if they don't waken up , and very quickly , they'll be out the door because it sounds like SG has finally lost patience with the passengers in the team.

He did score to negate any refereeing and the Ref chopped it off. 
So we can’t win can we. 

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Tbf boyd only works for tarrier tv now, it maybe their official club channel but he is like our rtv guys, nothing else, 

Beale is part of the clubs coaching staff, 

If that was true then why did the CO give him a citation. He is employed by ScumFC speaks for ScumFC in an official capacity. 

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Tbf boyd only works for tarrier tv now, it maybe their official club channel but he is like our rtv guys, nothing else, 

Beale is part of the clubs coaching staff, 

He is club ambassador, an employee. So whilst he wouldnt get banned from touch side like Beale he and the club could still be punished.

Imo probably has been with a wee warning but it wont get revealed publicly.

7 hours ago, The Widow's Son said:

And that is why your miles away from Glasgow. Totally out of touch 

More I watch the chopped off goal, the harder to see whether there is any push or whether Alfredo is just with outstretched hands protecting his space. The fact the guy doesnt seem to go down as if pushed until after he's turned and looked over his shoulder seeing Alfie getting his head on it suggests the latter. Even more incredible is the foul was given when the refs view was clearly obstructed by 2 players. Well maybe not incredible, maybe it's easy to make a huge conscious decision to chop off a goal based on something he couldnt see.

Paranoid but.

7 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

🇬🇧

Excellent post mate, I would like you to print that and send a copy to Stevie and Robertson because while we are playing poorly there is no doubt the refereeing decisions are playing a major part. 

:cheers:

9 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

🇬🇧

Spot on mate.Do you want to go to Ibrox every second Saturday just to see your team get fkd over by a Clancy or a Madden.Bears will think is it worth shelving out £500 for a season ticket when you have no chance with these cheating fkrs.

23 minutes ago, SURRENDERNO said:

Spot on mate.Do you want to go to Ibrox every second Saturday just to see your team get fkd over by a Clancy or a Madden.Bears will think is it worth shelving out £500 for a season ticket when you have no chance with these cheating fkrs.

Time to tell the board this, protect the club or eventually we’ll fuck off!!

9 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

🇬🇧

Careful mate, you don’t want to look like your running around telling everyone that the refs have cost us the league........ great post btw👍🏻

12 hours ago, the cry was no said:

Burke's last man push on Kent as he prepared to strike at goal (a goal scoring opportunity if ever there was one and no other cover anywhere to be seen) was a stonewall red card.

No mention in the rhebel article, not shown on Sportscene, one replay in the live coverage then dismissed

A massive moment in the game and airbrushed from history

Has anyone got a clip of it?

15 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Just seen the Morelos "goal" for the first time and cannot believe it wasn't given. Contact on defender is minimal and not enough to justify cancelling the goal. 

Have a look at stills on previous page. It's worse as Beaton cant even see the contact due to players obscuring view.

Archived