Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
scottyc06

Now Is The Time To Call Out The Referees

Recommended Posts


36 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

'Review the ref' is a good concept for an article, but the review should have been done by a ref outwith Scotland for the journo to write.

:tu:

Totally agree mate ...... Time we had a few unbiased Colombian referees enlisted in the ranks .....  just to balance the scales as it were ....... :p:

When I say enlisted in the ranks ..... I don't mean for some poxy rag ...... but actually on the field of play ..... paid from the SFA coffers ..... again just for parity ..... :innocent:

:UK: 

HG5 and Sweetheart like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've watched all recent games and we seem very flat especially in the last 15 minutes where we seem to run out of juice.  Perhaps it's time to rethink training and conditioning.  We can all see that we depend way too much on Morelos and I'm tired to watching the square ball.  Blaming referees won't help.  In all my years of following Rangers - and I go back to the 1950's -  I've never seen this level of blame given to referees.  The players are all paid good money to win and they should be crushing opponents who are neither as skillful or as well paid.  I don't believe in Santa Claus, the tooth fairy or crooked refs and you shouldn't either.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are dealt an unfair hand by the refs.

We are dealt an unfair hand by the mhedia.

But,  we need to look at ourselves.   How many of our players could be proud of their recent performances?   None.  And that has nothing to do with the refs or the mhedia.

BILLYBOY50, RFCRobertson and HG5 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We can cope with unfair refereeing if we are playing well and we can cope with grinding out results when playing shite if referees officiate fairly but it’s too tall an order for both.

its also fair to say that if referees don’t give fouls or bookings for fouls on us that it disrupts the game and we can’t get into any rhythm so they aren’t mutually exclusive.

want to us have a hunger and fight and jo for livingston’s jugular from the off at the weekend and if we do then referee decisions will not matter one jot.

Vision likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

With all due respect to your opinion mate .... as a lot of your post does ring true ...... except as far as the refereeing situation goes unfortunately.

 Let me put it this way ...... if we continue to allow the blatant bias from SFA refereeing officials that has been extremely detrimental to our league challenges .... then we can expect crowds to lose interest and dwindle and it has happened before .... not all because of referees granted ...... though this situation has the very real potential of drastically  cutting our incoming revenue  ...... trapping us in a negative equity situation that extremely hampers our progress . 

The amount of points we have lost by the various referees' atrocious game changing decisions has already cost us many potential millions of £ sterling ...... it just can't go on indefinitely without challenge  .... as it is tarnishing our brand and our footballing chances of a decent attempt to garner any lucrative Champions league monies.

The way it is perceived here .... is that if we were to have 50% of the negative decisions in our favour ..... we would not be talking about his situation ..... the reason we are .... is because it's just not happening on the pitch .... so we have no alternative but to broach the biased situation.

As it stands now ..... even if we had Messi and Ronaldo and Hagi the elder .... all in their prime playing for us .... we would still be up against an incredibly intense anti Rangers agenda ..... that because they couldn't kill us off ......  now appears to be Hell bent on severley crippling us as a force to reckoned with.

It's not as easy as ignoring the detrimental affect the transparently biased referees have played mate ...... even if we had multi millions to spend on the likes of the players mentioned above ..... until the situation with the elephant in the room is sorted out .... we will advance no further ..... even our players must be sick as parrots to see decisions continually go against them when it is blatant that the opposite was true ... this must have a negative effect on their play when it happens week after week  ..... this unwanted situation with officials has to be a top priority as they are a major factor in our down turn and seemingly permanent second place position in Scottish football.

This can never be accepted ..... and if our board think it is acceptable to remain silent on what the support are witnessing week in week out from the stands .... then the crowds will ultimately dwindle .... as who wants to see us being continually hamstrung by biased officials with no attempt to stem the growing discontentment of our support  ...... silence from our own people within the walls of Ibrox can never be a good sign of strength as it just doesn't get the job done ...... If we are to stop "blaming referees"...... then the SFA must be made aware from our Club that this continued bias is no longer to be tolerated.

🇬🇧

Good post mate.

Bobby Hume and Sweetheart like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Widow's Son said:

I've watched all recent games and we seem very flat especially in the last 15 minutes where we seem to run out of juice.  Perhaps it's time to rethink training and conditioning.  We can all see that we depend way too much on Morelos and I'm tired to watching the square ball.  Blaming referees won't help.  In all my years of following Rangers - and I go back to the 1950's -  I've never seen this level of blame given to referees.  The players are all paid good money to win and they should be crushing opponents who are neither as skillful or as well paid.  I don't believe in Santa Claus, the tooth fairy or crooked refs and you shouldn't either.    

The referee argument could go on till the season ends but you have a point.

Has there been poor decisions and shocking decisions go against the Club?    Absolutely there has.

Is it getting worse?    It seems to be.

Does the Referee put the ball in the net?     No he doesn't and never has.

Did the Referee make Morelos dive on Wed. night when he was passed the defender who tugged his arm?     No he didn't.

Would he have scored had he stayed on his feet when he would have been through on goal?        We'll never know will we.

Should Morelos have scored the time he hit the bar?      imo yes he should have it was still 1-0 and he scores there chances are we cruise to a win.

Sounds like i'm blaming Morelos but i'm not. I'm merely pointing out two instances in the game that we should/could  have scored from and would have negated any argument about ridiculous refereeing.

We are beating ourselves by not finishing games off when we have the majority of the play and possession.

A long hard look in the mirror is required by a lot of these players who have shit all over the Manager who showed faith in them and if they don't waken up , and very quickly , they'll be out the door because it sounds like SG has finally lost patience with the passengers in the team.

 

HG5 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

😂😂 so one push on Buff isn’t enough for him to go down and his over the top fall means it’s not a pen, but the same level of push if not less resulting in the defender doing a delayed reaction double twist with a triple somersault thrown in means it’s a foul. 
 

Aye very good. 

Precisely, can’t have it both ways DR!!

Blumhoilann likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Beale gets suspended for calling out the referees. Tom Boyd gets nothing.

Tbf boyd only works for tarrier tv now, it maybe their official club channel but he is like our rtv guys, nothing else, 

Beale is part of the clubs coaching staff, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Canabear said:

The referee argument could go on till the season ends but you have a point.

Has there been poor decisions and shocking decisions go against the Club?    Absolutely there has.

Is it getting worse?    It seems to be.

Does the Referee put the ball in the net?     No he doesn't and never has.

Did the Referee make Morelos dive on Wed. night when he was passed the defender who tugged his arm?     No he didn't.

Would he have scored had he stayed on his feet when he would have been through on goal?        We'll never know will we.

Should Morelos have scored the time he hit the bar?      imo yes he should have it was still 1-0 and he scores there chances are we cruise to a win.

Sounds like i'm blaming Morelos but i'm not. I'm merely pointing out two instances in the game that we should/could  have scored from and would have negated any argument about ridiculous refereeing.

We are beating ourselves by not finishing games off when we have the majority of the play and possession.

A long hard look in the mirror is required by a lot of these players who have shit all over the Manager who showed faith in them and if they don't waken up , and very quickly , they'll be out the door because it sounds like SG has finally lost patience with the passengers in the team.

 

He did score to negate any refereeing and the Ref chopped it off. 
So we can’t win can we. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Tbf boyd only works for tarrier tv now, it maybe their official club channel but he is like our rtv guys, nothing else, 

Beale is part of the clubs coaching staff, 

If that was true then why did the CO give him a citation. He is employed by ScumFC speaks for ScumFC in an official capacity. 

Bobby Hume likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Tbf boyd only works for tarrier tv now, it maybe their official club channel but he is like our rtv guys, nothing else, 

Beale is part of the clubs coaching staff, 

He is club ambassador, an employee. So whilst he wouldnt get banned from touch side like Beale he and the club could still be punished.

Imo probably has been with a wee warning but it wont get revealed publicly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The Widow's Son said:

I've watched all recent games and we seem very flat especially in the last 15 minutes where we seem to run out of juice.  Perhaps it's time to rethink training and conditioning.  We can all see that we depend way too much on Morelos and I'm tired to watching the square ball.  Blaming referees won't help.  In all my years of following Rangers - and I go back to the 1950's -  I've never seen this level of blame given to referees.  The players are all paid good money to win and they should be crushing opponents who are neither as skillful or as well paid.  I don't believe in Santa Claus, the tooth fairy or crooked refs and you shouldn't either.    

And that is why your miles away from Glasgow. Totally out of touch 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More I watch the chopped off goal, the harder to see whether there is any push or whether Alfredo is just with outstretched hands protecting his space. The fact the guy doesnt seem to go down as if pushed until after he's turned and looked over his shoulder seeing Alfie getting his head on it suggests the latter. Even more incredible is the foul was given when the refs view was clearly obstructed by 2 players. Well maybe not incredible, maybe it's easy to make a huge conscious decision to chop off a goal based on something he couldnt see.

Paranoid but.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

With all due respect to your opinion mate .... as a lot of your post does ring true ...... except as far as the refereeing situation goes unfortunately.

 Let me put it this way ...... if we continue to allow the blatant bias from SFA refereeing officials that has been extremely detrimental to our league challenges .... then we can expect crowds to lose interest and dwindle and it has happened before .... not all because of referees granted ...... though this situation has the very real potential of drastically  cutting our incoming revenue  ...... trapping us in a negative equity situation that extremely hampers our progress . 

The amount of points we have lost by the various referees' atrocious game changing decisions has already cost us many potential millions of £ sterling ...... it just can't go on indefinitely without challenge  .... as it is tarnishing our brand and our footballing chances of a decent attempt to garner any lucrative Champions league monies.

The way it is perceived here .... is that if we were to have 50% of the negative decisions in our favour ..... we would not be talking about his situation ..... the reason we are .... is because it's just not happening on the pitch .... so we have no alternative but to broach the biased situation.

As it stands now ..... even if we had Messi and Ronaldo and Hagi the elder .... all in their prime playing for us .... we would still be up against an incredibly intense anti Rangers agenda ..... that because they couldn't kill us off ......  now appears to be Hell bent on severley crippling us as a force to reckoned with.

It's not as easy as ignoring the detrimental affect the transparently biased referees have played mate ...... even if we had multi millions to spend on the likes of the players mentioned above ..... until the situation with the elephant in the room is sorted out .... we will advance no further ..... even our players must be sick as parrots to see decisions continually go against them when it is blatant that the opposite was true ... this must have a negative effect on their play when it happens week after week  ..... this unwanted situation with officials has to be a top priority as they are a major factor in our down turn and seemingly permanent second place position in Scottish football.

This can never be accepted ..... and if our board think it is acceptable to remain silent on what the support are witnessing week in week out from the stands .... then the crowds will ultimately dwindle .... as who wants to see us being continually hamstrung by biased officials with no attempt to stem the growing discontentment of our support  ...... silence from our own people within the walls of Ibrox can never be a good sign of strength as it just doesn't get the job done ...... If we are to stop "blaming referees"...... then the SFA must be made aware from our Club that this continued bias is no longer to be tolerated.

🇬🇧

Excellent post mate, I would like you to print that and send a copy to Stevie and Robertson because while we are playing poorly there is no doubt the refereeing decisions are playing a major part. 

:cheers:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

With all due respect to your opinion mate .... as a lot of your post does ring true ...... except as far as the refereeing situation goes unfortunately.

 Let me put it this way ...... if we continue to allow the blatant bias from SFA refereeing officials that has been extremely detrimental to our league challenges .... then we can expect crowds to lose interest and dwindle and it has happened before .... not all because of referees granted ...... though this situation has the very real potential of drastically  cutting our incoming revenue  ...... trapping us in a negative equity situation that extremely hampers our progress . 

The amount of points we have lost by the various referees' atrocious game changing decisions has already cost us many potential millions of £ sterling ...... it just can't go on indefinitely without challenge  .... as it is tarnishing our brand and our footballing chances of a decent attempt to garner any lucrative Champions league monies.

The way it is perceived here .... is that if we were to have 50% of the negative decisions in our favour ..... we would not be talking about his situation ..... the reason we are .... is because it's just not happening on the pitch .... so we have no alternative but to broach the biased situation.

As it stands now ..... even if we had Messi and Ronaldo and Hagi the elder .... all in their prime playing for us .... we would still be up against an incredibly intense anti Rangers agenda ..... that because they couldn't kill us off ......  now appears to be Hell bent on severley crippling us as a force to reckoned with.

It's not as easy as ignoring the detrimental affect the transparently biased referees have played mate ...... even if we had multi millions to spend on the likes of the players mentioned above ..... until the situation with the elephant in the room is sorted out .... we will advance no further ..... even our players must be sick as parrots to see decisions continually go against them when it is blatant that the opposite was true ... this must have a negative effect on their play when it happens week after week  ..... this unwanted situation with officials has to be a top priority as they are a major factor in our down turn and seemingly permanent second place position in Scottish football.

This can never be accepted ..... and if our board think it is acceptable to remain silent on what the support are witnessing week in week out from the stands .... then the crowds will ultimately dwindle .... as who wants to see us being continually hamstrung by biased officials with no attempt to stem the growing discontentment of our support  ...... silence from our own people within the walls of Ibrox can never be a good sign of strength as it just doesn't get the job done ...... If we are to stop "blaming referees"...... then the SFA must be made aware from our Club that this continued bias is no longer to be tolerated.

🇬🇧

Spot on mate.Do you want to go to Ibrox every second Saturday just to see your team get fkd over by a Clancy or a Madden.Bears will think is it worth shelving out £500 for a season ticket when you have no chance with these cheating fkrs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, SURRENDERNO said:

Spot on mate.Do you want to go to Ibrox every second Saturday just to see your team get fkd over by a Clancy or a Madden.Bears will think is it worth shelving out £500 for a season ticket when you have no chance with these cheating fkrs.

Time to tell the board this, protect the club or eventually we’ll fuck off!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

With all due respect to your opinion mate .... as a lot of your post does ring true ...... except as far as the refereeing situation goes unfortunately.

 Let me put it this way ...... if we continue to allow the blatant bias from SFA refereeing officials that has been extremely detrimental to our league challenges .... then we can expect crowds to lose interest and dwindle and it has happened before .... not all because of referees granted ...... though this situation has the very real potential of drastically  cutting our incoming revenue  ...... trapping us in a negative equity situation that extremely hampers our progress . 

The amount of points we have lost by the various referees' atrocious game changing decisions has already cost us many potential millions of £ sterling ...... it just can't go on indefinitely without challenge  .... as it is tarnishing our brand and our footballing chances of a decent attempt to garner any lucrative Champions league monies.

The way it is perceived here .... is that if we were to have 50% of the negative decisions in our favour ..... we would not be talking about his situation ..... the reason we are .... is because it's just not happening on the pitch .... so we have no alternative but to broach the biased situation.

As it stands now ..... even if we had Messi and Ronaldo and Hagi the elder .... all in their prime playing for us .... we would still be up against an incredibly intense anti Rangers agenda ..... that because they couldn't kill us off ......  now appears to be Hell bent on severley crippling us as a force to reckoned with.

It's not as easy as ignoring the detrimental affect the transparently biased referees have played mate ...... even if we had multi millions to spend on the likes of the players mentioned above ..... until the situation with the elephant in the room is sorted out .... we will advance no further ..... even our players must be sick as parrots to see decisions continually go against them when it is blatant that the opposite was true ... this must have a negative effect on their play when it happens week after week  ..... this unwanted situation with officials has to be a top priority as they are a major factor in our down turn and seemingly permanent second place position in Scottish football.

This can never be accepted ..... and if our board think it is acceptable to remain silent on what the support are witnessing week in week out from the stands .... then the crowds will ultimately dwindle .... as who wants to see us being continually hamstrung by biased officials with no attempt to stem the growing discontentment of our support  ...... silence from our own people within the walls of Ibrox can never be a good sign of strength as it just doesn't get the job done ...... If we are to stop "blaming referees"...... then the SFA must be made aware from our Club that this continued bias is no longer to be tolerated.

🇬🇧

Careful mate, you don’t want to look like your running around telling everyone that the refs have cost us the league........ great post btw👍🏻

Bobby Hume and Bears r us like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, the cry was no said:

Burke's last man push on Kent as he prepared to strike at goal (a goal scoring opportunity if ever there was one and no other cover anywhere to be seen) was a stonewall red card.

No mention in the rhebel article, not shown on Sportscene, one replay in the live coverage then dismissed

A massive moment in the game and airbrushed from history

Has anyone got a clip of it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...