Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
scottyc06

Now Is The Time To Call Out The Referees

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, scottyc06 said:

Just thinking back to Gerrards first game at Pittodrie, he came out and questioned the ref that day & made comment on how we have had decisions going against us for years & that somebody should be providing him with answers... fast forward 18 months and the utterly shambolic refereeing performances we have had over the last 2/3 months and not a peep. Always eager to say he has no issues with the referees!  Why? Why has his stance changed despite seeing it more often! 

It has to be deliberate, despite it costing us over and over again. Maybe he thinks it's beneath him?

Niko Katic has had more snark aimed at him in SG interviews than shite like Beaton.

eejay the dj and dougie76 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We never score early, we never create enough chances, we never looked comfortable last night. We also need to realise that 75% of the opposition players despise Rangers with a passion and we need to be much stronger and tougher. Ida smashed that bearded guys face in last night with my elbow.

delparlane likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Dicker on a yellow dives to try and win a pen- no action, play on.

Morelos dives to win a pen, yellow card instantly 

The ref cheated us last night.

Second week running where a ref has a clear view of an opposition player jumping on one our players backs and no yellow card. It's genuinely unfathomable how the fuck he gives the foul but doesn't book their player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

He mentions it in the BT interview after the game ,says for him it’s not a handball and his defenders need to defend better 

Gerrard just needs to avoid any shite regarding accepting decisions ,if he ain’t calling them out for what they are he should not be condoning the shite we face week in and week out 

Games a bogey. 

Same with saying he's no complaints after parkhead, he's now just allowing it to happen. 

Weak as fuck and a kick in the teeth to the fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hilly86 said:

It has to be deliberate, despite it costing us over and over again. Maybe he thinks it's beneath him?

Niko Katic has had more snark aimed at him in SG interviews than shite like Beaton.

He calls out certain players more than he does referees

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheBluebells said:

Games a bogey. 

Same with saying he's no complaints after parkhead, he's now just allowing it to happen. 

Weak as fuck and a kick in the teeth to the fans. 

He’s trying to play the game ,A game that would normally have a chance somewhere else ,but not in this warped fenian shitehole of a country 

BloodRunsBlue likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Colour of jersey is why the decisions are given the way they are. 

Shocking ,and disgusting the inconsistency,

Lets see and all hear the outcry from all the fenian bastards and nationalists in a couple of weeks when we get a soft penalty about Masonic refs ,Rangers get all the decisions etc etc 

imagine what would happen if that had happened to the tarriers ,TLB would be out screaming and the tabloid tarriers would be milking it for a month 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

Shocking ,and disgusting the inconsistency,

Lets see and all hear the outcry from all the fenian bastards and nationalists in a couple of weeks when we get a soft penalty about Masonic refs ,Rangers get all the decisions etc etc 

imagine what would happen if that had happened to the tarriers ,TLB would be out screaming and the tabloid tarriers would be milking it for a month 

There was more force used by last man Burke when pushing Kent off balance, but that red card incident has already been consigned to history.

delparlane and magic8ball like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

He’s trying to play the game ,A game that would normally have a chance somewhere else ,but not in this warped fenian shitehole of a country 

That's it exactly.

Naively he's trying to rise above the blaming refs, the looking for excuses, at what he probably perceives as lack of professionalism as he's not used to such behaviour.

Unfortunately he's still failed to gasp how vital calling out big decisions is up here, along with delivering it in a way the media have to demonstrate the injustice.

That and his failure to see games changing against us and not being proactive in making changes to prevent it are his biggest failings. He can right both quite easily, if he doesn't it'll cost him his job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cedrick said:

This makes no sense to me , Beaton referees that fairly we’ve won comfortably 

Aye the refs are shite but that's nothing new is it? There's far more serious problems than the refs being utter pish.

The main problem is our results the past year at the likes of Rugby Park, Pittodrie and Easter Road. We have beaten Kilmarnock twice in 7 games in the league under Gerrard, a shocking statistic.

Another thing that bugs me is the lack of changing anything when the formation/personnel is clearly not working. Why persist with it?  To many of our "big" players are underperforming, a shake up is needed urgently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

He’s trying to play the game ,A game that would normally have a chance somewhere else ,but not in this warped fenian shitehole of a country 

Wish he'd stop trying to play the game and just call it how it is if he's going to say something, its costing us dearly and with what he's saying he's doing the exact opposite of helping the situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

That's it exactly.

Naively he's trying to rise above the blaming refs, the looking for excuses, at what he probably perceives as lack of professionalism as he's not used to such behaviour.

Unfortunately he's still failed to gasp how vital calling out big decisions is up here, along with delivering it in a way the media have to demonstrate the injustice.

That and his failure to see games changing against us and not being proactive in making changes to prevent it are his biggest failings. He can right both quite easily, if he doesn't it'll cost him his job.

I agree 100% the bias against us and many decisions can be pivotal, but again I'll say the stuff just isn't there to be winning titles. We see it with our own eyes.

The ref doesn't make us play at a slow pace. The slow build up, the square passing, poor movement, giving the ball away, poor crossing, high balls to Hateley, individual battles lost and oh the shitebaggery. Last night, Alfie could have also walked.

The fire and the passion are left in the dressing room. It's like watching paint dry.

Barring four or five players, this squad don't have what it takes to win anything and there are also about 15 others brought in who don't even get a start. Some of whom do deserve one after watching the same offenders being piss poor week in week out and first pick they remain. Then there is the the poor timing of sub's! Yes on occasion we can step up and over perform, but players of limited ability, with the hearts of mice just cannot sustain it.

The ref situation is not new and it won't be changing anytime soon. I think Gerrard is towing the company line on this. 

We can moan and cry foul all we like, but  we also have much more to think about as in our own very obvious failings and the only we can start to change it is by bringing in better players with the right mentality, otherwise the scum take ten in a row and more.

Barring regime change and massive new investment, we start next season with the same pot of losers and I doubt Gerrard will even be here to witness it. 

 

 

NeoGeo7 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

I agree 100% the bias against us and many decisions can be pivotal, but again I'll say the stuff just isn't there to be winning titles. We see it with our own eyes.

The ref doesn't make us play at a slow pace. The slow build up, the square passing, poor movement, giving the ball away, poor crossing, high balls to Hateley, individual battles lost and oh the shitebaggery. Last night, Alfie could have also walked.

The fire and the passion are left in the dressing room. It's like watching paint dry.

Barring four or five players, this squad don't have what it takes to win anything and there are also about 15 others brought in who don't even get a start. Some of whom do deserve one after watching the same offenders being piss poor week in week out and first pick they remain. Then there is the the poor timing of sub's! Yes on occasion we can step up and over perform, but players of limited ability, with the hearts of mice just cannot sustain it.

The ref situation is not new and it won't be changing anytime soon. I think Gerrard is towing the company on this. 

We can moan and cry foul all we like, but  we also have much more to think about as in our own very obvious failings and the only we can start to change it is by bringing in better players with the right mentality, otherwise the scum take ten in a row and more.

Barring regime change and massive new investment, we start next season with the same pot of losers and I doubt Gerrard will even be here to witness it. 

 

 

We can’t dissect one without considering the other.

We can’t say with any certainty that had we been officiated fairly in every game since the return from the break that we’d have won 2 Scottish cup games and 6 wins in the league scoring 20 and conceding 1 for instance.

When we came back and Tav was missing I thought “fuck me, he really does make a difference” but since he has come back we are still seeing the same lazy, slow paced, sideways passing training game-esque approach to must win games. 

Gerrard picks the team and once they go over the line it’s largely out of his control but substitutions and half time team talks are where he can influence it and whilst I can’t say what is being said in the dressing room at half time we can see the evidence on the pitch with regards to the players attitude and our shape. Neither changed last night.

Gerrard really does have an issue with substitutions and he talked a lot about game management but last night was a monumental failure for seeing a game out and it isn’t the first time.

We need the siege mentality back at the club, we need a true leader on and off the park. Gerrard was a fantastic captain for Liverpool so he should have the qualities as far as leadership from a manager is concerned, though it’s somewhat different in nature. I’d really like to see Jack given the armband and see him grow into it as I believe he not only has the love of the club at the heart of what he does but he leads by example and has the ability to back it up as well as the fact Gerrard can trust him.

Someone in that dressing room has to step up and really own this team and it’s definitely lacking at the moment.

Blue Avenger likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...