• Created
  • Last Reply

McGregor

Goldson  Katic  Edmundson 

Jack 

Tavernier              Arfield                 Barisic 

Hagi

Kamberi     Morelos 

Now the league is over I’d like to see the manager give some of the younger guys a run of games.  Edmundson and Katic at the back.  Patterson at RB.  Stewart getting a few starts and maybe give Kent a rest. 

It would be nice to see us switch to a 4-2-3-1 for the remainder of the season to see how we get on but can’t see Gerrard setting us up in anything other than a 4-3-3.

30 minutes ago, TMB said:

Now the league is over I’d like to see the manager give some of the younger guys a run of games.

Can you imagine this place if that happens, we geat beat and then, by some act of God, Aberdeen beat them on Sunday?

Blood up the walls, mate.

I’m 99% sure of one thing for this game...we’ll dominate possession. If we can’t dominate Livi at home then we don’t deserve to win the league (that’s it you believe we still have a chance of that. I don’t)

Question is, will we be ruthless and actually make the opposition keeper work for a change? We’ve been absolutely pish at that since returning from the winter break. Passing the buck, efforts off target all over the place, taking an age to get shots away resulting in them being blocked, trying to win penalties when it’d be easier to stay on your feet and shoot (looking at you Alfie). These are issues that need to be addressed pronto!

1 hour ago, blueballss said:

McGregor

Goldson  Katic  Edmundson 

Jack 

Tavernier              Arfield                 Barisic 

Hagi

Kamberi     Morelos 

thats quite a forward thinking team but cannot see stevie going for that  too radical and probably not enough players playing out of position

3 hours ago, SIRB_72 said:

This is time for him to change some things and try something new because we've been found out tactically. 

We're not scoring enough goals, we've scored 7 in our 6 league games since coming back whereas celtic have scored 22 in their 6 games back. Before the break we were matching celtic for goals. I also think the midfield have been overused as well and we're left ourselves with little depth.

A change to 3-5-2 could solve both these situations. Changing from effectively 4 or 5 central midfielders to just 3 opens up all kinds of possibilities in there with the 6 or 7 options we have. It leaves a question about Kent but he could certainly play as a 10 as he has been almost anyway, but to be quite frank I think he needs a game or two on the bench.

Then up top we have to get more goals into the team because nobody in that midfield has contributed anything near enough. Arfield has been in decent form scoring 5 in his last 6 starts but before that he hasn't contributed much overall. Changing to a back 3 also gives the deepest of the central midfielders a bit of freedom to go forward without worrying what's happening in behind them.

This idea that Morelos can't play with someone else has to change. We literally rely on him whether we win games or not and it's no fair on him though I'm sure he enjoys being the man. Him and Kamberi going up against two opposition centre halfs seems like a decent match up for us and when Defoe is back then even better. With players like Tav, Barisic whipping in balls like they can having two strikers in there seems a logical step. The creativity of Hagi, Kent or even Stewart in behind them two is an interesting prospect along with ability of Arfield or Aribo to run in behind a defence that has been pulled apart by Morelos, Kamberi or Defoe.

McGregor

Goldson Edmundson  Katic

Tavernier      Arfield    Jack       Barisic (if fit)

Hagi

Morelos  Kamberi

It's all too late now but this is a time to experiment now and try different things. What are we going to lose? Second place?

Klopp has told Stevie he shouldn't use that formation.

Archived