Unsettling Rangers.....

kelvd1873

We were 2 points off the top with a game in hand after a win at parkhead for the first time in 9 or 10 years and the winter break on the horizon. 

Last year we were 3 points behind with a game in hand after defeating celtic at ibrox, again just before the winter break. 

Both wins seen unrelenting, scalding analysis of our players and their conduct during both matches, mostly aimed at arguably our best player and top goal scorer Alfredo Morelos, which lasted both winter breaks and even into February this year!! 

Tampering with a players car, P.I’s, racial abuse, etc etc!! This has to take its toll on players and staff.  I don’t remember any celtic players being hounded from the press like this, Griffiths anyone? why is that? Only Rangers and our players are targeted for any reason by the media and pundits when they see fit!! 

This is orchestrated imo and it probably hasn’t helped out return from the break. While the other lot are left to just play football we have a daily shitstorm to deal with!!

I’d hate to see what would happen if we were actually in front at a winter break!  

The board are failing all of us, they need to turn the screw on the media and tell them all to fuck off!! Most of this could have been avoided after the 29th if the board kept the pressure up!!  We the supporters need to press the board on this imo! 

There are loads of wee soundbites and snippets floating about just now from every topic about the refs, about the media, about fatigue....But when push comes to shove none of it takes away from the black and white facts that we have just been pish and clueless on the pitch.

Go and just watch our last 5 games and you will maybe see 1 or 2 saves per game where the keeper for the opposition has not been tested.  Thats for me is more worrying. Our lack of chances created from open play in this system.

Most people can see we start games slow, cant break down 10 men, we are playing 25/30 yards too deep and have no high pressing. These are things that worked the first 6 months of the season. All the back ground noise in the world doesnt do that to a team.

12 minutes ago, TMB said:

It’s got nothing to do with the media.  We’ve just been shit since we came back same as last season.  

I think it has something to do with the media. Our best player has largely sorted out his discipline, opposing teams can't get any change from winding him up on the park anymore. 

The campaign against him has had to take a different direction.

Just now, theblueoysterbar said:

I think it has something to do with the media. Our best player has largely sorted out his discipline, opposing teams can't get any change from winding him up on the park anymore. 

This is what I’m on about, change the angle and get him upset off the park etc!! 

33 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Most people can see we start games slow, cant break down 10 men, we are playing 25/30 yards too deep and have no high pressing. These are things that worked the first 6 months of the season. All the back ground noise in the world doesnt do that to a team.

That’s the thing though, in the first half of the season we didn’t hear too much negativity from the press did we? Our players were allowed to just play! All of a sudden we beat celtic, arses start twitching and it’s on again once more. All I’m trying to say is why is it Rangers who always have a media war? 

56 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

We were 2 points off the top with a game in hand after a win at parkhead for the first time in 9 or 10 years and the winter break on the horizon. 

Last year we were 3 points behind with a game in hand after defeating celtic at ibrox, again just before the winter break. 

Both wins seen unrelenting, scalding analysis of our players and their conduct during both matches, mostly aimed at arguably our best player and top goal scorer Alfredo Morelos, which lasted both winter breaks and even into February this year!! 

Tampering with a players car, P.I’s, racial abuse, etc etc!! This has to take its toll on players and staff.  I don’t remember any celtic players being hounded from the press like this, Griffiths anyone? why is that? Only Rangers and our players are targeted for any reason by the media and pundits when they see fit!! 

This is orchestrated imo and it probably hasn’t helped out return from the break. While the other lot are left to just play football we have a daily shitstorm to deal with!!

I’d hate to see what would happen if we were actually in front at a winter break!  

The board are failing all of us, they need to turn the screw on the media and tell them all to fuck off!! Most of this could have been avoided after the 29th if the board kept the pressure up!!  We the supporters need to press the board on this imo! 

Last season we were joint top but they had a game in hand at the split 

30 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

He’s sorted out his discipline but what is the diving about?  Gets himself sent off at Parkhead and missed a few games after that.  Got a yellow for diving against Kilmarnock yesterday so does another ban kick in now?  Did anyone ever figure that out?  He needs to cut all that shit out of his game and just focus on what he’s good at.  

I said this the other day. 
it’s orchestrated, how many mhanky mhob players were linked with moves? None

all of ours were in the papers. 

if you can’t see it you aren’t looking.

almost identical to what happened last break, same results.

also almost every game since we beat them the refs have made 2/5 massive decisions against us which should have went for us. At least 2 last night again.

1 hour ago, steven33jackie said:

I felt when the taigs board withdrew cooperation with Sky, it was for nothing more than to keep the Morelos narrative in the spotlight. There is no end game. Sky have already apologized to all involved. But their board still want to make a point. 

Our board are as weak as piss

If you're good enough you will win. The simple fact is we aren't good enough and the scum have a better squad and players capable of brushing teams aside with minimal effort straight from the first whistle which believe it or not relieves pressure.

We have players like Kent who spin about a bit, get dizzy then give the ball away achieving fuck all. We have tactics that focus on keeping possession and not taking risks which actually creates a situation where our fans start getting nervous and it filters to the players which gives the opposition a massive lift. It's rinse and repeat for us and it won't change with this management team as that's all they know.

While I’d agree were simply not good enough I wouldn’t be blaming tactics. There’s no excuse for passing on goal scoring to someone else, lack of fight for 2nd balls and what looks a lack of desire to clear your lines.

we have professional footballers and a lot of the passes they make which go to the opposing team is simply not to do with tactics either. We do t make runs or anticipate through balls.  Watching Hagi trying to connect with the dross we have proved that he’s on a totally different wavelength to them.  

6 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

While I’d agree were simply not good enough I wouldn’t be blaming tactics. There’s no excuse for passing on goal scoring to someone else, lack of fight for 2nd balls and what looks a lack of desire to clear your lines.

we have professional footballers and a lot of the passes they make which go to the opposing team is simply not to do with tactics either. We do t make runs or anticipate through balls.  Watching Hagi trying to connect with the dross we have proved that he’s on a totally different wavelength to them.  

Agree about Hagi. He was playing great passes but the players on the end of them were too slow. He is really showing up some of them. He's on a whole other level.

The fact is every player has to be performing at the top of their game to overcome the cheating ref's, at the savilledome we were probably at 120% to overcome the Clancy. 

We can't have the team performing at 70% at the other teams, we're just not good enough. 

Just now, DBBTB said:

The players are failing us more by putting in shitebag performances week after week.

Starts from the top. 

Board let them walk all over us. 

Gerrard the same. Said he’d no issue with the handball last night. Throws certain players under the bus regularly. 

Filth have a complete siege mentality that they manufacture for themselves. We get battered from pillar to post and offer fuck all on and off the park.

Whilst I take on board what the op is saying when you really get down to it the problem is our squad just isn’t good enough,we are lacking some real quality players and the management are sadly lacking and not learning from mistakes after mistakes.We need some major money spent on the areas of the team that are severely lacking but unfortunately our current board just don’t have the funds imo.

A more telling stat for me is the goal difference. Before the break it was level. They are now 18 goals better off.

In the last six games the have a score of 22-2 ours is 8-4.

So whilst our defence has been ok, we just aren't scoring enough.

We can take the pragmatic view of their superior resources, but does that mean just accepting second best.

SG has to realise that we can no longer go out and spend millions. He has to get more out of what he's got. If he can't then we might need to look elsewhere

Sadly, I could say with some confidence, this board have taken us as far as they can with the resources available and the performances on the park only reflect that.

Sure there have been some wasteful and bad decisions both on and off the park, but all in all, we've given it our best shot under the circumstances and failed.

This current group of players are what they are, barring four or five, the rest are simply not good enough both in ability and mentaility.  

Without a shadow of a doubt there is indeed refereeing bias at work, but even without it, this group of players are simply not title winning material and the board and our manager for whatever reason are obviously not up for any fight with the authorities in any case.

Our poderous style of play, the square passing, the misplaced passing, the poor movement, the poor crossing, not winning the individual battles, the 50/50's, nottaking our chances, that lack of fire and passion and our general shitebaggery is not down to the ref's.  We need to look at ourselves and tbh the stuff isn't there.

King has all but left, so the writing is already on the wall. I would like to think on the positive that regime change is in the offing and major investment coming in with it, otherwise there will be no stopping ten and more and Gerrard will not be hanging around to witness it and suffer the humiliation that will unfold as a consequence.

So it's fingers crossed and hope that the summer brings more than one Swallow.

18 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Starts from the top. 

Board let them walk all over us. 

Gerrard the same. Said he’d no issue with the handball last night. Throws certain players under the bus regularly. 

Filth have a complete siege mentality that they manufacture for themselves. We get battered from pillar to post and offer fuck all on and off the park.

Of course it does but I don’t buy that what the media wrote after the Old Firm game had an effect on the players (Morelos aside because of the depth of the campaign against him) when they were all given a week or so off and then they spent a week in Dubai. 

Most of them probably weren’t even in Scotland and I doubt they would be taking time out of their day to read The Sun, Evening Times or Daily Record during their holidays.

Archived