Unsettling Rangers.....

kelvd1873

5 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

There are loads of wee soundbites and snippets floating about just now from every topic about the refs, about the media, about fatigue....But when push comes to shove none of it takes away from the black and white facts that we have just been pish and clueless on the pitch.

Go and just watch our last 5 games and you will maybe see 1 or 2 saves per game where the keeper for the opposition has not been tested.  Thats for me is more worrying. Our lack of chances created from open play in this system.

Most people can see we start games slow, cant break down 10 men, we are playing 25/30 yards too deep and have no high pressing. These are things that worked the first 6 months of the season. All the back ground noise in the world doesnt do that to a team.

Agree, the Refs have been poor but we have not performed like a Rangers team that's our problem.

6 hours ago, kelvd1873 said:

We were 2 points off the top with a game in hand after a win at parkhead for the first time in 9 or 10 years and the winter break on the horizon. 

Last year we were 3 points behind with a game in hand after defeating celtic at ibrox, again just before the winter break. 

Both wins seen unrelenting, scalding analysis of our players and their conduct during both matches, mostly aimed at arguably our best player and top goal scorer Alfredo Morelos, which lasted both winter breaks and even into February this year!! 

Tampering with a players car, P.I’s, racial abuse, etc etc!! This has to take its toll on players and staff.  I don’t remember any celtic players being hounded from the press like this, Griffiths anyone? why is that? Only Rangers and our players are targeted for any reason by the media and pundits when they see fit!! 

This is orchestrated imo and it probably hasn’t helped out return from the break. While the other lot are left to just play football we have a daily shitstorm to deal with!!

I’d hate to see what would happen if we were actually in front at a winter break!  

The board are failing all of us, they need to turn the screw on the media and tell them all to fuck off!! Most of this could have been avoided after the 29th if the board kept the pressure up!!  We the supporters need to press the board on this imo! 

We are fucking woeful, the blame lies with the players and staff. 

5 hours ago, kelvd1873 said:

That’s the thing though, in the first half of the season we didn’t hear too much negativity from the press did we? Our players were allowed to just play! All of a sudden we beat celtic, arses start twitching and it’s on again once more. All I’m trying to say is why is it Rangers who always have a media war? 

Because our board are clueless how to shut it down while the Tarriers are fucking masterclass at shutting down any negative press.

That’s not an excuse for how shit we’ve been on the pitch though, that lies firmly with our coaching staff and players who just like the weak as shit board have also failed us again. 

5 hours ago, corkinator said:

I said this the other day. 
it’s orchestrated, how many mhanky mhob players were linked with moves? None

all of ours were in the papers. 

if you can’t see it you aren’t looking.

almost identical to what happened last break, same results.

also almost every game since we beat them the refs have made 2/5 massive decisions against us which should have went for us. At least 2 last night again.

Traynor is why our players where linked with moves. We have a shortfall to fill and there has been a concerted effort to sell assets for quite a while.

All you need is one person to start a rumour and then its in a number of other rags.

17 hours ago, kelvd1873 said:

We were 2 points off the top with a game in hand after a win at parkhead for the first time in 9 or 10 years and the winter break on the horizon. 

Last year we were 3 points behind with a game in hand after defeating celtic at ibrox, again just before the winter break. 

Both wins seen unrelenting, scalding analysis of our players and their conduct during both matches, mostly aimed at arguably our best player and top goal scorer Alfredo Morelos, which lasted both winter breaks and even into February this year!! 

Tampering with a players car, P.I’s, racial abuse, etc etc!! This has to take its toll on players and staff.  I don’t remember any celtic players being hounded from the press like this, Griffiths anyone? why is that? Only Rangers and our players are targeted for any reason by the media and pundits when they see fit!! 

This is orchestrated imo and it probably hasn’t helped out return from the break. While the other lot are left to just play football we have a daily shitstorm to deal with!!

I’d hate to see what would happen if we were actually in front at a winter break!  

The board are failing all of us, they need to turn the screw on the media and tell them all to fuck off!! Most of this could have been avoided after the 29th if the board kept the pressure up!!  We the supporters need to press the board on this imo! 

Don't forget that the Daily Record is an official sponsor/partner of CFC, and as such are acting as their media Rottweiler, kicking fuck out of us , our players, set up, even SG's future post-Rangers career, which is being damaged to fuck by all this. It is beyond comprehension what is going on within the team, but a dedicated concerted campaign to disrupt them seems to be going on to unsettle them. If that is what SG is referring to regarding having the bottle to do the job, then I can see his point. But when the squad see almost the entire media and country against them they are entitled to feel a bit under siege. This was no doubt always going to happen, but to win the league they HAVE TO overcome this handicap...They hate us and that hatred has only got worse.

Not buying it Op, if I were good enough to play for The Rangers and that shit was being written about me or the club it would make me try and double my efforts and I would expect my teammates to have the same mindset and not shit the bed, IMO there's the difference.

5 hours ago, slimjim1690 said:

Not buying it Op, if I were good enough to play for The Rangers and that shit was being written about me or the club it would make me try and double my efforts and I would expect my teammates to have the same mindset and not shit the bed, IMO there's the difference.

Good mindset if your born n bred in Scotland, I’m not sure the same applies for players from other parts of the world though!! 

On 13/02/2020 at 05:02, TMB said:

He’s sorted out his discipline but what is the diving about?  Gets himself sent off at Parkhead and missed a few games after that.  Got a yellow for diving against Kilmarnock yesterday so does another ban kick in now?  Did anyone ever figure that out?  He needs to cut all that shit out of his game and just focus on what he’s good at.  

It's the one part of his game that l would change, he does himself no favours with it and it actually works against him as refs think he is at it all the time. 

I don’t know that it’s  the media but there’s definitely something not right. 

A lot of people in here saying we are just not good enough but how can things be so drastically different between the first half of the season and what we have seen since the winter break?! It’s the same players who went to Porto and got a result, went to Feyenoord and got a result, battered the taigs (who some are creaming themselves over) twice... The players ARE good enough, but there’s something not right? Were they over worked in Dubai? Is it sheer mentality of not coping while on top? Lack of leadership? You can look at referee performances for why we are not closer in the league but it wouldn’t change the fact the performance levels haven’t been there regardless. Media? I don’t know, it should be having the opposite effect if the players were truly up for it!

On the other hand it could be down to us being set up a bit too one dimensional. Since the game at parkhead Tav & Barasic have both played together in two games, Hibs & Hamilton, which have been our best two performances. Do we rely too heavily on these two? Their replacements haven’t offered anywhere near the same level & we seem unable to switch things.

23 hours ago, Smile said:

Agree, the Refs have been poor but we have not performed like a Rangers team that's our problem.

We should be beating kilmarnock without blaming referee.  we've had some really bad decisions go against us there is no denying that,  but we should be able to win these games despite referee's,  are referees making Kent play poorly? Not singling him out for criticism he is not alone,  but we have to get back on form fast or the current odds of 5/1 to 7/1 to win the title will drift out even further 

10 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

We should be beating kilmarnock without blaming referee.  we've had some really bad decisions go against us there is no denying that,  but we should be able to win these games despite referee's,  are referees making Kent play poorly? Not singling him out for criticism he is not alone,  but we have to get back on form fast or the current odds of 5/1 to 7/1 to win the title will drift out even further 

I don’t think that anybody who has commented on the refs think Rangers have played well recently. The problem is that regardless of how poor we were against Killie, if it’s refereed to any sort of standard we win it WHILST playing shite. 

9 minutes ago, writingranger said:

We need to find the energy and sense of purpose,  there's still so much to play for.

Aye Europa league qualifiers, might even close the gap for a few days by beating the tinks at Ibrox before we drop points away to St Mirren 😩

1 hour ago, scottyc06 said:

I don’t think that anybody who has commented on the refs think Rangers have played well recently. The problem is that regardless of how poor we were against Killie, if it’s refereed to any sort of standard we win it WHILST playing shite. 

I accept your point but still say the ref didn't play any part in kilmarnocks winner. Which was down to schoolboy defending.  Of course we can argue about morelos goal getting chalked off,  but I still say we should have beaten them or at worst drew .  Too many of our players not performing is the reason we lost.

3 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

I accept your point but still say the ref didn't play any part in kilmarnocks winner. Which was down to schoolboy defending.  Of course we can argue about morelos goal getting chalked off,  but I still say we should have beaten them or at worst drew .  Too many of our players not performing is the reason we lost.

They should have been down to 10 in the first half, their equaliser shouldn’t have counted, we should have led 2-1... if any of these things are awarded they don’t get a draw never mind a winner. As I say it’s a totally separate argument to the performance which was nowhere near good enough & had it been refereed correctly I think we are talking about how we scraped past Killie whilst playing utter shite.  The argument for the ref costing us 3 points there is so valid though. No excuses for Hearts or Aberdeen mind. 

On 13/02/2020 at 05:02, TMB said:

He’s sorted out his discipline but what is the diving about?  Gets himself sent off at Parkhead and missed a few games after that.  Got a yellow for diving against Kilmarnock yesterday so does another ban kick in now?  Did anyone ever figure that out?  He needs to cut all that shit out of his game and just focus on what he’s good at.  

Agree entirely. 3 times he could have stayed on his feet yet he threw himself to the ground. Pull the trigger... Hold the ball... make a pass or draw a foul. Not just slight contact. It’s a contact sport. Not even one of his penalty claims were close to being legit.

His decision making and instincts are way off since and including the OF game on 29/12/19.

Defo needs to step up in the run in however it would be criminal blaming him solely. The whole team have been shocking for weeks.

Champions win ugly until they find their form. We have done neither. Nothing to do with the media or the refs. 

Aue there are shocking decisions every match, that’s wrongly the nature of Scottish football. It embarrassing but is a fact.

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Aye Europa league qualifiers, might even close the gap for a few days by beating the tinks at Ibrox before we drop points away to St Mirren 😩

It’s not over yet. We have to win every game. Our run in is easier than theirs.

Us, aberdeen, livi and hibs all away before the split. 

I’d bet anybody they won’t get 12 pts. Be lucky to get 6.

1 minute ago, Hutton2008 said:

It’s not over yet. We have to win every game. Our run in is easier than theirs.

Us, aberdeen, livi and hibs all away before the split. 

I’d bet anybody they won’t get 12 pts. Be lucky to get 6.

I wish I could share your optimism,  septic will need to drop points , but do we have it in us to capitalise if they do? That's the alarming thing,  we are all hurting badly and the only way to get out of the rut is to start a long winning run, and see where that takes us, we MUST win on Saturday or it will be over.  

Realistically we have to win all remaining league matches to have a shout at the title and much though I desire it I see nothing to suggest that we can make that kind of run.

What has happened to the high press ? What has happened to play the game at a tempo they can't match ? Down to Gerrard to sort it. 

Archived