So what can we do about it?

five stars

Refereeing decisions are once again costing us vital points in what was a tight title race. But it's not a surprise and it's nothing new..

Last season kicked off with our new team and management full of energy and enthusiasm playing away to Aberdeen. It didn't take long before we were brought down a peg or two with one of our players wrongly sent off early in the game. Countless bad decisions in important games followed throughout the season.

This season's been the same, these things clearly don't as the popular saying goes, "balance themselves out over a season". 

So what can we do about it? Singing fuck the SFA and boycotting away games ain't gonna help.

Surely there must be something we can do as a club to instigate the necessary changes and ensure a level playing field?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, five stars said:

Refereeing decisions are once again costing us vital points in what was a tight title race. But it's not a surprise and it's nothing new..

Last season kicked off with our new team and management full of energy and enthusiasm playing away to Aberdeen. It didn't take long before we were brought down a peg or two with one of our players wrongly sent off early in the game. Countless bad decisions in important games followed throughout the season.

This season's been the same, these things clearly don't as the popular saying goes, "balance themselves out over a season". 

So what can we do about it? Singing fuck the SFA and boycotting away games ain't gonna help.

Surely there must be something we can do as a club to instigate the necessary changes and ensure a level playing field?

Dignified silence, you not reading the script?

Probably in the 5 way agreement which would explain SG not kicking off about refs.

29 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

Score goals, win matches, that'll fuck them up.....

If you expect us to win 3-0 every game to nullify controversial decisions you are wrong. There is a fine line in professional sport and balanced refereeing is essential. Contrary to believe, Barcelona don't trounce everyone all of the time. 

There is little we can do other than boycott games to be honest.

Anyone here could spend weeks going through our games to document these decisions but the audience for it isn’t there.

As if the SFA want to see it, they are the issue here.

Uefa? Fifa? Not likely they’d give a flying fuck either.

Im afraid to answer is simple.

We need to get good and beat teams in spite of the refereeing and win 55.

Become the dominant force again the hard way and then it’ll swing back round.

52 minutes ago, five stars said:

Start by the manager acknowledging it , sick of myself saying this but “no complaints” when asked post match about Clancy at parkheed was fucking ridiculous, 

Send the endless examples to uefa could be a shout mate , take it from there , the type of character at the club doesn’t help matters , as I said on another thread the refs wouldn’t dare give these decisions if Walter Smith was in the dugout 

The only thing we can do is win games, nothing has really changed in that respect. The worst thing we can do is let it get to us and begin a cycle that we can't get out of. You start recovery one game at a time, an attitude that ironically enough has won the tims the league this season but hey-ho life's a bitch. 

11 minutes ago, The Blues said:

Get behind the team....beat them twice and they will crack......helicopter Sunday can happen again....plus win the Europa and the SCP........get positive😷

Can't really see it myself but I will say I think we've actually had a harder run of games than them since the 29th and they've got some tricky games coming up. I don't mean there's hope but we can at least close the gap and make them sweat a bit before deciding what to do for next season. 

36 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

If you expect us to win 3-0 every game to nullify controversial decisions you are wrong. There is a fine line in professional sport and balanced refereeing is essential. Contrary to believe, Barcelona don't trounce everyone all of the time. 

You’re right - I expect us to win 3-1 to nullify the controversial decisions.....

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

You’re right - I expect us to win 3-1 to nullify the controversial decisions.....

How the team are performing is a separate issue altogether mate. We are losing points on refereeing decisions. This is indisputable. 

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

How the team are performing is a separate issue altogether mate. We are losing points on refereeing decisions. This is indisputable. 

You always have to score more than one, to allow for the inevitable refereeing decisions or defensive clangers.

Been like that forever & nothing changes.

We should worry more about our inability to create chances which mean that there is absolutely no way the officials can get a glimmer of a chance to screw us over.

We’ve done it before, let’s get back to doing it again.

Archived