Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
five stars

So what can we do about it?

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

You do have a point. Between the lack of protection of our players and the carding of our players if we as much as breathe in an offensive manner, it does stymie our play and have a psychological effect,  with much of it is just blatent cheating by refs. However, these last run of games, where we showed little passion and commitment and general all round piss poor play and I doubt the ref bias affects our game that much surely?

If the players think that the bias is as bad as we think it is, it must be a big topic in the dressing room and you'd think Gerrard would speak out. Now if he has been told to stay stoom on it, then things must be pretty bad in what the authorities have holding over us and if the case then it's nothing less than corruption and the club should not be playing along with it, as it is simply cheating the fans and a crime in us paying for a rigged competition and we should be calling it out. Five way agreement or not.

I do feel something is going on.

I don't think anyone is disagreeing that we've been poor since the winter break.

But the incompetence of the refs is a different issue. Even although we were poor, with proper refereeing what would the score of been on Wednesday night?

Our opponents have also struggled in a few games since the break until given a soft penalty or having an opposition player dismissed. Whereas we've been playing poor as well as having referees decisions go the other way.

 

magic8ball and Blue Skies like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I think that the club need to hire a firm like sportradar to investigate all the games since Rangers entered the premiership to find out what's going on. I think it's something to do with the 5 way agreement.

The 5 way agreement was an agreement that Rangers had to accept certain punishments to receive a licence to play. What's not clear is if any of those punishments are enduring.  It seems to me as though Rangers are bound to the jurisdiction of the football governing bodies when they have a grievance which means they can't use the press in the same way cfc do or our club will be fined.

The Governing bodies appear to be doing nothing about the ref situation and Rangers continue to have at least a 10 point deficit at the end of each season.  which is the same amount that Rangers were deducted when they booted the club out of the league. I can't help but think this league want to make sure Rangers receive a 10 point deduction indefinitely and they are achieving it with match manipulation from the refs.

If this is the case then what did Green agree to? 

We know Ally and MM stopped the stripping of titles but I do feel this 10 point deficit each season is connected to titles and how some can be clawed back along with the prize money. 

 

I'd be amazed if this is anything to do with the 5 way agreement and I've not heard anything that make me think that it's remotely likely to be the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, five stars said:

From a wider perspective, the standard of refereeing is generally poor. Football is a mulit-million pound business and with part-time amateur refs your unlikely to get the standard of official required for the modern professional game.

Full-time referees would be a start, allowing them to train, analyse games as well as  preparing for games together. It could potentially make them a closer  knit bunch who could strive for higher standards, hold the integrity of the game to the highest regard and be less influenced by outside forces.

It should be made more transparent how referees are selected for games and how they are assessed for their performances. We should also know what system is in place to demote poorly performing officials.

VAR is the other obvious change and it no surprise that our opponents across the city don't want it. For all the noise they make about refs, behind the scenes I'm sure they're more than happy with the situation as it stands, after all they spent years applying pressure to get it this way.

I reckon Pro refs would actually make it even worse ,With the threat of losing their livelihood if they give a full one agaisnt the taigs or giving us a soft one anywhere ,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I think that the club need to hire a firm like sportradar to investigate all the games since Rangers entered the premiership to find out what's going on. I think it's something to do with the 5 way agreement.

The 5 way agreement was an agreement that Rangers had to accept certain punishments to receive a licence to play. What's not clear is if any of those punishments are enduring.  It seems to me as though Rangers are bound to the jurisdiction of the football governing bodies when they have a grievance which means they can't use the press in the same way cfc do or our club will be fined.

The Governing bodies appear to be doing nothing about the ref situation and Rangers continue to have at least a 10 point deficit at the end of each season.  which is the same amount that Rangers were deducted when they booted the club out of the league. I can't help but think this league want to make sure Rangers receive a 10 point deduction indefinitely and they are achieving it with match manipulation from the refs.

If this is the case then what did Green agree to? 

We know Ally and MM stopped the stripping of titles but I do feel this 10 point deficit each season is connected to titles and how some can be clawed back along with the prize money. 

 

If there is anything like that in the 5 way agreement it needs exposed now ,What are the SPFL going to do ,Chuck us out ,no chance ,They wouldn’t dare open a can of worms that would more than likely see Scotland and Scottish teams being banned from Europe for corruption 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, five stars said:

I'd be amazed if this is anything to do with the 5 way agreement and I've not heard anything that make me think that it's remotely likely to be the case.

I doubt that it would be common knowledge as the 5 way agreement  had a gagging order on it. For me there is a pattern forming, Rangers silent, SFA silent, misuse of the rule book by refs. CFC immune to punishment. Titles being given away. Which is why I said a company like Sportradar should investigate All games since Rangers joined the premiership.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

You do have a point. Between the lack of protection of our players and the carding of our players if we as much as breathe in an offensive manner, it does stymie our play and have a psychological effect,  with much of it is just blatent cheating by refs. However, these last run of games, where we showed little passion and commitment and general all round piss poor play and I doubt the ref bias affects our game that much surely?

If the players think that the bias is as bad as we think it is, it must be a big topic in the dressing room and you'd think Gerrard would speak out. Now if he has been told to stay stoom on it, then things must be pretty bad in what the authorities have holding over us and if the case then it's nothing less than corruption and the club should not be playing along with it, as it is simply cheating the fans and a crime in us paying for a rigged competition and we should be calling it out. Five way agreement or not.

I do feel something is going on.

Teams are now tactically playing against us in a manner that allows them to stifle our attacking threat with a level of fouls that against any other club wouldn’t be allowed. If Rangers were refereed in a manner akin to the scum we would be top of the league and have a trophy. This has been ongoing for a few seasons now and that argument that we are just not good enough was fair enough in previous seasons, they did have the better team, we are now better than them and what’s solely not allowing that to be shown in the league is the referees.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

Put out a weakened team for the rest of this years league and cup making a statement that we refuse to participate in sporting events where the fundamental reason a team will win is on the preference  of a referee. 
Concentrate solely on the europa cup where it’s the best team that wins.  

Haha, no thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It'll be a riddy, and a slap in the face to people that pay money to watch us.

It will but in my opinion what’s a bigger slap is paying to watch us to see how the referee will influence the final result and an even bigger slap is our pathetic guardians seeing this but doing or saying nothing to stop the opposition’s  number one player being the referee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is nothing practical we can do that will be effective 

Make a statement ,Media ridicule it and label us bad losers and a nice SFA fine just for the cheek of it 

Complain to SFA ,No point ,the cunts pulling the strings there are the very cunts benefitting 

We could try TLBs tactic and ask for “clarification which will either get ignored or ridicules 

Report to UEFA ,they won’t be interested ,it’s a local issue and anyway there is influence there too from the fat jap 

 

Howsitgoing likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kelvd1873 said:

does anyone on here have contact with someone high up at club 1872? Ask them what they think of it all?? 

surely anyone that is a member or pays money into Club1872 can ask the question. Is that not what they are there for.

Nothing is going to change, our board say and do nothing about this. Almost like they don't care or can't for some reason

kelvd1873 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We can stop blaming the refs the media and the tooth fairy and just hold the players and manager to account.

They need to know this is unacceptable and won't be accepted much longer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I want the club to start commenting on the dire refereeing performances I think we need to start with the small stuff that we can immediately impact. There are probably 2 quick things we could do, maybe 3 that will impact each home game at least.

1) 2 sets of ballboys/ballgirls... The normal squad  of kids do their usual job of returning the ball. The 2nd squad are dressed in the bright orange training tops. When the ball goes out, or stops for a free kick their sole role is to mark the place it went out of play. They do not move until play resumes. That will make it much harder for teams to constantly steal 10+ yards on every throw-in/free kick. The ref may still let teams away with it but it would be so blatant that maybe it would stop. If the ball is returned from the normal kids via the orange tops, even better as it removes any potential of claiming they are there solely to influence the ref. 

(I should probably also note that this is an area where we are constantly ref'd to a different standard. If one of our players goes a small amount away from where the ball went out they are called back. It's little things like this that change the flow of the game, how much pressure we can put on the opposition, etc.)

2) Utilise the screens. The only time I look at the big screens during the game is for replays of the goals. I'd imagine most of the crowd is the same. So let's get stats up there. Possession, free kicks, etc are all useful. We can rotate to player stats. Show the two team line-ups and have a column for how many fouls a person has committed and whether they have been carded. Use the facts to our advantage. Then when (for example) Cosgrove has his 10th  foul without a booking, again it's right in front of the ref.

And maybe 3) Have a counter. When the ball goes out, the timer starts. Let's see nice and clear on the screen how long it is taking every other keeper to get the ball back in play. Have it per incident with a total time below. 

All of the above shouldn't be needed and it's quite ridiculous that we need to consider it. That said, it could have a decent impact on forcing the officials do their job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RoboBear said:

We can stop blaming the refs the media and the tooth fairy and just hold the players and manager to account.

They need to know this is unacceptable and won't be accepted much longer

I don’t think anyone on this disagrees that the player/management need to get their arses in gear!!

But the bias from the refs against us needs to stop as regardless if the team aren’t playing well our results should not be accompanied with multiple bad/wrong decisions from the officials!  

Sweetheart and five stars like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5

First thing  we need is a very strong leader on the park who will fuc-ing demand 100 %  effort from every player. Our board to call out the corruption of the septic run S.p.f.a. whose reffs are terrified and instructed to make sure septic win the  league  . We need another captain like my hero Sir John Greig.

kelvd1873 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WeeRoar said:

Play better so that the referee decisions become immaterial. Take the ref out the equation 

We can’t always play well, parkhead on the 29th for me was an exception even with the cheat Clancy!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WeeRoar said:

Play better so that the referee decisions become immaterial. Take the ref out the equation 

In theory that’s ideal but in reality to think that but to not accept that the refereeing decisions have had an influence on the outcome of our games of late is ridiculous 

Sweetheart, Amato and five stars like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see SG calling out the poor decisions made by the officals. If Dykes shot near the end that hit the post had went in we'd of been looking at another 2 points dropped.

And once again the officals would of played a huge part in the result, with a goal wrongly chopped off and a stonewall penalty denied.

I don't think SG went far enough, he should of referenced the previous game against killie, and made clear that's 2 games in a week, where clear handballs have been ignored by the officals.

We shouldn't be letting this go. We need an official explanation of why we not awarded a penalty against Livi and a free-kick against Killie.

Let's see what excuses they come up with and whether there is any consequences for the incompetent officials.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/02/2020 at 17:42, WeeRoar said:

Play better so that the referee decisions become immaterial. Take the ref out the equation 

Superb idea. Let’s ask the refs to do their job better while we also improve at the same time.  We should never be talking about the officiating if those cunts do a proper job. 

magic8ball and Sweetheart like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...