Barry Fergusons take on current team

ExiledWeegie123

Now we all know Barry is prone to talking pish but for me hes bang on the money with this and I'd give anything for us to have a captain and leader like him on the park the last few games.

Barry Ferguson reflecting on Rangers’ recent form:

“First and foremost he needs to look around that dressing and work out who is really hurting right now. And, more importantly, who is not hurting anywhere near enough.

"I’ll be honest, I got a new TV for my birthday and there were moments the other night when I was so angry I thought I was going to rip it off the wall. At one point I had to stop myself from throwing one of my flip flops through the screen. I just wanted to be out there at Rugby Park helping to do something about it before it was too late.

"That’s why I worry about the mentality of some of the players in Gerrard’s team right now. I watched too many of them go down the other night without being prepared to put up a fight. Where was the anger?

"Where was the drive and determination to dig themselves out of a hole after Killie made it 1-1? Where was the refusal to take no for an answer?

"Looking in from the outside, it’s almost as if some of them think it’s OK to lose games while wearing a Rangers shirt and if that really is the case they are at the wrong club. It should hurt like hell.

"Most importantly, I could see that same pain written all over Gerrard’s face. I could tell just by looking at him he is not prepared to accept what these players have been giving him since they returned from the winter break.

"I could see a man who was ready to give out some harsh words and make some big decisions. Gerrard does not strike me as the kind of guy who would be scared of doing whatever is required if he feels others are not respecting the standards he has set for them.

"That’s why I’d be a worried man if I was one of those players. I’d have listened to his post-match interview and been terrified he was talking about me when he said there may be players in there who are not as strong as he thought. I’d be bursting my balls to get back out there and prove to him I deserve to wear that jersey. I’d want to show him how much it means to me and how badly I care.

"That’s the minimum these guys will have to come up with between now and the end of the season if they are to prove they deserve to be a part of his plans going forward.

"If he can’t stop nine in a row then he certainly can’t afford any
passengers for the following campaign when 10 will be on the line."

Apologies if posted elsewhere.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only time we had drive and determination was when it went to1-1 ( we made it 1-2 ) so he is wrong. in that regard. That drive and determination should have been there at the beginning of the second-half instead we gave them belief.

But he is right, there is not enough winners and leaders in this team.

12 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The only time we had drive and determination was when it went to1-1 ( we made it 1-2 ) so he is wrong. in that regard. That drive and determination should have been there at the beginning of the second-half instead we gave them belief.

But he is right, there is not enough winners and leaders in this team.

How many winners and leaders are in that Kilmarnock team?  None, but they still beat us. That shows how shite we’ve been since the break mate.  

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If he's going to go through the players like a ton of bricks it should've happened at Tynecastle, pointless doing it now. 

Agreed that shouldve happened sooner but as they say theres no time like the present. If we can get them performing again and win all our remaining games and hope they drop points at least once then who knows, maybe far too much to ask on recent performances but I'll remain optomistic right now, one more loss or draw and its curtains though.

I said it before Gerrard came in, and I don’t mean he should be the manager but fergie should be on our coaching staff even just to get through to them what it means to play for Rangers and to get the thick cunts to understand the importance of winning at our club, I thought it was a good idea to bring in Kevan Thomson, he was a guy who got Rangers but wether you like fergie or not, imho he should be in there influencing things, as long as he’s not trying to undermine the manager

I dont think ability is in question, look at some of our performances in Europe and in the league in the first part of the season, its mentality thats the problem, one slip and the heads go down and suddenly they cant string a few passes together, they might be disappointed with losing or drawing, but their nowhere near disappointed enough or they would get out there next game and show us what they can do and what we know they can do.

2 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

I said it before Gerrard came in, and I don’t mean he should be the manager but fergie should be on our coaching staff even just to get through to them what it means to play for Rangers and to get the thick cunts to understand the importance of winning at our club, I thought it was a good idea to bring in Kevan Thomson, he was a guy who got Rangers but wether you like fergie or not, imho he should be in there influencing things, as long as he’s not trying to undermine the manager

To be honest I dont think I'd have him near the team, hes caused problems before for managers, I think he'd try put his oar in a bit too much. Someone like Archie Knox whos been there, knows what it takes and is a number 2 and wouldnt step on the managers toes would do for me.

17 minutes ago, ExilledWeegie123 said:

To be honest I dont think I'd have him near the team, hes caused problems before for managers, I think he'd try put his oar in a bit too much. Someone like Archie Knox whos been there, knows what it takes and is a number 2 and wouldnt step on the managers toes would do for me.

I disagree.  I think him and Gerrard respect each other so wouldnt be a Le Guen scenario, and I think he would give a few home truths to the likes of Tav, Goldson and others.

I worry the players get too relaxed and get ahead of themselves after a few wins.  Barry is a moaning faced bastard, but a winner and sometimes thats what you need to keep yourself on your toes.

59 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If he's going to go through the players like a ton of bricks it should've happened at Tynecastle, pointless doing it now. 

4th or 5th post I've noticed from you now that seems resigned to it being the start of the end for Gerrard.

You've always struck me as someone who's defended him to the hilt before so it's not boding well if even you have turned.

42 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

I would have no qualms bringing BF home and into the coaching staff.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I would have no qualms bringing BF home and into the coaching staff.

Genuinely can't see what he'd offer.

It's not as if Gerrard's not a passionate guy i.e. the celebrations after the win against them.

McGregor knows every bit as well as Ferguson what it means to play for Rangers and win trophies.

It's also not as if he's making a name for himself as a good coach.

Lack of passion isn't the problem.

He’s exactly right. Too many English diddy club players with English diddy club mentalities. Most of these guys come from teams where over 5 games if you win 3, draw 1 and lose 1 that’s a success. They don’t get our mentality of must win every game. 

13 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

4th or 5th post I've noticed from you now that seems resigned to it being the start of the end for Gerrard.

You've always struck me as someone who's defended him to the hilt before so it's not boding well if even you has turned.

I'm still behind him and the players because both of them are just as much to blame for what's happened. 

But it is getting to the point now where Gerrard himself is making the same mistakes over and over again and not learning from them. 

I know it's not his fault necessarily but his constant refusal to condemn match officials for shocking decisions in games is really starting to boil my piss, though it's a state of mind directed at the club in general. 

If he can't find a way to consistently beat the likes of Aberdeen,Kilmarnock and Hertz he's finished, said it after Wednesday we could win 3 of the 4 games against selik and still lose the league by 15+ points, it's unforgivable. 

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Genuinely can't see what he'd offer.

It's not as if Gerrard's not a passionate guy i.e. the celebrations after the win against them.

McGregor knows every bit as well as Ferguson what it means to play for Rangers and win trophies.

It's also not as if he's making a name for himself as a good coach.

Lack of passion isn't the problem.

Isn't he coach of Kelty Hearts who are top of the league? Look, BF has always been a polarizing figure, I get that. 

What is Einstein's definition of insanity?.....

Sometimes a little change is good. I do however realize it won't happen so it's a moot point.

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

I'm still behind him and the players because both of them are just as much to blame for what's happened. 

But it is getting to the point now where Gerrard himself is making the same mistakes over and over again and not learning from them. 

I know it's not his fault necessarily but his constant refusal to condemn match officials for shocking decisions in games is really starting to boil my piss, though it's a state of mind directed at the club in general. 

If he can't find a way to consistently beat the likes of Aberdeen,Kilmarnock and Hertz he's finished, said it after Wednesdaydays we could win 3 of the 4 games against selik and still lose the league by 15+ points, it's unforgivable. 

I can't really disagree with any of that and it more or less mirrors my own view on it.

Would love an inside view into why he's not condemning the officials.

I would say this though, I can't think of anyone (realistic) I would want more in the job than him and I'm desperate for him to succeed. 

11 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Isn't he coach of Kelty Hearts who are top of the league? Look, BF has always been a polarizing figure, I get that. 

What is Einstein's definition of insanity?.....

Sometimes a little change is good. I do however realize it won't happen so it's a moot point.

It's Kelty Hearts mate ffs.

As a player he was my idol and I'm not one of the people who seemingly have an axe to grind with him, just for the reasons I mentioned before I can't see what he'd bring. Under a weak figure like Caixinha or Murty where the players need someone to look up to then definitely, but not when Gerrard's the manager.

9 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I can't really disagree with any of that and it more or less mirrors my own view on it.

Would love an inside view into why he's not condemning the officials.

I would say this though, I can't think of anyone (realistic) I would want more in the job than him and I'm desperate for him to succeed. 

People have their own theories as to why he's not commenting on it, if it's indeed down to the mysterious five way agreement then surely it should be a case for UEFA as governing bodies cannot hold clubs to ransom. 

Whatever the reason the dignified silence is only damaging us on and off the park. 

Archived