Barry Fergusons take on current team

ExiledWeegie123

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Tomatasauce said:

I said it before Gerrard came in, and I don’t mean he should be the manager but fergie should be on our coaching staff even just to get through to them what it means to play for Rangers and to get the thick cunts to understand the importance of winning at our club, I thought it was a good idea to bring in Kevan Thomson, he was a guy who got Rangers but wether you like fergie or not, imho he should be in there influencing things, as long as he’s not trying to undermine the manager

He should have got the gig when jj got it. Nothing against JJ, but Barry Ferguson is a absolute winner and I honestly don’t care that people may not like him as a person (doubt that many that hold that perception actually know him) but as a player for us he was different level, and his desire to win, complemented with ability in abundance for me makes him among our all time best. 
I’ve no doubt that having his presence about the club could only be a benefit as having been in his company he is fiercely Rangers and would install a winning attitude 

13 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

He should have got the gig when jj got it. Nothing against JJ, but Barry Ferguson is a absolute winner and I honestly don’t care that people may not like him as a person (doubt that many that hold that perception actually know him) but as a player for us he was different level, and his desire to win, complemented with ability in abundance for me makes him among our all time best. 
I’ve no doubt that having his presence about the club could only be a benefit as having been in his company he is fiercely Rangers and would install a winning attitude 

A multitude of great players couldn’t coach worth a fuck and Ferguson is one of them. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

A multitude of great players couldn’t coach worth a fuck and Ferguson is one of them. 

Totally agree, a great player doesn’t guarantee a great manager/coach and the evidence is there to see, it was more his determination on the park and his attitude that winning is all that matters approach to Rangers would have been for me a positive. Perhaps your right and his inability to coach resulted in him missing out on the position fair enough. Wouldn’t want him in as manager, but then again some great coaches can’t manage either. Who knows, but I had a feeling when Pedro was after someone when JJ got his role, he had a feeling that Ferguson was after his job, to be fair he was probably right lol. 

6 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

It is precisely his fault I ignore them. 

To be fair I only see his paper articles when there posted on here so they are usually decent, and because of that I like the stuff I read. Must admit if he’s ran a weekly column for years it can’t be great reading most weeks as they make it onto here about 4 tines a season 😂

22 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

Any evidenc to back that up? 

You having a laugh, so we just to ignore all the shit in the press over the years. Going to war with his manager, acting like a prick while away with Scotland. 
So aye plenty of evidence, and I’ve meet him a few times and his brother a pair of pricks. 

16 hours ago, gersfc86 said:

All this being a winner and hurting when you lose chat is quite funny actually! 

A mean yeh professional footballers are disappointed when they lose but ultimately I think ability wins you games! 

Not if you're cfc, they need a helping hand from dodgy refs, dirty tactics, retrospective punishments and pundits berating Rangers players to get their winning mentality and ability.

16 hours ago, Supersonic said:

He's right in my opinion.

And our captain is by far the biggest culprit . Never angry enough ,Never a leader of men , Never a Rangers captain and get that hand over the mouth when speaking to officials to fuck.

Embarrassing 

That is for prima donnas . sickening  

I wonder do we get any ex players into auchenhowie? when we sign a new player do we share our philosophy with them and tell them what it means to play for this club?

These players need to be sat down by long term/senior staff (not Gerrard/McAllister because they don't know) who have been at the club for years and bring in ex players. I mean people who have seen players come and go. People who have been here when we've had success. The staff behind the scenes who work in offices/catering who are obviously dedicated Rangers fans. They need to be told what is expected of them. 

It's no good telling a player to say "I know how big a club this is!" during an interview or have Gerrard tell them every game is a must win. I'd be thinking well fuck sake obviously...every club wants to win every game.

The difference between us and other clubs is that we demand to win every game. Be it Kilmarnock, Hamilton, Clyde, Peterhead, Montrose, Aberdeen, Ayr, Villarreal, Spartak Moscow, celtic, Barcelona, Queen's Park, Airdrie. If we don't win then it's not acceptable. If it's some diddy club or an elite club then we go out there and fight.

Too many of these players must think aye we want to win every game but if we don't...it's OK. We can settle for a draw or if we lose it's fine we'll be able to make up for it. Fuck right off. That mentality does not belong at Rangers. If that's how you think we can play then it's best you go back down to England or wherever else.

I loved fergie as a player my idol. He strived of the pressure of been in a title race and games at ibrox when the fans turned against the players a little that motivated him even more for a win but what I will say is fergie who isnt on the pitch seems like a fanny. Heard a few storts of him refusing autographs and I also hate how he writes for the daily rebel.

Nothing will ever take away my love for fergie the player though.

18 hours ago, ExilledWeegie123 said:

I dont think ability is in question, look at some of our performances in Europe and in the league in the first part of the season, its mentality thats the problem, one slip and the heads go down and suddenly they cant string a few passes together, they might be disappointed with losing or drawing, but their nowhere near disappointed enough or they would get out there next game and show us what they can do and what we know they can do.

It’s a sign of small mentality imo.  Raising their performance levels against what you’d call big sides but failure to match the 120% against lower opposition.  Every time we’ve been top and expected to kick on we completely throw it away. No champions Atleast in the outfield positions in our team and that is why we’ll be winning nothing again. 

our players would rather pass the ball around the 18 yard box instead of taking the responsibility on and having a crack.   That’s why we lost the cup final because the weak minded would rather pass to someone instead of taking flack from having a shot and it going wide.   Not because of an offside goal

1 hour ago, pollok-bear said:

I loved fergie as a player my idol. He strived of the pressure of been in a title race and games at ibrox when the fans turned against the players a little that motivated him even more for a win but what I will say is fergie who isnt on the pitch seems like a fanny. Heard a few storts of him refusing autographs and I also hate how he writes for the daily rebel.

Nothing will ever take away my love for fergie the player though.

He is a complete fanny mate . His wife, who thinks she is hollywood , probably has a lot to do with that .

Love him as a player but i despise both the Ferguson's and the one at the sheep . 

Archived