Jim Traynor Attacked

BridgeIsBlue

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Daily Record now

Rangers FC media chief Jim Traynor was struck by a 'rock while out walking his dogs', the Record can reveal. 

We told how the Ibrox PR boss was attacked in broad daylight on Wednesday afternoon in Cumbernauld. 

Police sources say they are investigating claims Traynor was struck by a rock during the assault near Stirling Road in the North Lanarkshire town.

READ MORE

Rangers media chief Jim Traynor attacked in broad daylight

It was at around 3.15pm while the Gers chief was out walking his dogs.

Traynor claims 'his position at  Ibrox was what sparked the incident', when two thugs pounced. 

His condition is unknown at this stage, however, police have launched a probe into the attack.

Nobody seems to know what Traynor's condition is. I hope he is okay.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What exactly had Traynor done to these scum bastards ,Square root of fuck all ,is it any wonder that referees are shite scared to give us any 50 50s when there is a constant threat of violence from  some wee fenian ned ,who’s mind has been polluted with IRA glory 

It's now time for the police to have a word with so called journalists and so called pundits to stop stirring up the hatred, if the police can go into the dressing rooms to warn players of their conduct before old firm games then they can have a word with these cunts. Any inflamatory comments and they get charged simple. 

1 minute ago, soulboy said:

It's now time for the police to have a word with so called journalists and so called pundits to stop stirring up the hatred, if the police can go into the dressing rooms to warn players of their conduct before old firm games then they can have a word with these cunts. Any inflamatory comments and they get charged simple. 

That would be challenge against the freedom of the media ,it’s ok for hollicom though 

2 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

That would be challenge against the freedom of the media ,it’s ok for hollicom though 

If some so called religous twat Choudary can get jailed for stirring up racial hatred journalists should be as well

19 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

Hatred towards us frightening from the media , Traynor gets attacked whilst aresholes such as Sutton , Stewart , Hartson stroll around as if they are untouchable.

Things need to change.

You know what needs to be done, I have faith in you. 👍

24 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

Hatred towards us frightening from the media , Traynor gets attacked whilst aresholes such as Sutton , Stewart , Hartson stroll around as if they are untouchable.

Things need to change.

Indeed it does ,but in the current climate I really can’t see how it’s possible ,we don’t have any influence at all and won’t be allowed it 

There is only one stance the fans can make that would be a massive message to what the club and fans are going through and still hold the morale high ground.

Boycott every away game till the end of the season..

A boycott is the only way... 

Marches only attract fannies who start trouble and banners don`t have any impact..

Boycott or be trodden on 

1 hour ago, soulboy said:

Not really a police role and there would be hell on if they tried and the politicos for one would not allow it. Remember Humza. 

It's all things the club being attacked, so if the club feel there is wrong doing, then it is their responsibility to raise the matter with the media, the police or the footballing authorities as appropriate, but not in this life I'm afraid.

The club also have it in their power to sanction those in their hate campaign against us, but again nothing.

The club simply need to grow a fucking pair and take action and no more of the pathetic meaningless statements. It's now fucking embarrasing and just look where it has got us thus far.

Simply not fit for purpose.

Mammy them big boys done it.

3 minutes ago, Robert68 said:

There is only one stance the fans can make that would be a massive message to what the club and fans are going through and still hold the morale high ground.

Marches only attract fannies who start trouble and banners don`t have any impact..

Boycott or be trodden on 

I'd be wary of stirring the away loyal on here. Tried before in worst circumstances and failed miserably. 

Also, it IS the club who should be taking action and take matters up with the media, police and footballing authities as appropriate, incuding within our own gift, banning orders on all the haters in the media, but that would take growing a spine.

It is not for us to take up the mantle of what this board are wholly responsible for, because if it backfires, they are off the hook and we are made to look the fools.

13 minutes ago, Robert68 said:

Boycott or be trodden on 

Most who say boycott aways dont go to aways.  And unless it's a club driven one then theres zero chance folk would support it anyways.

Non starter.

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I'd be wary of stirring the away loyal on here. Tried before in worst circumstances and failed miserably. 

Also, it IS the club who should be taking action and take matters up with the media, police and footballing authities as appropriate, incuding within our own gift, banning orders on all the haters in the media, but that would take growing a spine.

It is not for us to take up the mantle of what this board are wholly responsible for, because if it backfires, they are off the hook and we are made to look the fools.

I know what you're saying but surely a boycott makes more sense now than ever before.

I`m sick of filling the pockets of the haters of the club..

I'm so disgusted with this I'm struggling to try to express my feelings.  I'm 66 and still working, hope to retire soon but don't feel like an old guy.  Having said that I'm only about 5' 5" and have to admit that I'd be an easy target for a couple of younger guys, especially if they had bricks.  It's a real scarey thought and these people do not deserve to share space with decent human beings. I'm not a fan of Traynor but this is bloody awful.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Most who say boycott aways dont go to aways.  And unless it's a club driven one then theres zero chance folk would support it anyways.

Non starter.

Then lets all just sit back and let them f**k the club and fans over like they have been doing for how many years now..

Nothing will change because the fans will allow it.

I will confess to not going to every away game though.

9 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Not really a police role and there would be hell on if they tried and the politicos for one would not allow it. Remember Humza. 

It's all things the club being attacked, so if the club feel there is wrong doing, then it is their responsibility to raise the matter with the media, the police or the footballing authorities as appropriate, but not in this life I'm afraid.

The club also have it in their power to sanction those in their hate campaign against us, but again nothing.

The club simply need to grow a fucking pair and take action and no more of the pathetic meaningless statements. It's now fucking embarrasing and just look where it has got us thus far.

Simply not fit for purpose.

Mammy them big boys done it.

If this board doesn't start getting more robust in their reactions to employees be it players or staff being targeted for attacks and it starts to become the norm  then another problem could well begin to form in the fact that when it comes to  trying to attract  a good quality of player  agents might well be inclined to warn them that it might not be a safe place to ply their trade, might seem a bit extreme but I could see it happening.

1 hour ago, Ger_onimo said:

Yes but several idiots, me being one of them, were talking about attempted murder and the like before the full details emerged.

So he was hit by a rock while walking his dog.

Not condoning it. Far from it. A rock to the head can be deadly. Absolutely rotten behaviour.

That being said,  sounds more like the actions of wee boys rather than the battering off two men which was first alleged.

His position as head of our media was the motivation for the attack.

I’ll continue to wait until everything comes out rather than join the call to arms. Hardly believe a word that comes from or involves the man.

I cannot believe there are so many on here to call me a tarrier because I don’t automatically buy a Jim Traynor story. I’m the one for the watching apparently.

Lets wait and see what transpires. 

Archived