Jim Traynor Attacked

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Robert68 said:

Then lets all just sit back and let them f**k the club and fans over like they have been doing for how many years now..

Nothing will change because the fans will allow it.

I will confess to not going to every away game though.

Few go to every away game. Such is the demand. Do you take your full cccs allocation and go to those?

12 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

If this board doesn't start getting more robust in their reactions to employees be it players or staff being targeted for attacks and it starts to become the norm  then another problem could well begin to form in the fact that when it comes to  trying to attract  a good quality of player  agents might well be inclined to warn them that it might not be a safe place to ply their trade, might seem a bit extreme but I could see it happening.

Well, again something that is the board's responsibility to consider and if they already have, they are clearly taking that risk.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Few go to every away game. Such is the demand. Do you take your full cccs allocation and go to those?

Easy answer to that is no..

Look I`m only suggesting the boycott as I see the biggest statement in that.

If you don`t agree you don`t call me names, you say it wont work (in your opinion) 

I`ve not heard one sensible suggestion to fight back.. just the usual idiots who live in here giving their usual sh*te as the only opinion on offer.

4 minutes ago, Robert68 said:

Easy answer to that is no..

Look I`m only suggesting the boycott as I see the biggest statement in that.

If you don`t agree you don`t call me names, you say it wont work (in your opinion) 

I`ve not heard one sensible suggestion to fight back.. just the usual idiots who live in here giving their usual sh*te as the only opinion on offer.

I appreciate your honesty, but am not surprised you too suggest it but dont go to those games. Bottom line for me is love Rangers more than I hate our enemies. Boycotting imo would have a negative impact on the team so it's a non starter.

Plus, my main grievance is with the sfa and MSM. Theres actions the club could take against both that would have far bigger impact than what we as fans can do.

And I've called you fuck all names til this point. Now fuck off you walloper.

24 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

So he was hit by a rock while walking his dog.

Not condoning it. Far from it. A rock to the head can be deadly. Absolutely rotten behaviour.

That being said,  sounds more like the actions of wee boys rather than the battering off two men which was first alleged.

His position as head of our media was the motivation for the attack.

I’ll continue to wait until everything comes out rather than join the call to arms. Hardly believe a word that comes from or involves the man.

I cannot believe there are so many on here to call me a tarrier because I don’t automatically buy a Jim Traynor story. I’m the one for the watching apparently.

Lets wait and see what transpires. 

It's hardly a traynor story ? Hes not commented or anything like that 

31 minutes ago, Robert68 said:

I know what you're saying but surely a boycott makes more sense now than ever before.

I`m sick of filling the pockets of the haters of the club..

I think you are directing your angst at the wrong people.

All points of the compass point to this board and our frustration in their lack of action and a spine in all these matters should be taken out against them.

Thereafter, if they look to boycott, then more would be in agreement. It's simple for them, as all they only need to not accept away allocations.

We are under serious attack from all qypuarters  and if the board cared one bit, they would set up a coherent strategy and a plan of action to counter it and not for us to go off half cocked.

However, there appears to be no plan, no action, so our response to that is challenge the board on that, to try and spur them into action. If that fails, nothing changes and we continue to bend over and take it up the arse. As bad as that is.

Our final act would be voting with our feet and I can see that coming.

Better option than a full boycott ,Everybody turn up 10mins late ,or leave early ,turn away for a large period of the game etc ,

These can be done at home games ,well apart from leave early ,I suppose the subway loyal could maybe stay till the end 

Boycott wouldn’t work ,we need the other clubs on our side ,I know that’s a long shot but pissing them off ain’t going to help ,

This is an almost impossible situation we face ,authorities and media all sown up and singing the song the taigs tell them ,Any fix will take years 

25 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

So he was hit by a rock while walking his dog.

Not condoning it. Far from it. A rock to the head can be deadly. Absolutely rotten behaviour.

That being said,  sounds more like the actions of wee boys rather than the battering off two men which was first alleged.

His position as head of our media was the motivation for the attack.

I’ll continue to wait until everything comes out rather than join the call to arms. Hardly believe a word that comes from or involves the man.

I cannot believe there are so many on here to call me a tarrier because I don’t automatically buy a Jim Traynor story. I’m the one for the watching apparently.

Lets wait and see what transpires. 

Yeah loads of wee boys will know who Rangers PR head honcho is and attack him because of it.

52 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I appreciate your honesty, but am not surprised you too suggest it but dont go to those games. Bottom line for me is love Rangers more than I hate our enemies. Boycotting imo would have a negative impact on the team so it's a non starter.

Plus, my main grievance is with the sfa and MSM. Theres actions the club could take against both that would have far bigger impact than what we as fans can do.

And I've called you fuck all names til this point. Now fuck off you walloper.

Hahaha you obviously don`t like my "ppl who live in" .... ppl like you

Its obvious your wife/life partner doesnt allow you out if the team isnt playing hence your fear of boycotting the away games.

As for "walloper", I`m fine with that

My opinion of you and your boyfriend is much more offensive lol

It isn’t a surprise. 

The last decade or so the tarriers have had carte blanche to do what they want, when they want and how they want. They fully believe they’re untouchable and numerous incidents especially over the last 2-3 years have shown this. The repercussions for their actions are non-existent and it’ll continue with those in positions of power and in the media continually spouting what they do

Yeah loads of wee boys will know who Rangers PR head honcho is and attack him because of it.

All the kids these days are on tablets, smart phones, insta, FB, Twitter etc. 

What adult throws stones? Especially a pair of them. 

Traynor is an auld man. If two adults wanted to leather him you’d expect that they would.

As I said - I’ll wait to see what transpires but I’m not getting sucked in to this one yet.

1 minute ago, Robert68 said:

Hahaha you obviously don`t like my "ppl who live in" .... ppl like you

Its obvious your wife/life partner doesnt allow you out if the team isnt playing hence your fear of boycotting the away games.

As for "walloper", I`m fine with that

My opinion of you and your boyfriend is much more offensive lol

Wife and boyfriend? Wtf? 😂

I've no interest inyour people who live in anywhere remark never mind being bothered by it.

So folk that go to away games have to go or they're not allowed out? Wtf, again.

Think you've been in the boozer all day. Off up the road walloper, it's not safe to be out at night with an empty heid.

50 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Better option than a full boycott ,Everybody turn up 10mins late ,or leave early ,turn away for a large period of the game etc ,

These can be done at home games ,well apart from leave early ,I suppose the subway loyal could maybe stay till the end 

Boycott wouldn’t work ,we need the other clubs on our side ,I know that’s a long shot but pissing them off ain’t going to help ,

This is an almost impossible situation we face ,authorities and media all sown up and singing the song the taigs tell them ,Any fix will take years 

For sure. The media spin headline would be Rangers killing the game!

I do wonder as to why this board's lack of action against our haters, then add the racism issue and the ref bias. Beggars belief tbh.

However, make no mistake, the haters agenda remains to put us out of business, or wound us so much, we can never be a threat and imo imo they are winning. The longer we go without winning a title, the fans will simply vote with their feet and who could blame us, paying good money for a rigged game where the winner is known before it begins? 

I despise the board in their allowing all this to happen, when there are steps they can take to defend us and stop this rot, but it just isn't happening.

1 hour ago, Robert68 said:

There is only one stance the fans can make that would be a massive message to what the club and fans are going through and still hold the morale high ground.

Boycott every away game till the end of the season..

A boycott is the only way... 

Marches only attract fannies who start trouble and banners don`t have any impact..

Boycott or be trodden on 

How will boycotting games make our board speak up on refs not applying the rules, Rangers personnel being attacked? Wouldn't an emergency AGM be best, as what is happening is affecting our finances, brand and reputation and ability to play in this league.

2 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Traynor is an auld man. If two adults wanted to leather him you’d expect that they would.

As I said - I’ll wait to see what transpires but I’m not getting sucked in to this one yet.

Not sure I've seen anywhere anyone threw stones. If that's your take on "struck with a rock" then I'd suggest you're likely wrong.

I'd agree theres a lack of detail available but on the face of it it's really not probable two wee boys knew who he was,  chucked stones, and let him know its cos of who he was as he got taken to hospital for his injuries.

3 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Tarriers have quite a history of throwing things , is it 2 young Rangers fans hit with bottles they flung , a banger that led too a kids injury they tossed into our fans before we cut their allocation, they attacked the front door of ibrox with stones and bottles after they won the league just a cpl of seasons ago ,

All these attacks were carried out by adults 

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

How will boycotting games make our board speak up on refs not applying the rules, Rangers personnel being attacked? Wouldn't an emergency AGM be best, as what is happening is affecting are finances, brand and reputation and ability to play in this league.

Was with you there SH,  right up to the emergency AGM suggestion.

37 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

How will boycotting games make our board speak up on the refs situation, refs not applying the rules, Rangers personnel being attacked? Wouldn't an emergency AGM be best, as what is happening is affecting are finances, brand and reputation and ability to play in this league.

ok

Not sure I've seen anywhere anyone threw stones. If that's your take on "struck with a rock" then I'd suggest you're likely wrong.

I'd agree theres a lack of detail available but on the face of it it's really not probable two wee boys knew who he was,  chucked stones, and let him know its cos of who he was as he got taken to hospital for his injuries.

I get that point of view. And I am more than happy to accept the nature of the attack could be far worse than how I perceive it atm.

I just cannot trust a story involving the man.

Especially one of such vague detail. You can interpret it that he was koshed with a brick or a pebble hit him on the shoe.

The fact he’s told the sun it’s due to his job tells me he’s fine. 

Until there is an arrest and further clear detail on the incident I won’t take it as seriously as some on here. I just have too much scepticism. 

In a week of dropped points, manager scrutiny, more Alfie scrutiny, diseased pitch, yet again kit deal problems this could be a very very minor incident blown up to deflect. Take our minds off pressing issues.

That’s the PRs job. Especially with attack off Stewart - it’s an easy deflection - if that’s what it is.

If it is as bad as it could be - then of course I’ll be angry and hold my hands up.

Archived